The Power Of Nature.Wild Weather.Climate Change.

Time to add more solar panels to the house to run an ac unit me thinks

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Time to add more solar panels to the house to run an ac unit me thinks

If your house is less than 50 feet above sea level, a tidal and wind system might be a better investment.

But no - I'm not at this stage suggesting there will be a 50 feet rise in sea level any time soon --- yet.

If its less than 5 feet above sea level - I would move - if I could sell it.

If the gulf stream continues slowing or even changes completely - it will get quite a bit colder here again despite overall average temps up beyond 1.5 degrees, and 50 degree temps becoming common events around the world. Australia among others is VERY nearly there already.

We will be seeing effects that are touted as 'hoping to avoid' 'end of the century' effects within the next 9 years.

(I said 10 years last year)

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

I looked at the flood map calculator if there's a 140meter sea level rise I gain a seafront property and it goes up in valve alot

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I looked at the flood map calculator if there's a 140meter sea level rise I gain a seafront property and it goes up in valve alot

As long as you have a small army (and can feed them) to defend it ...

.. and what would then stop them from taking it from you?

Look at the area East of Peterborough with just a 5 foot rise (and a consistent 5 foot rise in sea swell, not sea level)

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

• 10 months later...

I agree with king12345 completely, king there is no point having a discussion with Tobyjugg as he knows everything, he is a genius and a mind reader he knows everything about everything, in fact he is so clever he could most probably give you the winning numbers for the lotto, next week.

An article was published on the 40th anniversary of the first World Climate Conference held in Geneva in 1979, by 11,000 scientists which warned about an impending global warming climate emergency.

It presented a series of graphs of “Change in global human activities” and climate response time series” from 1979 to the present”. date from just after National Geographic and others declared the world would freeze to death with a global ice-age; based on the same type of date from previous decades.

Scientists constantly change their minds; their will always be regular patterns and cycles, including periods of cold and heat.

Questioning the motives behind the academically funded global warming alarmists is not a conspiracy theory; it is simply asking why we, as taxpayers, should help fund their vain ambition to play God?

Record breaking temperatures ..

Yet we are currently at the solar minimum of a long stretch of solar minimums - fact

We should be experiencing abnormally cold weather - yet records on temperatures are being broken - and we are at the cold part of an extended cold cycle

We should be skating on canals and rivers but instead tehre are record breaking temperatures across the world.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2019/06/19/sun-entering-deep-solar-minimum-may-be-the-weakest-cycle-in-200-years/

Sun entering ‘deep solar minimum’ – ‘May be the weakest cycle in 200 years’

Read the Full Article link.gif

Daily observations of the number of sunspots since 1 January 1977 according to Solar Influences Data Analysis Center (SIDC). The thin blue line indicates the daily sunspot number, while the dark blue line indicates the running annual average. The recent low sunspot activity is clearly reflected in the recent low values for the total solar irradiance . Compare also with the geomagnetic Ap-index . Data source: WDC-SILSO, Royal Observatory of Belgium, Brussels . Last day shown: 31 May 2019. Last diagram update: 1 June 2019 . [Courtesy climate4you.com ]

NASA – Next Solar Cycle will be Weakest in 200 Years

September 5, 2019 by Robert at Ice Age Now

NASA dropped this bombshell announcement in a little-heralded news release coyly entitled “Solar Activity Forecast for Next Decade Favorable for Exploration.” In other words, NASA tried to make it sound like good news.

In the release, dated 12 June 2019, NASA described the upcoming decline in solar activity as a window of opportunity for space exploration instead of acknowledging the disastrous consequences such a decline could wreak on civilization.

Here are some direct quotes from the news release:

The Sun’s activity rises and falls in an 11-year cycle. The forecast for the next solar cycle says it will be the weakest of the last 200 years. (Emphasis added) The maximum of this next cycle – measured in terms of sunspot number, a standard measure of solar activity level – could be 30 to 50% lower than the most recent one. The results show that the next cycle will start in 2020 and reach its maximum in 2025.

