Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: NPN PCN - overstay Un-adopted Rd entrance to old St Edmunds Hosp Northampton

and we need the questions too
    cant see what uploading a photo has to do with redacting anything else.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: NPN PCN - overstay Un-adopted Rd entrance to old St Edmunds Hosp Northampton

so far so good but we need to be able to read the signage that is there as well.
    Please read a load more threads so you get a better idea of what we are after and in what format.

Quote Originally Posted by parkingbill2018 View Post
    Here is the entrance of the un-adopted road from the highway

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2018

Pictures for Ericsbrother.

The Parking sign & signs on wall of derelict building which drivers park alongside. Bear with me on other stuff.

As previously stated there isn't one of these or any other sign at the entrance to this road stating it is a Private Road or the Terms and Conditions.

There used to be one on the end of this building facing drivers as they entered the road, but this was too far back (you can see it on the entrance of the road photo) and the font size is too small to read.

However this has now been removed when new fencing was put up, so the parking company have made matters even worse!!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Follows
    Following

Are you going to answer the questions in dx's link please? You aren't going to get complete advice until you do.

HB

Basic Account Holder

I did answer most of them. Just need to sort out the documents to not have any personal details in one PDFicon

To recap

1 Date of the infringement[s] January this year

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] It was received after 3 days of the alleged offence

3 Date received Received 5 days after the alleged offence

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] Yes it does

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 3 photographs taken by a parking attendant, not automatic cameras

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] Yes to the Management Company and following the corrupt/biased IAS process.
    Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up .Yes, both were rejected.

Documents to follow.

7 Who is the parking company? NPM

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Un-adopted Road (not the car park at the rear), entrance to St Edmunds Hospital (being developed into a dementia centre/home), Northampton.

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IPS/IAS

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here: Site owner/developer, Debt Recover company.

Follows
    Following

also get pictures of where the sign was and isnt now as this will help you in the long run by time stamping their evidence (and yours).

The sign is prohibitive in nature so not an offer of terms for parking so the amount thye are claiming is an unlawful penalty. Basically you arent offered terms for parking so not a genuine offer bur at best a sign that is designed to dissuade you from parking. The only way you can agree to be bound by its conditions is to break them!

Plenty of law on this so in the long run you are safe. Problem is they know this but will still try and get you to pay up by coercion threats or by using a court claim in the hope you then collapse and pay up when theyr is nio lawful reason for them to demand a penny. Their solicitors are well aware fo thsi but as the same 2 people own the IPC you can see how some people think that the IAS is just a kangaroo court and the solicitors are abusing the court process by encouraging the IPC members to make false claims.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Just added a photo of the new red fencing that covers up the end of the building where there used be a sign. There is a new sign, but this is not facing drivers as they enter the un-adopted road.

Default Re: NPN PCN - overstay Un-adopted Rd entrance to old St Edmunds Hosp Northampton

there is a new sign so we need to see that as well. This is laid out on a lot of other threads and surely common sense would dictate that you took a picture whilst there as it is different to the one you have already posted up.

Also your answers to the questions dont answer them, we need DATES and we need to see the phots taken by the parking attendant with your details redacted. Seeing the entire NTK would be better as very often they arent even good enough to create any liability as they dont contain the necessary information adn key phrases. If they get that wrong the fact you appealed wont matter as it isnt a legal demand so they cant progress it and get anywhere.

We wnat to help but so far it is like pulling teeth, try and be a bit more proactive.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

There is no new sign as far as I know.
    There is just new fencing put up, same signs.

I will visit the site and confirm this and report back.
    The one I posted here is the one uploaded to the IAS as evidence.

Someone mentioned on here about a 10 minute grace period.
    I don't see that is relevant for a NO PARKING area.

Yes there may be grace time on a parking time paid for to allow for difference in peoples time devices, which may be 10 minutes, although I read on I think this forum NPM gives 5 minutes.

Sorry you think getting information is like pulling teeth.
    I do have a full time demanding job were I have to work long hours and this business of posting stuff in public on the internet is new to me so I am therefore treading cautiously.

Sorry. I see other threads on this subject were people have been requested to post document etc. and that was the end of the thread (no documents posted)!
    I appreciate you want to help but I would prefer to PM anyone with the documents required.

If you want to help is that not acceptable?
    I certainly intend to go public (media) in a big way if this company does not drop this charge or takes me to court and I have made that clear to them and also the site owner.

My Father also will start a petition to get the signage at this site improved and legal to remove any future ambiguity.

Vehicle images as requested, as supplied to the IAS

Default Re: NPN PCN - overstay Un-adopted Rd entrance to old St Edmunds Hosp Northampton

Ref your post #29, there's rarely a need to send documents by PM. If you redact out things like names and addresses [yours, not the PPC] then you'll be no different to all the other threads on here.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Sorry for the delay.
    I hope you now have all you need to offer useful advice that will help if this goes to court or I get nasty letters from the debt collectoricon or their Solicitor.

I suppose this is all good preparation for writing to my local MP and the media if I have to and I was thinking of contacting Sir Parking Bill himself, even though I am not in his constituency.

Attached Files Attached Files

ok so where is their NTK with the pix THEY took please

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

ive hidden the ntk dispute your worry about you being identified by popping it up
    you left the PCN number in the text.....opps.

can we have that as ONE multipage PDFicon please full page and both sides
    so we can zoom
    don't cut the page down in size to hide the bottom.
    just redact your details. or anything that can id you

we need to see all their text and the layout.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Yes I noticed, but I am sure from dates and times on photos etc they can work that out anyway!

Basic Account Holder

Here are both sides of the PCN in one PDFicon as requested.

Attached Files Attached Files

have we got the exact timings here already.
    the time stamp on the pix is too pixalated.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Times 16:38:46 and 16:38:59

so you were there for 1 min not 10?
    how are they proving how long you were /weren't parked for?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

It doesnt matter how long I was there.
    I don't know why this thread included overstay in the title.
    I did not overstay a period that I had paid for or a period you are allowed to stay free.

The road is Private and there is No Parking, although I and dozens of drivers every day are unaware because of the poor signage (e.g. no sign as you enter the road. I have a receipt from Tescos that is within 10 minutes from the time stamp, but I have no idea how quickly the photo was taken.

I would see immediately as I only bought a few items from the store, hence why I said 10 minutes.
    There is no grace period so why do they have to prove how long I was there or have I missed something.

Anyway is 100 a fair charge for 10 minutes and what hardship and issues does it cause the site owner having cars park in the road for a few minutes.
    Yes if they park on the site, including their car park, but not the road.

If it is such a big deal they should errect correct signs and paint double yellow lines then there can be no argument!!!
    They obviously want to cause confusion to make money from their excessive parking chargesicon.

in post 1 you said...

I parked for less than 10 minutes behind a car that was already there and didn’t think anymore of this

DYL's mean nothing on private land..purely tarmac Graffiti...

its not the site owner that's trying to fleece you.

the overstay is important to be in the title because there IS a general rule that says a minimum of 10 mins..but no max.

you didn't get a windscreen ticket so they had to send the NTK within 14 days which they did.
    but they must also prove how long you were there, they cant so sorry sir it was less than 10mins..PROVE otherwise... they can't...fallen in yet...??

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details