First direct managed loan debt

saintorsinner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think I have posted some information before on this but cant find the thread

I had a old credit card debt from 1996.

I defaulted in 2002 and ever since 2002 I have paid £10 per month to the company, ( no contact ever)

In 2013 their bank details changed and so the payments bounced back

In March 2014 I received a letter from Cabot stating they own the debt

In October 2014 I have received my statement ( it does indeed look the debt was bought in 2014) Along with a arrears letter

What I would like to know from esteemed gentlemen on this forum is

1. Can they repost this information on my credit file? ( nothing to date)
  2. Will Cabot be aware that payments have only recently stopped so not statuted barred
  3. They cannot default me , as I was defaulted in 2002? is this true?
  4. the account was opened in 1996 , so will they have the credit agreement, ( bearing in mind it was a live account with the bank till just 8 months ago)

Thank you all in advance

Sounds like your being cash cowed here, and they're all trying their luck!

STOP PAYING NOW.

Send the latest gophers a CCA request, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974 send it 2nd class post, just obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

Keep an eye on your credit files, yes they 'shouldn't mark it now as the default has auto dropped off, however, don't be surprised if they do.

Add up the amount you have paid already...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

who was the card account originally with?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

1. Can they repost this information on my credit file? ( nothing to date) NO
  2. Will Cabot be aware that payments have only recently stopped so not statuted barred THEY CAN OBTAIN THIS INFO
  3. They cannot default me , as I was defaulted in 2002? is this true? TRUE THEY CANNOT
  4. the account was opened in 1996 , so will they have the credit agreement, HIGHLY UNLIKELY

if you receive any type of threatening letter then send a cca request

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

yes unable to enforce without a reply that complies with s78(1)cca1974

here is the fca guidance for you

http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/FCA/CONC/13/1

cash cowed!!

get that CCA off

might be an idea to SAR HSBC too

what type of debt was it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

credit card.

Just reading the FCA guidance now

(1) The copy of the executed agreement should be a 'true copy' of the original. However, as confirmed in the case of Carey v HSBC Bank plc [2009] EWHC 3417 (QB), in this context the term 'true copy' does not necessarily mean a carbon, photocopy, microfiche copy or other exact copy of the signed agreement. There is no obligation to provide a copy which includes a copy of the signature.

(2) The firm can reconstitute a copy. It can do this by re-populating a template of the relevant agreement form with the details of the specific agreement taken from its records. If the firm does provide a reconstituted copy, it should explain that that is what it has done, to avoid misleading the customer that this is a contemporaneous copy.

So if they don't find the agreement , the debt is still enforceable ?

they'll need the signed agreement for one of that age.

no chance.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Plenty have tried. AFAIK, none have succeeded. The laws there for a reason. Remember. They are a DCA. Not the OC. They may have bought rights and obligations to the debt, but it is unlikely any paperwork exists. Plus its cabot. 99% of the time they dont have any paperwork for the debt and rely on people slack of knowledge to get them to pay.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Send that CCA off and see what ( if anything) comes back. If cabot dont have the paperwork and they know its a bad debt, theyll try and say they have the account on hold for a while. Normally 30-40 days, even though CCA timeframe is 12+2 ;)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 year later...

Hi All

In 2002 i defaulted a lot of debt , HSBC etc and most of which i never repaid.

Now 16 yrs on , I am back on my feet have a good credit rating during this time , I avoided HSBC due to the "debt"

My question do bank holds personal black lists of customers from year dot that havent repaid . Or once you have defaulted sold the debt on etc thats it

I know barclaycard accepted me , and that was 16 years on ,

I applied for a M&S current account and realised after it was subsidiary of HSBC . What does the esteemed group think ?

I did a data subject access on a debt from cabot last year , HSBC credit card was sold on and the loan CCJ is still being paid 14 years on.

I guess does M&S bank access group HSBC records? it would be interesting to see what the decline letter looks like LOL

I left Halifax in 2007 owing circa 50k.

I now bank with them, and have been for over 12 months now.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thats good news Bazooka , did you pay anything during that time?

No, the story goes, albeit heavily redacted, that I asked them for assistance when I knew I was going to be made permanently unemployed due to disability.

One of their 'Financial advisors' advised, that I could take out another unsecured loan of 25k, to pay off the previous loan I had with them (unsecured) and to part pay off my 'gold' credit card with them (iro 20k).

So I said, ''Oh so I take out the payment protection insurance, and then when I'm unemployed, I claim off that to pay the loan?''

'No, you can't do that as you already know you'll be being made unemployed'

So what exactly is your helpful advice in this matter then??

So once i was made unemployed, with no possibility of ever returning to the workplace, Halifax turned the thumb screws, even though I had informed them month prior to my redundancy that I wouldn't be able to service these accounts, they said 'can a friend or family member help you pay?'.

It was at this point, I left them, and left them to get on with things, they sent the usual bluff and begging missives, I toyed around with them for a while, baiting them when i got bored, but all in all, never paid a penny, it went through tens of DCA's all with the same standard threat templates, even trying to threaten my mother by harassing her with deforestation, which was met with a call from the local constabulary informing them that if they continued they would be committing a criminal offence of harassment, and lo and behold, nothing further.

Now I bank back with the Halifax, and have been for a while now.

I was with Barclaycard years ago, defaulted then issued a court claim for charges, they paid in full and offset the returned charges to close the account.

I have a Barclaycard now.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

nope, i have it in black and white they dont keep info older than 6 yrs, well that was in response to a SAR!!

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.