Advice people have given you did it work for you.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advice people have given you did it work for you.From wherever,jobcentres,businessmen,husbands,wives,friends.

Example

Many years ago i worked on Blackpool Promenade

A interesting place to work,could be 5am or ten pm all times of the day.

Observing the goings on and meeting many interesting people.Such as the Snakeman,entertainers all sorts of people from many places.

One of them was a multi millionaire.

We became pretty friendly and i began working for him renovating and modernising a huge shop.

I observed how he worked,he had the Midas touch everything he touched seemed to turn to gold.

Well as you can imagine i thought to myself i want a piece of that,only natural.

I was trusted after a while and the relationship became a little like Del and Rodney,Fools and Horses you can guess who was Rodney.

I was standing next to him one day observing his empire on the prom and i said.

Del how come everything you do turns to gold.

well Rodney it is like this he replied.

I have maybe ten ideas which i invest a thousand or two into.

8 might fail but the if the other two work it is happy jubbly.

And some of his ideas swept the country.

Right i said to myself,Rodney it is your turn now.The Mercedes will soon be here.

So spent 20 quid on some necklaces,plastic miniature dolphins and some long grain rice.

And the Finest architects pen i could find.and a huge magnifying glass.

Stall was set up.Ladies and Gentlemen gather round which they did.

I mean you can hardly fail on the prom.

Your name on a Piece of rice put in this miniature Dolphin,filled with water which magnifies it,hung on a chain and around your neck it goes.

So what happens, flaming Methelusah comes along says i will have three,have you ever tried writing Methelusah on a grain of rice.Once is a challenge but three times:madgrin:

I thought everyone would be a Sue or a Dave,well you would wouldnt you.

So it just did not pay and i am at the moment on my 990th idea waiting for the beam of light to land on me and say Rodney you have succeeded.

So it did not work for me the advice but sure had some fun along the way.

Your turn now,advice given was it acted upon,used and worked for you.

You know,from grandma,grandpa,the wise ones.Mum- Dad anyone.

Best advice I had

Never buy a gold necklace in Blackpool it will send your neck black

Only gold in Blackpool is under the pier where people drop their rings

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Best advice I had

Never buy a gold necklace in Blackpool it will send your neck black

Only gold in Blackpool is under the pier where people drop their rings

:lol:

Labrat

Piers brought back another memory.

The advice will follow at the end of this tale.

Now some in the Bear Garden know i collect Driftwood.

But walking for miles sometimes without a trace of wood can get a little frustrating and give you time to think.

So along comes another idea.i think it was idea number 499.

I thought how many people had visited Blackpool over the years and perhaps taken a dip in the sea.

Alo i remembered diving of the sea wall near North Pier coming up und thse huge wooden steps and listening to the peopl saying where the hell has he gone.i would be chuckling away in the water underneath but would soon reappear just n case.

I was only young we all have done things we may regret.

Well one of those days i went off and my gold ring came off.

The water was pretty clear and i followed it down to the depths but it was spinning around and could not get hold of it.

Well this memory came back and the thought of the thousands who may have had a similar experience losing rings etc over the years.

So of course what did i decide to do,buy a metal detector and collect all the rings,bracelets that had been lost.

And of course a good thing to do during the periods of no driftwood.

The metal detector was bought and off i went with it strapped to my back.

i can collect wood and metal detect when having a rest.

And a huge secure bag to put the treasure in,i mean there will be so much.

So walking for many miles through the 3 piers of Blackpool.

Now underneath piers i venture at times,but they are not my favourite places.In fact they give me the creeps.

Old Victorian girders and you ave o be careful of liquids that seem to flow from above.

And the current of the sea rolling round these girders leaves big variations in the sand.Like hills and valleys.

Also as you look out to sea,it alWays feels cold even on a hot day.All those girders.

Well say i went under the piers the detector switched on,my waterpoofs on aware of those liquids that might land on your head.

found a few coins but not very much but did not give up.

Decided to walk to St Annes visit their pier.now St Annes pier has a piece maybe quarter of a mile out to sea.

Not sure why,maybe broke off in a storm.

There will be treasure there for sure so off i trotted and soon arrived.

Turned the detector on and withing a minute or so a huge reading.

Well i was excited as could be,i mean this is it,thoughts of the gold that soon would be found.

i dug and i dug as fast as i cold,like a Mole o steroids and nearly disappeared in the hole.

Thoughts of finally your mission is fulfilled jst as Del and Rodney's moment a millionaire you will be.

See if i can link it.But if not it is on you tube.

Del's finally a millionaire! - Only Fools and Horses: Christmas Special 1996

https://www.youtube.com/user/BBCComedyGreats/featured

There it is your quest is fulfilled.

What was it,a 50p piece,can you believe this news.

The advice here is always keep your receipt and boxes when buying a item.

