Moorcroft chasing Thames Water debt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

then you don't pay Moorcroft -

you pay TW

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moved to the utils forum and thread title amended

Edited by Andyorch
and thread title amended

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx I can't, thames water do not own the debt anymore and refuse to recall it, its a minimal amount, I just want it settled, but the Moorcroft website isn't working, if I pay the amount to TW it will just show as a credit on my ongoing account and Moorcroft will continue to chase the bit they have as debt.

Hi Tezza - Ask for TW SC and ACC number. Debt is still owned by them - Not by Moorcroft...

https://www.thameswater.co.uk/-/media/Site-Content/Thames-Water/Your-Account/Billing-and-Payment/Help-paying-bill/help-paying-your-bill.pdf

Screenshot_1.png

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Moorcroft do not buy debts

Who is their stated client.

You've been here 5yrs now you should know better..

and they

dx frankly ive had enough of you, ive seen countless posts where all you do is slate the OP who is asking for help, if you don't want to be here or have nothing constructive to say then just don't bother, you are upsetting a lot of people.

The stated client is TW and I have been on the phone to them for hours and online chat for hours and TW say I have to deal with Moorcroft and the debt will not be recalled, I can't physically make TW do anything, I just want to pay the bloody thing, but even then, the Moorcroft website isn't working for some unbeknown reason.

Thank you for your constructiveness flock

p.s I have a payment plan with TW but this amount was transferred to Moorcroft before I set it up and TW say it can't and won't be recalled and I have to deal with Moorcroft.

its not been sent anywhere or sold to anyone.

Moorcroft do not buy debts.

is this an old bill not 28-2019 the current one you are currently paying say by DD?

so has a differing account number to the above.

and you know those details ??

the help you are asking for is resolving an issue by paying a powerless dca that does not even OWN the debt.

there is no legal remit to pay or even deal with them.

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow the whole industry would collapse over night.

and they

Tezza - Simply put DX is right... You can still pay the OC direct in this case and I would using the details i have you :)

You dont have to pay Moorshaft anything :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

dx frankly ive had enough of you, ive seen countless posts where all you do is slate the OP who is asking for help, if you don't want to be here or have nothing constructive to say then just don't bother, you are upsetting a lot of people.

The stated client is TW and I have been on the phone to them for hours and online chat for hours and TW say I have to deal with Moorcroft and the debt will not be recalled, I can't physically make TW do anything, I just want to pay the bloody thing, but even then, the Moorcroft website isn't working for some unbeknown reason.

Thank you for your constructiveness flock

p.s I have a payment plan with TW but this amount was transferred to Moorcroft before I set it up and TW say it can't and won't be recalled and I have to deal with Moorcroft.

While you may not like DX's advice or his abruptness, he is correct. TW just cant be bothered with the admin work. You simply ignore moorcroft completely, and pay TW via online portal or payslip, into their account, use your reference number then inform them of it. They may not like it or agree to it, but they certainly cannot stop you, or do anything about it. No company is allowed to refuse payment towards an outstanding debt that they own as by doing so they would be putting you into an unfair and worse situation. No matter what they say

Basically doing this, you get to ignore moorcroft and you FORCE TW to accept your payments.

It's the result you want, and you dont have to deal with a bottom of the barrel DCA.

https://www.thameswater.co.uk/my-account/billing-and-payment/paying-your-bill/pay-by-debit-or-credit-card

Go there, pay the bill or what you can afford and have a good laugh at them for being so stubborn and stupid.

Use any letters moorcroft send as toilet paper or firelighters.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Moorcroft are used by many companies as an extension to the original creditors accounts department. It is a pretty basic service they offer.

Agree with others here, if you want to settle the debt or have issues about the debt, it is TW you would deal with.

Nothing stopping you paying a credit from your Bank to TW. As long as you quote your correct customer reference number, the payment will go to the correct account.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the client is TW, even Morecrap admit that so just send them a cheque for the amount and if they refuse it they have waved goodbye to the right to enforce the debt by any other means. Look up the term mitigation as applied to debts. I think you will find that they can be bothered after that.