Barclays Account - refund

persha50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - after some of your valueable advice.

Got a letter from Barclays Bank saying they had reviewed their accounts and that some of the charges they had place on my account were unfair and that there was a refund of £434 due to me BUT this had been paid into the overdraft on my account.

I closed my Barclays account in 2016 and there was a DRO taken out which covered the overdraft on this account which was still owed.

So is that correct that the refund should go towards this, since the O/D was written off with a DRO in 2016 so did not owe them anything.

Also they did not specify that charges were directly related to the O/D they were charges placed onto my current account.

Sharon

well no it wasn't written off

any assets like PPI and these refunds whereby a bank didn't send you regular statement or a notice of sums in arrears on a regular basis etc is an asset the trustees should deal with, but as the OD was notional anyway with bogus charges you didn't really owe that figure in the first place..so they just remove them or refund them against the account

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...