Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2010

Default income support

I work casual hours, and my partner claims income support to top up the wages, some weeks I don't work.

Over the last 12 weeks I've worked out that my average wage is 40.15, I did this by adding all my wages together and dividing by 12, hopefully this is right. I have sent my wage slips in.

We are told that only entitled to 42.20 a week, we went on turntous and this told us we should get 53.45 per week, but have been told this is wrong as they only disregard the first 10 for couples, but we were told 20 last time as my partner is a carer, any ideas please i'm lost and looked it up and told loads of different things, and they just saying its 42.20, and to top it off they suspended it as they didn't request the wage slips an forgot to ask for them (even though we send them every 6 weeks)

Default Re: income support

appeal the suspension and let them know that you are happy to take this as far as it is possiblt to, including a judicial review if necessary. You shouldnt be punished for their mistakes and they should not only correct it but apologise. Let your MP know and ask them to speak to the minister responsible.
    Cant answer the bit about whether it is 10 or 20 disregard but it will be available somewhere

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details