Bes energy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I've been contacted to by a company trying to get me to sign up to bes energy. Now initially due to rushing about trying to get the shop ready for opening. I've gone through the process of starting the verbal contract. I'm normally quite a savvy person and can sniff out these [problem]s a mile off. But due to me just wanting them to get off the phone I've missed this one.

The woman got have way through the verbal contract at which point I thought something wasn't quite right and questioned her on the fact that if I terminated I'd be left with a 6 month charge. At this stage I told her that I wish to go no further with the agreement after another attempt to get me to finish up the agreement she hung up.

Now I'm sat here worry if I've got my self into something I can't back out of or because I never formally closed the agreement will it not be upheld.

Does anyone have an insight to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for reading

Half*

Don't worry about this company. We have had lots of complaints about them in the past. As long as you didn't give any of your payment details to them then there is really nothing to worry about. If they start hassling you then come back here and let us know.

In the meantime, learn a lesson – fine large don't deal with people on the phone. Did they cold call you?

Please read our customer services guide and implement the advice there for all your future dealings. You'll regret it if you don't

BES are the least honest commercial energy suppliers ther are so expect to hear back from them. They doctor their recordings to make it look like you have agreed to somehting you havent but just the length of the call as registered by your phone will knock that on the head.

Unfortunately I had provided my payment details. Normally I'm quite savvy to this sort of thing but the phone had been ringing none stop and getting an electricity supplier sorted is one of the last things we needed to sort out. So I thought brilliant. Let's get this done. Is me handing over my payment details likely to cause a problem. Ericsbrother how long do these sort of calls normally last? Thanks for the help

BES have form for hooking you in with a cheap offer - present one is about 12p per unit and afterwards tell you that you are on 5 year contract after they then jack the prie up to over 20p per unit. Sharks & charlatans spring to mind. Check your bank to see if they have set up a Direct Debit.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

I would err on the cautious side and instruct your bank not to allow BES to set up a direct debit. Keep a check on your account as well just in case your bank screws up.

BES are not the easiest to deal with and in 2015 got investigated by OFGEM with this result

http://tinyurl.com/y7oy4k9q

In the past it is true thatsome people within the company doctored recordings to make it sound like you had agreed to be a customer. Whether this is still ongoing or not, we have no idea.

If at any time they ring you, try and record the call and if you need to contact them, use snail mail rather than phone/email. Get a free proof of postage from the post office or choose the signed for delivery. Getting a signature for a delivered letter is a good idea

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

In the past it is true thatsome people within the company doctored recordings to make it sound like you had agreed to be a customer. Whether this is still ongoing or not, we have no idea.

It is still going on. An acquaintance has been having trouble with them within the last week, they pick on sole traders in particular.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is still going on. An acquaintance has been having trouble with them within the last week, they pick on sole traders in particular.

I cannot be certain but I wouldn't put it past them. I must state that BES used separate companies to do the cold calling but they were linked in some small way and this was a few years back. I don't believe the official report mentioned the phone recordings but many threads at the time stated that they disputed the recordings supplied.

They do tend to supply micro businesses more than domestic and that is deliberate as they can tie businesses into longer contracts.

This is the report so if they are not doing what they are supposed to be doing, it is well worth reminding them and possibly reporting them.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/default/files/docs/bes_penalty_notice_of_decision.pdf

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Can I ask you may not know or want to confirm. But did your fried get all the way through the verbal contract?

To be honest I don't know. I would imagine though that he was looking for a cheap rate and that is what they offered, whether or not they told him everything else is open to debate but a year or so later he is complaining bitterly about the price being racked up and unable to leave because seemingly he is on a 5 year contract. Not sure if he can get out of it with a change of ownership.

As for me I have only ever had 2 Electric suppliers in the 15 years we have been open - the present one being E.On who on a commercial basis are a lot better than their residential basis.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How long do these calls last? I cant say but any doctored recording will be of a different length to the time you were on the phone so even if their recording is 2 seconds longer or shorter than your call shows on your phone bill then it is suspect.

What has the bank said about the DD mandate. Ultimately it doent change the contract you may or may not haven entered into, it will just stop you losing money on a monthly basis. Also, who supplied your energy at the moment? Ask them if BES have asked to take over your account and if they ahve tell them to object as you havent authorised this.

lastly, if you get any calls from anyone you dotnrecognise never say the words yes or no. ask who is calling if they ask "is that ....." and then put the phone down without saying anything else if they either fail to identify themselves or it is from anyone you dont already have a good relationship with. If the caller says they are from NPower or whoeevr still put the phone down and call them, never believe it is who they say it si as BES have a history of claiming to be someone else.