• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Power Of Nature.Wild Weather.Climate Change.

Some of the weather headlines from across the world.

Any comments,views articles put them here.Is the Climate getting out of control

The latest news and comment on natural disasters and extreme weather

https://www.theguardian.com/world/natural-disasters

Extreme weather

https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/extreme-weather

Gulf Stream current at 'record low' with potentially devastating consequences for weather, warn scientists

Disruption of ocean circulation is thought to be driven by global warming, and could lead to sea level rise and extreme events like storms

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/gulf-stream-current-climate-change-ocean-temperature-ice-age-global-weather-a8300896.html

France

13 people killed as flash flooding hits Aude, southwest France

Several months' worth of rain fell within a few hours
overnight in Aude, leaving people stranded on rooftops.

https://news.sky.com/story/five-people-killed-as-flash-flooding-hits-aude-southwest-france-11526297

France
-Bad weather in the Aude:
Mini-Tornado
in Narbonne-plage.

Where is Narbonne-Plage

https://www.france-voyage.com/tourism/narbonne-plage-2113.htm

Video a little further down in the article.

Two wounded and much material damage. On the sidelines of the floods, the Mediterranean coast was hit by a strong wind and a big swell on Monday.

In Narbonne-plage, it's a real mini-tornado that ravaged the seaside resort.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Ffrance3-regions.francetvinfo.fr%2Foccitanie%2Faude%2Fintemperies-aude-mini-tornade-narbonne-plage-1559016.html&edit-text=

Well is the Climate changing.What do you think and what can be done about it.

Someone out there knows or wants to say something,write something.

Well write it down now here,release the pressure.

Now when i was a kid winters were winters:sad: and summer,mm better go,enough said.

Your turn.

Bye Tawnyowl

I remember a scientist saying that we should be worried if climate didn't change.

He also said humans contribute to climate change as much as a match lit in a sealed room 3mx3mx3m.

He's banned from all media.

This climate change is just a political sc@m to suck money from me.

I pay a lot of money in taxes because I pollute, but would throwing money at nature stop the inevitable life cycle of the planet?

One little note: a few years ago some halfbrain were shouting about global warming, then accordingly to their own studies they realised the planet is cooling, so they started shouting "climate change"

Climate has always changed, fact!

Hi king12345 interesting post.And thoughts shared by many i would think

So lets try to get to the truth of it all.

This thread could run for some time.

Global cooling - Is global warming still happening?

Empirical measurements of the Earth's heat content show the planet is still accumulating heat and global warming is still happening. Surface temperatures can show short-term cooling when heat is exchanged between the atmosphere and the ocean, which has a much greater heat capacity than the air.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/global-cooling-intermediate.htm

What’s in a name? Weather, global warming and climate change

“Climate change” and “global warming” are often used interchangeably but have distinct meanings. Similarly, the terms "weather" and "climate" are sometimes confused, though they refer to events with broadly different spatial- and timescales.

https://climate.nasa.gov/resources/global-warming/

Five geoengineering solutions proposed to fight climate change,meeting today worth keeping one eye on.

Futuristic for sure.

https://www.dezeen.com/2018/10/18/five-geoengineering-solutions-climate-change-un-ipcc-technology/

Always interesting what President Trump says at times like this.

Fact check: Donald Trump's claims versus climate science

Trump’s assertions are at odds with scientific consensus that humans are causing higher temperatures that pose immediate and growing threats

Trump: ‘Something’s changing and it’ll change back again’

Trump: ‘I don’t know that it’s manmade’

Trump: ‘I don’t wanna give trillions and trillions of dollars. I don’t wanna lose millions and millions of jobs. I don’t wanna be put at a disadvantage’

On melting ice caps causing sea-level rise, Trump said: ‘And you don’t know whether or not that would have happened with or without man’

Trump: ‘They say that we had hurricanes that were far worse than what we just had with Michael’

Trump: ‘They say the worst hurricanes were 50 years ago, if you can believe it. In fact, the one that they say was worse – so two or three worse – one was in 1890s, and one was exactly 50 years ago. The winds were 200 miles an hour. So who knows?’

