Credit resolution services/Harlands again

worriedwort
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

i've been reading these forums for awhile after a certain run in with Harlands/Xercise4less as it appears i'm not the only one to fall victim to their harassment. I would really appreciate any advice regarding the matter - I know that it's not something to lose sleep over but i'm a bit fed up at the moment.

Brief background:

July 2018 - I hadn't used the gym in a couple months as I moved to a different area and joined a different one closer to work. I thought I had completed the 11 month obligatory period and decided to cancel the direct debit, but I was mistaken, I still had a month left (although I had not used the gym in a couple months by this point already)

August 2018 - They send me an e-mail saying I owe them 36.99 (11.99 missed gym fee and 25 pounds administrative charges.) I ring xercise4less and harlands (a mistake) and do not manage to resolve the matter. I send them an e-mail that I recognise there is a month's missed fee and am willing to pay that, but will not pay them any more and will not offer anything further if they do not accept.

October 2018 - They have continued to harass me via e-mail and the charges have accumulated to 110.97 and are they are now e-mailing via CRS. They say that if I do not pay, they will have no option but to take legal steps.

So i've drafted a letter which I will send to them via post, but I was wondering if there was anything else I should do/add to the letter before I send it off!

Again, thank you for your time and any advice would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

worriedwort

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 09.20.39.png

Personally I'd ignore them, don't waste your effort in engaging them in pointletter tennis.

Their threats are simply hot air, nothing they can do least of all take legal action.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi WW,

Your letters is far longer than necessary.

Send it using just para's 3, 4 and 6.

Get a free Cert of Posting and then ignore further demands.

Keep a log of all contact in case a complaint of harassment is necessary.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

"Thank you for your recent letter received 30.10.18.

As advised below, charges have been applied correctly under the terms and conditions of your membership for missed payment. Therefore, please call our customer service team to pay your arrears.

Thank you.

For all Enquiries Call Harlands : 01444 449033 () Quote Reference : 5343705 /

Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm

Yours sincerely,

Harlands"

As expected. Will just continue to ignore, i'm sure i'll be hearing from them again soon enough.

Hi WW,

Yes, simply ignore and wait for their next pointless missive !

Keep a note of all forms of contact and demands by any means - in case a case for harassment is needed. A simple log with date, time, contact type and what was said will suffice.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)