Sunspots are regions on the Sun with magnetic fields thousands of times stronger than the Earth’s. Fewer of them at the point of maximum solar activity means fewer dangerous blasts of radiation.

The new research was led by Irina Kitiashvili, a researcher with the Bay Area Environmental Research Institute at NASA’s Ames Research Center, in California’s Silicon Valley. It combined observations from two NASA space missions – the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory and the Solar Dynamics Observatory – with data collected since 1976 from the ground-based National Solar Observatory.

In admitting that solar activity during sunspot-cycle 25 could be the weakest in 200 years, NASA was effectively forecasting a return to Dalton Minimum (1790-1830) conditions. But the release gives no mention of the ferocious cold, no mention of the disastrous crop losses, no mention of the ensuing starvation and famine, no mention of the wars over food, no mention of the powerful earthquakes, no mention of the catastrophic volcanic eruptions during the Dalton Minimum.

NASA Paper is HERE

Some people consider the low solar activity a trigger for other catastrophic events such as the 1811-1812 New Madrid Fault Earth Quakes and 1815 eruption of Mount Tamboura.  As you can see from this chart global cooling produced some strong eruption.

Volcanic activity

https://nextgrandminimum.com/2019/09/08/nasa-next-solar-cycle-will-be-weakest-in-200-years/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

for those who dispute the NASA et al findings on the sunspot cycle and its effects

Perhaps read this before looking at the latest ones:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/news/solarcycle-primer.html

Should be straightforward as the reports of the effects expected from the sort of sunspot cycles that are occurring is precisely what those climate science deniers like Farage have used to claim the Earth is entering a period of cooling ...

... and it should be

... but isnt - and we are seeing record breaking temperatures ... which is the point

Just imagine what will happen if the Sun suddenly flips back into a more 'normal' let alone one of its more high energy periods ...

The Tory Legacy

Using NASA's conservative analysis to show where we approxamately would be without human driven climate change in 2010

It has accelerated since then:

Consider that in 2010 NASA estimated an average 0.7 degrees C increase in global temperature, yet just 10 year later - the NASA conservative estimate is 0.9 degrees 😄

The second reason that scientists think the current warming is not from natural influences is that, over the past century, scientists from all over the world have been collecting data on natural factors that influence climate—things like changes in the Sun’s brightness, major volcanic eruptions, and cycles such as El Niño and the Pacific Decadal Oscillation. These observations have failed to show any long-term changes that could fully account for the recent, rapid warming of Earth’s temperature.

graph of climate model reconstructions with and without human impacts

Finally, scientists know that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas and that it is released into the air when coal and other fossil fuels burn. Paleoclimate data show that atmospheric carbon dioxide levels are higher than they have been in the past 800,000 years.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/blogs/climateqa/if-earth-has-warmed-and-cooled-throughout-history-what-makes-scientists-think-that-humans-are-causing-global-warming-now/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7844479/Feeling-heat-2019-Australias-hottest-driest-year-record-according-BoM.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

Australia experienced its hottest and driest year ever in 2019, according to official data by the Bureau of Meterology (BoM).

The annual average temperature was 23.32C - which was 1.52C above the long-term average between 1961-1990.

The country is also in the midst of one of its worst droughts, with new figures showing the average rainfall for last year was at its lowest ever - at just 277.63 millimetres. 

Australia has seen its hottest year in 2019 with the average temperature reaching just above 23C

Australia has seen its hottest year in 2019 with the average temperature reaching just above 23C

The Tory Legacy

I don't know if I am allowed an opinion on this forum!

You still have not answered my question, are the fires in Australia the result of climate change/global warming???????

Edited by buckthorn

You repeatedly express (LOL) it, so of course you are.

Doesn't mean those with sense have to jump to your fanciful tune though does it?

Want to scientifically (rather than extreme ideologically - if anything) dispute the NASA figures and reasoning, which include the stuff Farage et al used to claim the earth would be cooling ....

