Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Help with Cabot - Santander current account overdraft and credit card

Let it run

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2018

Default Re: Help with Cabot - Santander current account overdraft and credit card

Advice taken. I will post again if they write and have something interesting to say or, when I receive the SARicon report from Santander.

Basic Account Holder

Smile Re: Help with Cabot - Santander current account overdraft and credit card

Some news re: Current account.
    Cabot wrote to me saying at this time Santander don't have the requested documentation and the debt is unenforceable unless the documentation becomes available in the future, (but they would still like paying). I notice this letter appears to have come from a different department and now quotes the OL account number.
    Sit tight and see what happens with the Credit card account now I guess?

yep
    shame the fleecers have lost 50% of their free xmas party booze party money out of you already

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

The advice here is priceless I would have been so stressed without this forum. Just made another donationicon.

Basic Account Holder

Question Data Protection Question

If you apply for credit and supply details of your income does that authorize the sharing of your income information to third parties?

Default Re: Data Protection Question

It depends what it is in their Privacy Notice. They will pass details onto Anti Fraud agencies... But there is a secret market you might not know about...
    All the big CRAs have products available to lenders which stores application data and then that information is available to other companies accordingly.

I had this once with Experian... I applied for a Tesco Loan at the time and my info was given to Experian in one of their products.
    A DCAicon then used this information that had been stored at Experian to start spamming me with RoboCalls.
    The DCA admitted & fessed up to it. Experian complaint yielded no results and referred me to Tesco who then said its in our Privacy Policy that we share information with 3rd parties.

But whats gone on... Whats made you ask this?

explain more jim please

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Just wondering if DCAicon's can get details of your income from backdoor methods.

It's possible...
    Has it happened?

bank account varying balance is a give away but they cant see all that.
    they cant see what you see

so why is this an issue?
    are you worried because you have money that a DCAicon might chase you?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Not yet but I have been reading up on DCAicon's and preparing myself for a battle with the nice folks at Cabot. They are currently leaving me alone so I have been doing some research, knowledge seems to be the key to avoiding the cash cow status

ok
    ive merged this with your existing cabot thread
    better in one place then we don't have to ask q's already here again.

once you have the SARicon return.
    things will be clearer

just because you might have money
    makes no offs to a DCAicon
    they couldn't careless

the automictic threat-o-pc will still spew out its garbage.

please never forget the golden rule...

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF
    and have
    ZERO legal powers.

if you really did owe that money
    why didn't satans bank take yo to court?
    why sell it on for 10p=1? to a debt buyer....

think about it...…….

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks for your responses and apologies for posting in the wrong place. Santander have acknowledged my SARicon request so I'm curious as to what that will show up. I see the point Santander would have tried to enforce the debt themselves if they thought worth pursuing
    I'm starting to relax a little now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2