Much more on the link and answers to those thoughts.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/15/fact-check-donald-trumps-claims-versus-climate-science

Climate change impacts worse than expected, global report warns

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says the world is headed for painful problems sooner than expected, as emissions keep rising.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2018/10/ipcc-report-climate-change-impacts-forests-emissions/?user.testname=none

Global Warming of 1.5 °C

an IPCC special report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty

https://www.ipcc.ch/report/sr15/

So onwards who else has any weather,climate,global warming thoughts.

Lets get to the bottom of it,Or try to.

Tawnyowl over and out.

1.5C above pre industrial levels.

These readings were taken in Antarctica using mercury thermometers which are not as accurate as modern ones.

There were a few of them scattered about, checked daily by lonely scientists living months in sub-freezing temperatures all on their own.

On many occasions 2 thermometers a couple of miles apart gave readings with over 10C difference (???)

Also, it is questioned whether the readings were really taken every time they were logged.

To be honest, if I was left on my own in the middle of the ice in 1900 and told to take readings by walking miles everyday, I would be tempted to take an experienced guess and put down some figures, after all, nobody would have thought those readings would have influenced how much road tax we pay today.

Read up about it.

I agree with Kingy, as a geologist I used to look at climate change is the rock strata and all of the things you mention about flood in France as actually quite normal events.

Goegraphers know that flooding occurs every year in Bangladesh, it got worse over the last centrury because of off the trees in the foothils of the himalays were cut down but the reason why the soil is fertile is the annual flooding. Now we are told the flooding is caused by climate change.

If you look in the Old Re sanstone in Scotland you can see evidence of lightning strikes from storms that were many magnitudes bigger than the biggest thunderstorms we get now. If you pump carbon dioxide into the atmosphere the plants grow quicker and we havent reached the thrweshold where that stops happening. Yes, ther is evidence of climate change, as said there always is but nothing that we didnt get in the 10th to 11th century. there are cycles that overlap so expect it to be hot in 2086 and bloody freezing in 2380.

The IPCC is made up of politicians, not scientists and the idea that there is a consensus amongst scientists is a laughable statement, that is not what science is about. Oh yes, soe of the leading lights in the IPCC are scientists, for example Pachuri is a railway engineer but you wont find many big name scientists agreeing to a wording of the outpput for these conferences, not in their nature to use such words. Also in the last 25 years $200million has been spent on climate change research whre the outcome of that work was predicted beforehand to show man made climate change. the amount spent on research showing the opposite? $100000

The person who firt promulgated man made climate change used a mathematicla model that has never ever been proven to work and the person who fist arranged the first IPCC conference made a billion out of his consultancy and now lives in China, that paragon of good environmental practice.

Empirical measurements- that is another fraud as all of the pre 1998 data has been changed without thsi being properly explained to the public. Wwe used to measure surface temperature by using weather stations scattered around the world, mostly put there by Victorian explorers and maintaned ever since. Now the measurement is mid atmospheric temperatures taken by satellite ans as said all of the earlirt data was then altered to fit in with the new system. No measuremtn was ever taken pre 1975 so how can you the decide to extarpolate centuries worht of good data by this method? Well, they got the resuts they wanted that way when the actaul measuring devices showed no real omg term change.

Low energy bulbs? use them and save a polar bear- no, the ban on tungsten filament bulbs came about because in 1978 NATO realised we were running out of strategic metals like tungsten, titanium and chromium and the Russians had zillions of tons of the stuff so the west needed to cut down on its consumption so we had enough to use for war mongering in style and comfort. Climate change became the ideal excuse to force people to buy expansive and alternatives so the resources could be preserved.

