How extraordinarily sexist

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/prison-sentences-women-abolished_uk_5bd88f01e4b07427610c0ddd?8n7&utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

Prison Sentences For Women Of Less Than A Year Should Be Abolished, Say MPs And Peers

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

That's not how I read the article, but you're entitled to your opinion, TJ.

Why did you not read it as sexist HB - as the title and context defines it

It doesn't say

Prison Sentences Of Less Than A Year Should Be Abolished, for the following reasons ..

It doesn't say

People who are convicted of 'minor theft and are not a rsik to society should not receive custodial sentences

etc etc

Even the statistics used are unreasonable selective to argue a point

ie

" evidence indicates that women’s centers provide better support for women and are more effective at reducing offending"

well, if there were more mens centers funded to equivalent levels ...

"Of the prison sentences handed out to women last year, two-thirds were less than six months long, while 246 women were sentences to less than two weeks behind bars"

I'll lay great odds that there were a lot more than 246 men with sentences of less than two weeks behind bars.

"more women were handed a custodial sentence for theft than violence against the person offenses"

and the sentence should fit the crime ... whatever a persons sex or religious beliefs

and I'll bet statistics would already show women tend to get shorter sentences for similar crimes ..

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

and somewhat more controversial:

If I say 'what a lovely smile' to (let alone wolf whistle) a girl with a lovely smile, and she turns out to be Jewish,

Is that simple appreciation? or a misogynistic anti-Semitic hate crime?

If she turns out to be transgender.

Is that a misogynistic sexist anti-Semitic hate crime?

Dare I even look at anyone and smile without fear of committing a hate crime?

The Tory Legacy

This came to mind because strangely (yeh yeh) a few weeks ago I was wolf whistled by one of a group of 3 school girls (age about 15 or 16 as far as I could tell)

- Yes really - just call me a grey fox :whoo:

Despite being sure it was just one showing off in front of her friends, Should I have been chuffed as flick and simply walked on, as I was and did, or should I have called the police on these criminals for their hate crime?

(I did actually, rather daringly, give them a huge grin)

The Tory Legacy