Time to shop around & switch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just had a letter from my current Gas/Electricity suppliers EBICO, saying that because Government will introduce a price cap on variable/default tariffs from end of 2018, that my current ZERO tariff (no standing charge) will come to an end. This will mean for my supply, that I will see an increase of about £100 a year.

EBICO say that because of the Goverment price cap, the current tariff they provide to me, will become commercially unsustainable.

I have done a few calculations and if I switch suppliers, I can limit the increase to about £50 a year, moving to a supplier that does not charge for cancelling early. In the Spring of 2019, I can then look again and see if it is worth switching again.

Thought I would post this, as from memory there are a number of people who post on CAG that were with EBICO. Also going into Winter, with many suppliers currently changing tariffs, it may be worth people shopping around to see if they can save money.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

my supplier is cranking up my bill by 7% this month, the second increase this year. Why has the standing charge been increased as well? I accept that oil and gas cost more than 6 months ago but the cables delivering it havent suddenly transformed into gold from copper. Also I am supposed to be 100% green energy on the leccy so when did the sunshine and wind suddenly get more expensive?

My problem is I cant get a proper comparison from the popular sites becuase the increases havent taken effect yet.