(Don't) Wait until we see what occurs over the next 5 years as we pass through the Solar maximum.

and dont mistake screwed up polar storms creating hard winters in some places (while the polar regions rapidly warm) as 'proof' the world isn't warming ...

Shame the very very small minority (but very vocal) of educated and normally paid people and equally small but very vocal number of ill educated people who are denying human driven climate change won't be the only ones to suffer.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

It's all a natural process.

We contribute to the air quality at ground level, but the mass of the planet including atmosphere is so great that the global environment is not affected as much as the much more vocal people claim without evidence.

The planet warms up and cools down on a cycle which also triggers other phenomena like earthquakes and extreme weather.

It's been going on for billions of years and the "experts" are only looking at the last few years using unreliable data.

All is done so we can pay more taxes.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact.

I'm all for cleaner air in urban areas, but I still don't understand where my environmental taxes go.

And don't get me started on the Toyota prius argument, considering that overall, from production to scrap they pollute 4 times as much as any similar internal combustion vehicle, fact.

It's all a natural process.

Only because we are considered part of nature, despite despoiling it.

before you start spouting about it was hotter in the past.

Yes it was - BUT generally, apart from a couple of smallish (in the grande scheme of thins) glitches that effectively ended the ice age and rose the sea levels by 300-400 feet and the corresponding changes wiping out all species of hominids except us,

the last time it was this hot there were dinosaurs, insects and ferns NOT humans and trees - good luck surviving that.

Climate change deniers should stop spouting this absolute garbage which is disputed by 99% of all real scientists - the rest are mainly paid by the petroleum interest lobbies.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

here you go Natgeokids will enlighten you

https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/discover/geography/general-geography/what-is-climate-change/

What causes climate change?

1. Burning fossil fuels

2. Farming

3. Deforestation

When you understand that you can move on to the growed up sites like NASA that give growed up evidence.

The Tory Legacy

Grown.

Of course I believe everything printed in a magazine under the control of Mr Rupert Murdoch.

Why wouldn't you?

What a feeble response when you certainly seem more than happy to quote and promote the poor end of Murdock's Fox news' Human driven Climate change denial BS !!!

re nat Geo:

Here's proof that National Geographic won't bend to Rupert Murdoch's climate change denial

https://theweek.com/speedreads/578805/heres-proof-that-national-geographic-wont-bend-rupert-murdochs-climate-change-denial

... and despite NASA being one of the most conservative organisations on the planet ...

But I expect you will continue to ignore conclusive evidence.

Reminds me of those Born again Christians who swear that God created the universe in 4004 BCE and everything that contradicts it is just because God simply made it that way in 4004BCE

References

The Tory Legacy

Why are you copying and pasting from this:

See Cy Husain post, strangely identical to yours...

Unless you are Cy Husain.

Quite poor, Sir.

I'm quoting from the the 2 links I supplied. Just actually look and you will see.

The 'references' are the same as from the NASA link. Didn't you get to the bottom of the page?

It looks like 'Cy Husain (who I am not) is quoting from some similar articles in Nature and perhaps the same NASA article rather than Natgeokids and NASA as I did

... you can see that if you give them more than a glance .. but yes they are similar.

... That Cy Husain looks an informed guy

and seems he also thinks NASA is a source with some standing.

So thats NASA, Nationalgeographic and Nature reporting the same things so far even from your links,

Read the info in those links and many many many others (even some owned by Murdock) with an open mind king - the evidence of science explaining what is happening is overwhelmingly compelling.

The Tory Legacy

I spent years researching this subject with the view that we were causing climate change and read many studies and scientific papers as well as books and internet claims.

I was also in touch with real experts in the subject.

My conclusion is as above.

I'm not going to change my mind now because politically controlled entities make something up.

I just pay thousands in taxes to line someone's pocket and accept that I can't do anything about it.

I spent years researching this subject with the view that we were causing climate change and read many studies and scientific papers as well as books and internet claims.

My conclusion is as above.

I'm not going to change my mind now because politically controlled entities make something up.