Then you can return them to the shop and claim your money back when it beaks down or does not fulfil your dreamS.

Which i did.

f20d2r.jpg

Apologies for the spelling mistakes and missed letters on the last post.

I tend to lose my glasses at times.Twice this week.

Found them now and normal service will resume.

Where were they,in the washing machine of course where else.

But they sure are clean now,i can see again.

Bye again.Back to the room with my plant empire in,work to do.

Tawnyowl.

Apologies for the spelling mistakes and missed letters on the last post.

I tend to lose my glasses at times.Twice this week.

Found them now and normal service will resume.

Where were they,in the washing machine of course where else.

But they sure are clean now,i can see again.

Bye again.Back to the room with my plant empire in,work to do.

Tawnyowl.

The tale was told but i forgot to put the advice on.

Advice.

When you are not using your glasses always put them back in their case or on a chain.:sad:

Another tale that leads to advice at the end.Just a lighthearted look a things.I have hundreds of similar tales.

I have just been rolling back the mists of time.

Remembering going broke,bust,bankrupt and repossessed.3 times homeless,and at times very near to a fourth.I am very successful.

I was a little cheesed off with that walking down the road at midnight with my dog on its lead and cockatiel in its cage on a calm November evening.I had accepted my fate,the bailiffs were coming the next day.Being in construction i was going to film the eviction from 3 different locations.A Plan was made.

When they opened the door i was going to build one hell of a brick wall to greet them,but thought what the hell.

But i am sure they would have been surprised to open the door to face the wall from hell.

Anyway it is not about that it is idea number 450 or so.

I knew this chap called Del,i may have mentioned him before.Anyway i heard him on the phone talking to a chap in Hollywood USA.

Ordering a plane load of goods for his warehouse.

A few weeks later they arrived i was there when they did.

A craze across the nation followed.

After a while Rodney,thats me said,"Del will you sell me some".I cannot recall the price but not that much.

I had many thousands of them,what were they you might be wondering.And all the advertising,posters etc.

They were Pogs and Slammers.A link that explains for those that have never heard of them.

Pictures of pogs and slammers and video links that explain.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB808GB808&ei=RavSW_qLEqzGgAb62KDYBA&q=pictures+of+pogs+and+slammers&oq=slammers+pictures&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i5i30k1j0i8i30k1.7583.7583.0.11374.1.1.0.0.0.0.106.106.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.105....0.0Kp-j2fNAq8

So off to the market i went as fast as could be,posters advertising and waited.Thousands of metal Slammers,Pogs of every kind,loose,packaged all of a kind.Glittering in the early morning sun.

Kids stopped,tugged on their parents coats and bought a few.And i gave some to every kid that passed knowing what that can do.

But you guessed it the craze had finished.just like the man who got into the goldmine when the gold had run out.

I had done it again.

A cockney though was so excited about them,saying nothing like that down South and bought 20 quids worth of metal Slammers

to fix to the top of a coffee table.

Well a few weeks later i went into the bathroom still fuming with myself,locked the door with some adhesive and fixed them 3 foot high or more 1 meter all round the bath.They are small remember,took some doing i will tell you that.Hundreds and hundreds of them.

Aliens of every kind shining and glistening all round the bath.What a job.

Then i called the kids,look at this.Their eyes opened wide and was the first time i had ever seen kids so keen to jump in.

Then i called the wife who took one look nearly passed out went downstairs brought the rolling pin up and chased me down the street mumbling a few words that all neighbours could hear.I was in the doghouse for sure.But we are still together.

Thousands of Slammers were then put in the loft along with pogs,boxed,single to be forgotten about.

What brought this memory back is someone sending me some photos recently i had left in the loft 9 years ago that made me wonder.

I believe the game is making a comeback on mobiles but beyond my understanding for sure.

And perhaps the Slammers and pogs are worth something now

A tale or the truth you decide.

Advice,well from the top.

1-Perhaps better not remortgage whether for business or fun.It can all go pear shaped.

2-You may have to head South young man at certain times in your life,give it a go.

3-Keep toys etc for all time,many years later they could be worth something and bring back memories of yesteryear.

Another tale told and a little advice,have you any.

Bye for now

Tawnyowl

Here you go another tale.I wrote it a while ago.Idea number 965 i think but am losing count.

A suitable read for a Sunday perhaps.

I may add a little spin at times,but truthful enough.

Advice is perhaps do a carboot but do not try to make a weekly living out of it.

If no one offers any advice my next two will be about teletubbies another cracking idea that you will have to see what happened. and a little business advice from someone who has learnt a few harsh lessons.

But that will be next week,tune in for a few laughs.

Back to the Car Boot story.

Car Boots-Dealers-Stories-People i meet and more-you can join in.Your story.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?464368-Car-Boots-Dealers-Stories-People-i-meet-and-more-you-can-join-in.Your-story.