Online Blue Badge renewal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Apparently all blue badge renewals/applications in future will have to be done through the gov.uk portal and paper applications will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances. However, the system is apparently not working very well at the moment.

The letter I received implied that as I was renewing an existing badge I would only have to provide proof of continuing entitlement, and that everything would be done online. I duly scanned my last PIP award and started the process - I previously qualified as 'virtually unable to walk' as I'd never bothered to apply for high mobility DLA, but got enhanced mobility PIP when I transferred.

I actually had to provide proof of identity, proof of address, proof of the points I scored for moving around, proof of the duration of my PIP award, a letter dated within 12 months to confirm I was still receiving PIP and a signed passport type photograph, to be sent by post to my local council.

I duly posted everything, only to be asked for all the proof of entitlement again as they wanted proof dated within the last 12 months of what points I got for mobility, which simply does not exist as I haven't been assessed within the last 12 months!

When I copied the list of required proof from the original application they did accept what I had sent, so I'll be getting my new badge soon but only for 12 months and still at the same cost of £10! I only applied on the basis of my PIP award because I thought it would be more straightforward but actually I'd have been better off having another assessment (they didn't bother actually assessing me last time I renewed) and getting another 3 years.

I hope these are teething problems with the new system as it would be much easier for me if everything could be done online, but I doubt that's true for everyone.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

they want to issue less of them so of course it wont be easier at any step of the process.

If yu live in North Norfolk they have decided the BB is worthless so no DYL parking and no free parking but you can use the 2 dedicated bays as long as you pay.

A traffic warden once said to me they should make all public parking illegal so his job would be easier. he used to struggle with the concept of loading bays.

I had my mobility component removed on my last PIP assessment so I applied via Suffolk County Council for limited mobiity. A right palaver. In days gone by, the BB people used to contact your GP to get the information required. No longer.

Just this week I had to attend an assessment at their offices in Lowestoft which is a disadvantage to start with as parking is at a premium. The nearest car park was half a mile away. Too far for me thank you. The fact that I drove to the assessment will not go well for me. Had someone brought me, that would be different. I did manage to find one free space near the centre. All the assessment was a few questions and then the assessor walked with me whilst timing me to see how far I could walk without getting out of breath or in too much pain.

I can see me failing this assessment because I lost the PIP mobility (this is subject to a complaint with I.C.E.) and having to prove yourself to someone who doesn't know you is very hard.

As for only getting a BB for one year is weird. Do they expect you to get better or are they doing this instead of for three years to deny a disabled person from obtaining a Motability car??

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I had my mobility component removed on my last PIP assessment so I applied via Suffolk County Council for limited mobiity. A right palaver. In days gone by, the BB people used to contact your GP to get the information required. No longer.

I've been 'assessed' twice before and each time they just took my word for it that I use a wheelchair. If I had to go to an assessment, I don't think it would make any difference as unlike the PIP assessor, I'm assuming they would notice the wheelchair.

Just this week I had to attend an assessment at their offices in Lowestoft which is a disadvantage to start with as parking is at a premium. The nearest car park was half a mile away. Too far for me thank you. The fact that I drove to the assessment will not go well for me. Had someone brought me, that would be different. I did manage to find one free space near the centre. All the assessment was a few questions and then the assessor walked with me whilst timing me to see how far I could walk without getting out of breath or in too much pain.

I can see me failing this assessment because I lost the PIP mobility (this is subject to a complaint with I.C.E.) and having to prove yourself to someone who doesn't know you is very hard.

As for only getting a BB for one year is weird. Do they expect you to get better or are they doing this instead of for three years to deny a disabled person from obtaining a Motability car??

My PIP award expires in a year (so I'll be getting the renewal forms for that soon, as well as currently being reassessed for ESA!) hence the blue badge being only for a year. Again, down to the PIP assessor who somehow believes my genetic, degenerative condition will miraculously disappear. My complaint also went to ICE but because I'd got the maximum award anyway they didn't even look at the issues with the assessment - half my conditions missed off, half the consultants involved missed off, most of my medication missed, the box she'd ticked not agreeing with the 'justification' she'd written etc etc. Despite the wheelchair and not seeing me walk at all, she somehow decided I can walk 20 metres using an aid, which I can't use because I have no grip and my right shoulder dislocates if anyone breathes on it.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.