style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, any help would be appreciated.

In brief:

I used the Dartford crossing in August. I tried to pay the £2.50 but their system was down for hours and I was unable to do so until the following day.

I received a £35 fine.

I made a representation and they have rejected it and said "our investigations show that thre were no known problems with our website at the time you stated you attempted to pay".

The fine has gone up to £72.50 now.

I am wondering what the best option is (a) just pay the charge and forget about it; or (b) appeal it.

I am worried that I will have bailiffs at the door and cost hundreds all for a £2.50 charge and their system being down.

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am assuming that you made your representation within the strict time frame outlined on the Penalty Charge Notice. If so, then the penalty charge should have been held at the same stage in which it was at when you appealed.

In the case of Dart Charge, when a Penalty Charge Notice is issued, the amount due is £70 and this sum will be DISCOUNTED to £35.00 as long as payment is made within the discount period of 14 days. After that time, you lose the right to the discounted rate and the charge reverts to £70....plus the £2.50 crossing fee.

As your payment was late, the £2.50 that you paid, will remain as a credit against future crossings.

In your appeal, you mentioned that you had been unable to pay by midnight (the day after the crossing) as the 'systems were down'. I can assure you that many people make representation like you on the exact same grounds. If the computer systems were 'down', you will find that their telephone line (0300 300 0120) is very easy to get through to.

The other point to remember is that if there is a problem with their payment line or online payment system, you will find that Highways England are very good indeed with updating their Twitter account with such notification. It may be worth seeing whether anything was recorded on the day in which you tried to make payment.

Edited by honeybee13
Advert removed