I just pay thousands in taxes to line someone's pocket and accept that I can't do anything about it.

So while we await any quality peer reviewed evidence of kings' 'real experts on the subject' and links to his 'many scientific papers' to support those empty words there,

the choice is between:

1. A king12345 unsupported opinion

or

2. The scientifically supported reports and summarised opinions of evidence from and by:

* 97% of climate scientists and even higher % in the scientific community at large (as linked in refs)

* NASA (as linked)

* The United Nations (https://unfccc.int/resource/annualreport/ http://www.un.org/en/sections/issues-depth/climate-change/)

* Nature Magazine (as linked by king in failing to poo poo real evidence)

* National Geographic (as linked despite the Murdock links)

* theccc (https://www.theccc.org.uk/tackling-climate-change/the-legal-landscape/global-action-on-climate-change/)

* Gov.uk (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/climate-change-explained)

* The metoffice.gov.uk (https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/news)

* and the list of quality evidence by world class organisations goes on and on and on

.... I know which choice on who to believe seems rational to me.

Take a test:

https://unfccc.int/news/un-launches-climattitude-campaign-find-out-about-your-attitude-to-climate-change

The Tory Legacy

Only recently papers started to be published online.

Finding them would probably take a few days work which I can't waste unfortunately.

As I said, I don't want to convince anyone because even if I did, it wouldn't make any difference.

Mass media will continue blaming humans for climate change and we will pay more and more taxes so the politicians can pay nature to stop working.

Only recently papers started to be published online.

Finding them would probably take a few days work which I can't waste unfortunately.

Significant clash of timescales you report there king. You seem confused.

If your latter/latest claim was in anyway 'real', linking the 'recently published' papers and evidence from the last few days should be simple, even if they aren't legitimate bodies - unlike those I link.

and, You don't have time to find papers you have as you state only just looked at - Yet surprisingly, you have time to continue to post what can only be described as rhetoric in the face of detailed overwhelming scientific evidence at best.

- Consider that there are dozens and dozens of names of genuine 'real expert' people and world class organisations in the posts and links I have supplied in only a relatively few minutes of effort.

Your arguments simply dont stand up to even a cursory examination.

... but like i said

You clutch to your beliefs (statements?) in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence that would give even an American born again evangelical christian pause for thought.

Perhaps you simply missed your calling.

The Tory Legacy

Mine is a balanced view. There have been cataclysmic weather episodes before humans would have contributed to them, earthquakes and volcanoes also play a part. During the Roman period the UK was warmer. Saying that, the human race needs to make sure we are not now speeding up or adding to the problem.

Saying that, the human race needs to make sure we are not now speeding up or adding to the problem.

What part of the overwhelming evidence, just a very small part of it linked here, gives you anything less than utter certainty that humans are at the very least 'adding to the problem' AND 'speeding it up' let alone being the major cause of the extraordinary weather events we are increasingly seeing?

Note that the latest reports are now saying we are in a situation that hasn't been seen in 800,000 years or more (it was 10 -20,000 years just a few years ago). 800,000 is at least twice as long as homo sapiens has existed as a species

... and some aspects of it may NEVER been seen before while there has been life on Earth.

If some other genuine, quality evidence from a reputable source gives you the slightest doubt in the face of pretty much ALL major and minor legitimate bodies of scientific knowledge and opinion, please link it with your understanding of it for discussion.

The three-minute story of 800,000 years of climate change with a sting in the tail

https://phys.org/news/2017-06-three-minute-story-years-climate-tail.html

https://environmentcounts.org/ec-perspective-accounting-for-800000-years-of-climate-change/

The Tory Legacy

There's one thing which remains constant and that's change.

Climate change is one of our worries amongst others http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150323-how-long-will-life-on-earth-last

What I state in this post is not as widely accepted as my previous posts in this thread, but generally are accepted as valid interpretations of the evidence and models - unlike pretty much all climate deniers claims.

