Retailer Postage charges

CraigMcK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Quick question.

I was looking to buy some parts via a retailers online store. When I went to pay it showed the 2nd class postage charge, at the point of putting in my postcode (Scotland) it went from £1.95 to £3.95. Being as bit surprised it changed I put in a Nottingham postcode and it dropped back to £1.95, so was sure it was a location charge.

I emailed the store and they have said Royal mail charge by both size/weight and location. I accept that is true for parcels, but I thought 1st & 2nd class post was by weight/size only?

Thanks

AFAIK Royal Mail charge exactly the same to anywhere in the UK. Whether sent 1st/2nd letter post or Parcel force packages. Certainly for letters, it's one of their fundamental obligations under their 'universal service obligation'.

So the retailers explanation is wrong. Private courier/delivery companies though routinely charge higher prices for Highlands and Islands. Maybe they use private companies sometimes?

But even if the retailer is wrong about RM they are entitled to set whatever P&P charge they want. They aren't obliged only to charge what RM charge.

Thanks for that. I do understand they can charge what they want. It's the suggestion the charge is location based. Their website shows Royal Mail 2nd class. Just the charge changes dependant upon postcode which seems rather odd.

go here and check

use their postcode

I will assume you are KW1?

99% think that's the islands!!

https://www.royalmail.com/

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well royal mail deosnt change by location

go prove it too the retailer!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would bet that their postage calculator uses the poscode lottery even when it doesnt apply. order over the phone and tell them you want 2nd class post and they can manually alter the auto error generated fee. I use to use a flat rate postage fee for any size order but would manually adjust this if someone wanted a low value item that fitted in an ordinary envelope. people can make decisions, computer cant.