Harlands/CRS issues

Cttally
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I’m looking for a advice re. Issues I’m having with CRS.

I cancelled my gym membership (in writing) in November 2014 giving 1 month notice as per my contract and at the time of cancellation all my DDs were up to date.

Then going forward 3 years I noticed that Harlands were still taking DD out of my account (schoolboy error as I forgot to check at the time).

I contacted Harlands who admitted their error and agreed to refund the money of £710.

Then all went quiet.

I chased them several times over two months by email and heard nothing,

so I then evoked a Direct Debit Guarantee through my bank and emailed Harlands to keep them informed and asked them not to refund the money.

A couple of days afterwards Harlands then refunded the money even though I’d sent them several emails asking them not to do so.

I then contacted Harlands asking them how to refund the money they’d transferred to me in error and heard nothing.

A couple of weeks later I received an email from CRS saying that I owned the £710 (which I’m happy to pay back) plus a £290 admin charge for breach of my contact.

Since then I have tried to return the £710 by posting a cheque for that amount to them twice, both times it was returned saying they couldn’t accept the payment without the admin charge.

Apologies for the long winded post but I have no idea what to do next, I’m more than happy to pay the £710 but refuse to pay the additional charges. I just seem to be going round in circles with them.

Any ideas as to how I should now approach this.

Am I right in refusing to pay the admin charge.

Thanks

you are more than correct in refusing the pay the admin fees

they are unlawful .

WRITE to them

ask them either where to send a cheque too or for their banking details to do a BACS transfer. but minus any unlawful fees.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve already tried this, I’ve also send two cheques for the amount I owe but keep on getting the same reply that they won’t accept payment without the admin charges and the cheques are returned to me. I just seem to going around in circles with them.

I usually get a call from them once a month to chase and have been threatened with legal action, to which I’ve replied for them to go ahead, but nothing happened.

I’d just like to pay the money I owe, how difficult can it be to pay some money to someone...very if you’re CRS.

Have you still got their bank details?

IMO do a bank transfer using their bank details, get onto their CEO and email them inform them of their staff playing silly buggers with his profits.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Ct and welcome to CAG

I'd write them a letter as follows :-

I have already twice tried to repay Harlands/CRS by cheque for money repaid by you to me in error.

You refused to accept the £710 unless I paid you admin fees, which I will not.

This is your final chance to accept the £710 I owe you and a cheque for this amount is enclosed payable to Harlands.

If you fail to bank this cheque for any reason, I will assume you do not want me to refund the £710 and I will consider the matter closed.

I will not engage in any further discussion about the matter and will ignore any further demands from Harlands/CRS.

take the money now to close the matter or go without - the choice is yours.

You've tried to do the right thing already. If they fail to accept your money this time, let them go without !

Send to Harlands at their the Haywards Heath address and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO when you send it.

Keep us posted.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Have you still got their bank details?

IMO do a bank transfer using their bank details, get onto their CEO and email them inform them of their staff playing silly buggers with his profits.

Unfortunately not, wish I had as it would make life easier. Might post on social media about Harlands, I note they reply to Trustpilot, so may give that a shot.

your bank will still have them

ring and ask for the sort and account number from the DD

or get them to make the transfer for you

just use your old membership number as the ref number.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why not try the letter first - if they refuse your offer or continue to demand the admin fees, then I would ignore all further contact or demands (but keep the £710 tucked away on deposit in case you DO have to repay it).

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)