Job centre local compliance interview

NDS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi wonder if I could ask for some advice from anyone who has undergone a similiar situation.

I have received a letter from my local job centre advising me that I have to go for an interview with them to discuss some changes that may affect my benefits payments.

I claim HB ESA Support Group and PIP. I called and spoke to person on the letter who told me that they have had anonymous report that I am working which is not correct. I am pretty sure I know who this person is as I provided support for seriously mentally unstable person in my road last year in terms of helping them with forms, appointments and in dealing with their multiple suicide attempts.

Following their behavior becoming uncontrollable and indeed dangerous in April I told them I could no longer be involved. Since then they have hacked my Facebook account and posted derogatory information and called several organisations with allegations. I involved the Police following the hacking of my facebook account and subsequent phone calls.

I am very concerned and also confused as the letter says that you must come to office with various pieces of ID. I have not worked for about 10 years as have severe physical impairment and depression. I also live alone and have no dependents. The letter does not say under caution although I have been told that all interviews are conducted under caution automatically.

I am very upset as have done nothing wrong and yet am being treated like a criminal just on say so of this anonymous person. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

I hope someone with specific advice will post soon.

In the meantime, I know from reading other people's posts that if it was going to be an interview under caution, the letter would say so. A letter from Compliance tends to suggest that DWP don't really give much weight to the allegation but they do still have to check. I'm sure that if you asked they would come to you rather than make you go to the office if you would be happier with that.

Having been on the receiving end of malicious allegations I know how stressful it can be. In my case they did visit me at home and were obviously happy with my explanation and suggestion as to who had made the allegation and why. I had a letter a few days later saying they had closed the investigation. If you have a crime report or anything in writing from the police to back up your suspicion it would probably help to have it with you.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thank you to really mad woman. I am just so stressed as it is so awful to feel accused when you have done nothing wrong. It is also upsetting to know that someone dislikes you enough to do this report especially when all I did was try to help her to best of my ability at time and really could not continue with helping her when she became more unwell which as Police agreed could have put me at serious risk in view of my impairment. Thank you for your advice and help

The same person reported me three times, DWP have to investigate but after the first one they apologised for having to bother me again. It's horrible so it's an easy way for someone with a grudge to get at you if you let them. If you can, try to view it as a necessary part of the process which is nothing personal. If DWP had any doubt about you working, it would be an interview under caution.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thank you think that has put my mind at rest. They say anonymous report but it is obvious to me who it is - I think that DWP should have some recourse to these people as they waste the DWP time time by making false allegations just to be spiteful and cause person accused a lot of stress and upset

Would it be worth speaking to the police again? What this person is doing might amount to harassment, but there's always a risk that you'll make things worse if they know they're getting to you.

RMW

Would it be worth speaking to the police again? What this person is doing might amount to harassment, but there's always a risk that you'll make things worse if they know they're getting to you.

There is no evidence that the person believed to have made the allegation was responsible. I would only involve Police, if I had some evidence, that the Police could act upon. The Police would not contact DWP in this situation, as they would not have right to such information. It is not a crime to make a report that someone may be makng a false benefit claim. It might be part of a harassment campaign, but if the person making such a report to DWP had suspicion of benefit fraud taking place, then it would not be considered.

I would suggest that anyone in this situation just attends the compliance interviews to avoid their benefits being stopped and they provide all information requested. I would suggest that you do not talk to the compliance officer about who you think made the report to DWP, unless they ask you about this. Who made the report is not relevant, as anyone with suspicions of benefit fraud can make such reports and do so anonymously. It is just a case of providing information to disprove the allegation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread