Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Letter from "Search Squad"

I've sought advice regarding my situation of the years, and have more than appreciated the guidance given.

I left the UK eleven years ago, I had some debts when I left and did manage to service them for a while, after a while the contstant harrasment and lack of empathy from various creditors just got too much for me and I made the decision, rightly or wrongly, to stop paying, whilst I wasn't proud of my actions the relief was wonderful, and I was able to rebuild my life.

Whilst I gave the creditors my overseas address, to prevent a backdoor CCJ in the UK, the letters stopped arriving, debts started to become SB'd, with the final one being SB'd a tad over two years ago.

Today I received a lettericon from an outfit called "Search Squad'', normal old baloney "We've been appointed to trace a person and we need your help with our search", they go onto say "please call, visit our website or email us and we will clarify why we have contacted you".

I've no intention of doing either, but I wondered if anyone knows if they normally act for any company in particular?

I'm moving home again shortly and it wasn't my intention to write to old creditors, given that all debts became SB'd between two and five years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Letter from "Search Squad"

scan it up to PDFicon read uploadicon.

make sure we can read the little print along the bottom

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

The ICOicon Number reverts to "search squad"

Attached Files Attached Files

very little to go around the net
    it wont / cant hurt you to contact them
    if it is in relation to a debt its statute barredicon anyway.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Have you checked Trustonline to see whether there are any CCJ's registered at previous UK address ?

According to their website, Search Squad also deal with serving statutory demands.

Might be worth ruling out that there are no CCJ's that are still enforceable. If a creditor got a CCJ within the last 6 yearsicon, then they might be trying to enforce it.

an SD will not be recorded at TOL and is not a CCJ.
    credit file time

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

In my recent past, I have had a search letter addressed to the 'homeowner'. I did nothing to assist them at all and I recommend you do so too. One thing the letter is good for is if you tear it into strips wide enough to wipe with

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor
    Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE
    Follows
    Following

Can i just say - This is from their website

What can we help with?

- Matrimonial Surveillance

MATRIMONIAL SURVEILLANCE
    Cheating partner or spouse via mobile and static surveillance with video or photo evidence

Quote Originally Posted by theoldgit View Post
    I've sought advice regarding my situation of the years, and have more than appreciated the guidance given.

I left the UK eleven years ago, I had some debts when I left and did manage to service them for a while, after a while the contstant harrasment and lack of empathy from various creditors just got too much for me and I made the decision, rightly or wrongly, to stop paying, whilst I wasn't proud of my actions the relief was wonderful, and I was able to rebuild my life.

Whilst I gave the creditors my overseas address, to prevent a backdoor CCJ in the UK, the letters stopped arriving, debts started to become SB'd, with the final one being SB'd a tad over two years ago.

Today I received a lettericon from an outfit called "Search Squad'', normal old baloney "We've been appointed to trace a person and we need your help with our search", they go onto say "please call, visit our website or email us and we will clarify why we have contacted you".

I've no intention of doing either, but I wondered if anyone knows if they normally act for any company in particular?

I'm moving home again shortly and it wasn't my intention to write to old creditors, given that all debts became SB'd between two and five years ago.

Thanks in advance.
    Id carry on with life and ignore. You are not in the UK? Anything you know about is statute barredicon? Move on.

Debt chasers still attempt to go after statute barred debt in the faint hope that people will cough up.

Thanks for the views, on balance I think I'll not bother responding.

I did check Trustonline a while after everything became SB'd, nothing was listed at all, all my creditors have corresponded with me here in SE Asia.

As for matrimonial surveillance, sadly I have nothing to worry about there

Thanks again for the responses

Did you ever hear any further from search squad?

I have received a lettericon from them too and can’t find anything about them online?

No, but it’s only been a couple of weeks.

I googled their website.

As a matter of interest could a SD be served in SE Asia?

Am I correct in thinking that in any case a SD couldn’t/shouldn’t be served on a debt that’s SB?

No, but it’s only been a couple of weeks.

I googled their website.
    I have done the same but it is pretty vague. Not sure if it is a “fake” company or something to be worried about

There’s normally at least trustpilot reviews for debt collectionicon agencies that have that level of authority.

However with this company there is nothing

As a matter of interest could a SD be served in SE Asia?

Am I correct in thinking that in any case a SD couldn’t/shouldn’t be served on a debt that’s SB?
    I don't think the SD is relevant and am not sure they would go to the expense of serving any SD via a local authorised person.

Do you own any UK assets such as a house ?

Quote Originally Posted by unclebulgaria67 View Post
    I don't think the SD is relevant and am not sure they would go to the expense of serving any SD via a local authorised person.

Do you own any UK assets such as a house ?
    No, I have no assets in the UK, though I do receive a UK pension which is paid offshore.

I was contacted by these people by letter. I rang them and they were asking about an address I lived at.... 19 years ago. 19 years?? I was going through a divorceicon and may have accrued a debt. I cannot be sure. What do I do? Maybe I have inherited some money lol. Statue Barred will apply anyway if it is for a debt surely.

you should never ring anyone

spoofers after free xmas party money.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

The postcode for returns on the letter is UNIT 2, HD2 1GN. Put this is Google and it brings up similar businesses with different names. Plenty of info on the similar ones.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details