Local Authority I&E demand.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Closed my claim for HB, the LA have said there is an overpayment of circa £200, no real issues, but due to the attitude of the debt recovery department and the arrogance of one individual I set up a S/O for £1 a week.

They're now demanding I fill in and return their I&E form, can l just confirm that l have no obligation to complete this?

They're basically saying they will only accept £50 a month minimum.. I just laugh and say they'll be lucky!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone give me a steer as to where l stand on this issue at all?

Had their final demand, rang them and informed them I had been advised by CAB that there was no requirement to complete their I&E form..............well that lit the blue touch paper!!

Was then met with, well we can get a DEA without a court order, to which l simply responded with "they're only effective if I'm working".......

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you had an overpayment, you now have a debt. The debt will not disappear, it can be deducted from other benefits which you receive. If you do not receive any benefits at the moment, if you make a claim in the future, it will be deducted at that stage.

TY, I know all of that, I'm specifically needing advice regarding their demands for I&E forms because l won't bend over and pay £50 a month.

It is after all a non priority debt is it not?

You are under no obligation to fill out the I&E forms if they are not from a court, however, the next steps which your local council takes to recover the debt may be based on that refusal. Whether or not it is a non-priority debt depends on what action your council can take to recover the debt. If you are receiving any benefits it can be considered a priority debt as deductions can be taken from your current benefits.

Im in receipt of no social security payments,

I suppose 4£ a month is a little stingy so i might up it to £25.

Your under no obligation to comply with their request BB...but in this instance better to comply (of a fashion) and get it sorted as they can get nasty...

"Cutting off the nose to spite the face" springs to mind :wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Your under no obligation to comply with their request BB...but in this instance better to comply (of a fashion) and get it sorted as they can get nasty...

"Cutting off the nose to spite the face" springs to mind :wink:

Yes my thoughts exactly Andy, "choose your battles" springs to mind also.

I'll download an i&e form from elsewhere and fire it off to them with my very generous offer of 25£ a month.