Letter from "Search Squad"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've sought advice regarding my situation of the years, and have more than appreciated the guidance given.

I left the UK eleven years ago, I had some debts when I left and did manage to service them for a while, after a while the contstant harrasment and lack of empathy from various creditors just got too much for me and I made the decision, rightly or wrongly, to stop paying, whilst I wasn't proud of my actions the relief was wonderful, and I was able to rebuild my life.

Whilst I gave the creditors my overseas address, to prevent a backdoor CCJ in the UK, the letters stopped arriving, debts started to become SB'd, with the final one being SB'd a tad over two years ago.

Today I received a letter from an outfit called "Search Squad'', normal old baloney "We've been appointed to trace a person and we need your help with our search", they go onto say "please call, visit our website or email us and we will clarify why we have contacted you".

I've no intention of doing either, but I wondered if anyone knows if they normally act for any company in particular?

I'm moving home again shortly and it wasn't my intention to write to old creditors, given that all debts became SB'd between two and five years ago.

Thanks in advance.

scan it up to pdf read upload.

make sure we can read the little print along the bottom

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

very little to go around the net

it wont / cant hurt you to contact them

if it is in relation to a debt its statute barred anyway.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you checked Trustonline to see whether there are any CCJ's registered at previous UK address ?

According to their website, Search Squad also deal with serving statutory demands.

Might be worth ruling out that there are no CCJ's that are still enforceable. If a creditor got a CCJ within the last 6 years, then they might be trying to enforce it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

an SD will not be recorded at TOL and is not a CCJ.

credit file time

and they

In my recent past, I have had a search letter addressed to the 'homeowner'. I did nothing to assist them at all and I recommend you do so too. One thing the letter is good for is if you tear it into strips wide enough to wipe with :!:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Can i just say - This is from their website

What can we help with?

- Matrimonial Surveillance

MATRIMONIAL SURVEILLANCE

Cheating partner or spouse via mobile and static surveillance with video or photo evidence

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I've sought advice regarding my situation of the years, and have more than appreciated the guidance given.

I left the UK eleven years ago, I had some debts when I left and did manage to service them for a while, after a while the contstant harrasment and lack of empathy from various creditors just got too much for me and I made the decision, rightly or wrongly, to stop paying, whilst I wasn't proud of my actions the relief was wonderful, and I was able to rebuild my life.

Whilst I gave the creditors my overseas address, to prevent a backdoor CCJ in the UK, the letters stopped arriving, debts started to become SB'd, with the final one being SB'd a tad over two years ago.

Today I received a letter from an outfit called "Search Squad'', normal old baloney "We've been appointed to trace a person and we need your help with our search", they go onto say "please call, visit our website or email us and we will clarify why we have contacted you".

I've no intention of doing either, but I wondered if anyone knows if they normally act for any company in particular?

I'm moving home again shortly and it wasn't my intention to write to old creditors, given that all debts became SB'd between two and five years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Id carry on with life and ignore. You are not in the UK? Anything you know about is statute barred? Move on.

Debt chasers still attempt to go after statute barred debt in the faint hope that people will cough up.

Thanks for the views, on balance I think I'll not bother responding.

I did check Trustonline a while after everything became SB'd, nothing was listed at all, all my creditors have corresponded with me here in SE Asia.

As for matrimonial surveillance, sadly I have nothing to worry about there :sad:

Thanks again for the responses

• 3 weeks later...
As a matter of interest could a SD be served in SE Asia?

Am I correct in thinking that in any case a SD couldn’t/shouldn’t be served on a debt that’s SB?

I don't think the SD is relevant and am not sure they would go to the expense of serving any SD via a local authorised person.

Do you own any UK assets such as a house ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't think the SD is relevant and am not sure they would go to the expense of serving any SD via a local authorised person.

Do you own any UK assets such as a house ?

No, I have no assets in the UK, though I do receive a UK pension which is paid offshore.

I was contacted by these people by letter. I rang them and they were asking about an address I lived at.... 19 years ago. 19 years?? I was going through a divorce and may have accrued a debt. I cannot be sure. What do I do? Maybe I have inherited some money lol. Statue Barred will apply anyway if it is for a debt surely.

you should never ring anyone

spoofers after free xmas party money.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...