Go for it.

I've given you a mail article to start LOL

The Tory Legacy

9 minutes ago, buckthorn said:

I have not expressed any opinion in relation to Australia.

Neither have I. I have shown a mail report

But NASA has declared a reasoned and evidenced report on Global warming, and the BoM on the temperatures and effects in Australia.

Do you dispute NASA's (and many other leading scientific bodies) figures on the effects of the sun on the temperature and that the evidence shows we should be in a quite pronounced period of cooling?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So you accuse other contributors of , saying things without back up yet you refuse to

answer a simple question says it all really. 

You don't know do you? That's why you will not answer"

Edited by buckthorn

LOL

When have you EVER answered a straight question. I'm simply not playing with your attempts to derail the presentation of actual quality evidence from the most distinguished and credible sources..

So you cant dispute Nasa's (and other leading bodies) findings?

I thought you might try albeit without any reasonable justification or evidence

So, do you dispute that the Earth is warming, despite the quality, detailed and compelling evidence demonstrating it should be cooling?

Hint - look at the graphs for compelling largely irrefutable evidence as presented by leading scientific bodies ...

The Tory Legacy

Now some of you may recall I said that there are going to be accelerated effects going into the current solar maximum expected to be around 2023.

I'm sticking to that despite the latest NASA projections saying that the upcoming solar maximum is going to be as low or perhaps even lower energetically than the last one - which was already low - with only around half the expected high energy sunspots.

God help us if the Sun flips back to its 1950 levels rather than its existing exceptionally low levels, and really does add to the global warming - enhanced by the greenhouse effects of the current levels of Co2, Nox, methane and water vapour.

The Tory Legacy

https://weather.com/news/news/2019-04-04-current-co2-levels-highest-in-three-million-years

Current Carbon Dioxide Levels Are Their Highest in At Least 3 Million Years

"It seems we're now pushing our home planet beyond any climatic conditions experienced during the entire current geological period, the Quaternary," Willeit said in a statement accompanying the study's publication. "A period that started almost 3 million years ago and saw human civilization beginning only 11,000 years ago. So, the modern climate change we see is big, really big; even by standards of Earth history."

Current co2 levels :

November 2019:     410.27 ppm

and has hit 415ppm briefly.

Global Monthly Mean CO2

September 2019:     407.65 ppm
September 2018:     404.94 ppm

image.png.44fa449fc1d06d9074c11a4c2676dc13.png

The Tory Legacy

16 hours ago, buckthorn said:

I think a lot of the fires in Australia were set alight not by the weather

but arsonists.

There will always be arsonists, sadly.

From what I've read, their PM didn't want to take advice from fire experts on how to tackle fires in this, their summer. He didn't lease firefighting aircraft which are the most effective way of fighting forest fires or make any other plans.

The affected regions of Australia has had very little rainfall so once a fire takes off, it has tinder dry countryside to rip through.

Illegitimi non carborundum

From Melbourne Australia.

(my nephew family and his brother  lives their, I asked about the fires this is his answer)

This is probably the worst fires I have seen in all my time in Australia. We have had two other instance of big fires but this one takes the cake. There was talk that the Victorian fires might combine with the NSW fires which would be catastrophic. I had also read that the fires are so big that they have started to create their own weather with a large quantity of smoke going up in the air in one area creating thunder storms in other areas which is sparking more fires.

Sadly these fires are not started accidently. One person has already been caught for the fires in East Gippsland and another one in Bundoora. The Bundoora one is a bit closer to home and really close to my brother’s house. His family and him had to evacuate their home, they said that the heat would have got to them first before the smoke which is why they had to evacuate as a precaution. Thankfully he was able to return that same day back to his home. MY brother and his family are only 20 mins away from us and the fire is probably 10 mins away from our house by car. This fire is still burning but is under control, Thankfully it rained today.

Thankfully the fires that are of real concern are 5+ hours’ drive away from our home. The Prime Minister is getting a lot of heat for not acting quickly enough.