First some less immediate info

If you look at the data, you will see a glaring correlation between some aspects of climate change, the co2 levels in the atmosphere and the 800,000 - 1,000,000 years that hominids have been using fire, with the effects increasing over that period as we

1. Used fire more and more (cooking, clearing forests to create grasslands etc)

2. Found more efficient ways (coal, oil (whale and subterranean) to burn

More immediately:

According to all current 'real' understanding - We should be in an ice age now.

Both predictions long held based on data and new advances very strongly indicate that we should already be in a deepening ice age.

Great, some might say, burning oil and coal has saved us....

Well in some ways that might be considered a valid view, BUT consider that if we should be in an ice age, deepening all the way from the medieval 'little ice age' and yet the world has been warming and significantly, just think what will happen if the Earth drops out of its 'natural' current cooling cycle and starts a 'natural' (natural = without Human effects) heating cycle?

Just how hot do you think the earth will get?

Runaway global warming aka 'The venus effect' (Earth becomes like Venus) is a realistic result.

https://www.edf.org/blog/2016/02/11/human-emissions-just-cancelled-next-ice-age-heres-why-we-should-care

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-mini-ice-age-is-coming-in-the-next-15-years

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-earliest-example-of-hominid-fire-171693652/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

The Tory Legacy

why is the earth as warm as it is in the first place? It is not because of the atmosphere, it is becasue of radioactive decay.

So when was it last hotter tna at present? answer the early 1930's bu that has been aibrushed out of history and certainly out of the school curriculum by peopel who apply "corrections" to the data. If you look at the datas showing that the planet is getting warmer, when does that start? andser at the end o a prolanged cols period. Who aroind here remembers the ice fairs held on the Thames? as there were no thermometers around at the time how cold was it then? What about the warm spell that was notable in the 3rd century AD Bloody romans with their lithage process to extract gold an silver no doubt the cause of that but funnly it all went cold again for 500 years and then heated up for another 200 years and then back to a mini ice age for a few centuires. All of this with a population that want changing much so had no influence on things.

what about measuring the CO2 in the atmosphere in different times. This has been doen by ice sampling and guess what? no link between CO2 and temp over time. Anyone remember the Mt St heles volcanic eruption? that caused the atmospheric temp to drop by nealry a degree for the year afterwards. the computer models that even NASA use brush these things aside ad the reason is because they are just that, computer models and if you put in a system that only has one end result the oitput will match the model. It is a feedback loop that is based on flawed modelling.

My ex boss was often seen on telly talking about how it would be wrrm enough to grow grapes in York this century. he was happy to admit that he gets paid to say things like this even though he doesnt believe this is actually linked to human activity and this is a massive problem in my eyes, a natural occurrence is being sold as something else and the messianic outbursts of some are as ridiculous as the claims by religious fundamentalists. Govts love cimate change as it is an excuse to raise taxes ( this reported decades ago) and politicians have an attitude that " something must be done" regardless of the impossibility of the threat such as spending absolute fortunes on watching near earth orbit asteroids whe if one was to be on a path for collision what could they do about it other than pass a law banning people from panicking or possibly declaring earth an "asteroid free zone" and fining anyone who allows one to annihilate earth.

My other big problem with this is that it detracts from things we are doing that are killing our planet and the worst of those is pollution of the oceans. Now our news is good at beating us up for plastic waste but 90% of the stuff in the oceans comes from 3 rivers in Asia and the west isnt interested in punishing the offenders for reasons that are political and commercial. Most of our oxygen comes from plankton, most of the worlds fish are being killed off and we dont take measures to actually survive the loss of what keeps us alive. Another thing that isnt being addressed is the population sustainability problem. Gte rid of the excess 2 billion people and then even if man is reponsible for global warming then that will put it in reverse. Now all of the environmental activists who spend huge sums of money flying around the world telling us to switch our lights off should do the decent thing and top themselves to give a good example to others. As for the rest of the reduction? Nuclear winter anyone?