1st N.I.P received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

Two days ago I received 2 N.I.P's for speeding, both on the same day on the same road, 20mins apart, going in different directions. It was a mobile speed camera unit that I was caught by.

This is my first ever N.I.P in all the 30+yrs I have been driving.

I am a carer for my mum who has severe Dementia.

On the day in question (9th Oct) I was going to my mums to pick her up to take her to a day centre where she goes every Tues.

Unfortunately this particular morning, I was having problems with my car as it wouldn't start. So because of this I was running a few mins late.

Normally I would pick her up at 9.15, so that I can get her to the day centre for 9.30 when it opens. This is her routine and has been for over 12months, even though my mum has this horrible disease, S

she can still tell the time and so any disruption to this can affect her greatley, i.e. she can become easily distressed, anxious and upset if that routine is affected in anyway. So bearing this in mind, I was travelling slightly quicker than I normally would do.

On the way to my mums house, I was caught doing 37mph, the speed limit for the road is 30mph. Also on the way back, I was caught again by the same mobile speed camera unit, this time doing 36mph.

I would like to know, can you be prosecuted for speeding twice on the same road, on the same day, only a matter of mins apart?

I am not in any way trying to 'get away' with the offence, I know I was speeding and I admit I was driving (obviously) but if the circumstances of that day had been different, and my car had started in the morning, then I would not of been speeding.

As ive already said, I was concerned about my mum and that she would be wondering where I was. She has carers that come in to her 4 times a day,

they have said quite a few times, that if they have not been able to get to my mums, for the time planned, she has been stood in the window of her house, watching for them turning up, and when they have, she has been in tears asking where they have been,

so again, Im not using that as an excuse, but on any other day I would not be travelling on this road, or if I had too I would be doing the 30mph speed limit.

any advice on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated. Also I have been told that I will more than likely be offered a speed awareness course, as the two speeds are inbetween the allowed amount for a speed awareness course.

I was also wondering whether it would be worth writing a letter explaining the situation on that day, and ask that they use discretion when deciding how to deal with it, as one of the offences is only 1mph over the minimum allowed before you get a ticket

Thank you

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

She didnt make you speed on the way back

2 sep offences...

Not mitigating circumstances sadly either

Just lucky to date youve not been caught

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...