Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: NPN PCN - overstay Un-adopted Rd entrance to old St Edmunds Hosp Northampton

That is one reason why you need to establish who owns the road. In that plan there appear to be three separate sites - the building including Tesco, the road and site behind Tesco and the old hospital site. They could each have a different owner.

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2018

Default Re: NPN PCN - overstay Un-adopted Rd entrance to old St Edmunds Hosp Northampton

I started by looking at planning applications and luckily before I purchased a land registry document I discovered the planning department were looking at the wrong address!!!!! Phoned them back and as this is complicated I have had to submit my request by email.

no problem as the planning people are usually busy but helpful. As said, you can also try the Valuations Agency as it is a commercial premises. You might want to dob NPN in for running a car park without paying rates for doing so. Convoluted law but sometimes the landowner gets a kick in the backside for this.

i wonder if the PPC are paying any council tax etc for the income derived in that area?

no, hence dobbing them in to the VA. the council will get some money as well but they dont decide on whether the land attracts business rates, the VA does. Rare for a car park to be separate but I have forced the issue once in Selsdon wher Lidl demolished a pub and used the land as a car park without telling anyone so both they and PE got clobbered. PE subsequently wriggled out of it but Lidl then got a bigger bill anyway and thsi shows that in reality the parking co's ar actually servants of the landowner and have no locus oe agency to create contracts but that is ignoredicon Just read the opening paras of POFA and you will see that. basically big business has the clout and the law is to protect rich people from losing their money to poor people. Been that way since the 1600's and the defeat of the Diggers and Levellers movements

Basic Account Holder

I now have the correct planning application number and confirmed that the Tesco's landlord is the the same company, who own the whole site.

Also seen the deeds to the land.

Read the attached with interest.

Have they broken their agreement for the planning consent by not painting double yellow lines before Tesco's etc moved in or because the road is un-adopted is that a get out for them?

Attached Images Attached Images

Reading that article, it states that part of the road is adopted and it is requiring, unless agreed otherwise, that a Traffic Regulation Order be obtained for double yellow lines etc. It may also explain the boundary marking of the road in your earlier plans, from the main road just up to the island and the two short 'spurs' - it certainly looks adopted in your earlier pictures.

Basic Account Holder

We may have had some temporary success. The NPM Cowboys, their floodlighting and flash cameras were not present last night when it was dark so they maybe lying low at the moment unless they were all at a staff Bonfire Party that Mt Gearly was holding! I know who I would have liked to have seen as the guy on top of the bonfire Sorry if that last sentence is breaking group rules. i have continued to push Tesco's into taking action. They have tried to fob me off and pull the wool over my eyes, but they apologised in the end for doing so and have stated this will be passed onto the area manager.

so a question about which part will be the adoptable hightway when completed. The layout suggests all of the access road that is currently the part that is causing the problem. Now the next para that you can harly see in your post makes it clear as to where this does end and to my mind the actual tarmac already there is covered by this so probably adopted by the default position of planning being granted. appears as though 2 departmets at NDC arent singing from the same hymnsheet as they say in managementspeak.

Basic Account Holder

I didnt think it was a done deal that the road will be adopted at all. I would think like you that all of the part causibg issues will be adopted. Yes the tarmac and normal line marking are part of the problem. It looks like a finished adopted road and as there are no signs stating otherwise obviously shopper are none the wiser until that PCN drops through the letter box!

It wont be adopted until the store opens for business but you can stuill rely on Dawood v Camden and the overriding fact that there is no contract to breach. Do not forget this last point as it is the only sure fire winner, the rest rely onpeople being convinced that a contract is void because... rather than no contract to start with

Basic Account Holder

The Tesco Store has been open for over 4 years now

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

please try and put everything up as PDFicon ONLY so we can ZOOM!!

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

sorry, I thought this was a construction site.
    Anyways, who is the landowner as it isnt Tesco Knowing this may be helpful re contracts and planning for signs

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jul 2011

Unless there has been a Stopping order by the council, Market Street is an adopted road already, it was a through road from Wellingborough RDicon to Kettering Rd. The construction site access road is a seperate spur and will likely belong to the developer.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.
    I have no legal qualifications.
    If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the star. Thank you
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    sorry, I thought this was a construction site.
    Anyways, who is the landowner as it isnt Tesco Knowing this may be helpful re contracts and planning for signs
    The document is a PDFicon from the Council website. The quality is poor. As they say you cannot polish the s word. Tesco property manager phoned me this afternoon. I am sending him all the complaint details and he is going to speak to the Landlord. If he gets a response it will be that the Parking Management Company is a member of the IPC and signs at the site approved by the IPC and Trading Standards. I have told him why to dismiss these statements.

He confirmed who I know to be the Landlord and owner of the land.

Follows
    Following

approved by TS? that is an out and out lie.
    So who is the landowner then? You want to know how to find alternative ways of fighting this so spill the beans.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details