Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2018

Default Re: CEL Claimform - Croydon Poplar Walk car park.

Thanks @dx100uk
    Ok Iíll wait to submit my defence. Donít like leaving it to the last day though.
    Should I send the letter to CEL now or at the same time as defence?
    Regards

what you like or don't is immaterial this is a court claim and should be deal with in the correct manner.

as for the letter send it now

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Ok will do.
    Thanks

Basic Account Holder

Hi @ericsbrother

What format should I expect to see the response for the CPR?
    I've not received anything yet.
    Do I get any email/letter notifications for the next steps on MCOL?

I've put the following in a letter to CEL.
    ----
    The claimant has failed to follow the Civil Procedureicon rules by failing to issue a letter before actionicon and the claim is too vague to see what the claim is actually for.

The claimant has also failed to show who is issuing this claim as they have stated that CEL are the legal representative of the claimant but haven’t stated who that is when signing the form.

The defendant states that this is not an error but an abuse of process and therefore requests that the claim be summarily dismissed under CPR 3.4 and states that it is likely to fail anyway.
    ----

Is there anything else I need to do before 12th Nov?

Thanks Al

read your thread post 40

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

you had better start reading the advice more carefully,
    at no point has anyone said write to CEL,

by the 12th of this month you write your outline defence to the COURT and you may include a bit saying you do not believe they have the authority from the landowner etc as per the wording of your CPR 31.14 request because they havent sent this to you.

You had also better read a load more threads on parking in general and court cases in particular so you dont snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by failing to read the paperwork the COURT sends you.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi @ericsbrother

Sorry I'm confused, and anxious.

In post 41 - as response to my questions in post 40
    (following your suggestion from a previous post 39, added below),
    @dx100uk said "as for point 3 yes send that in a letter to CEL ref your case number."

So should I not send it? it is very confusing

I was meant to have posted it today, but luckily got busy and couldn't do it.

Thanks

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    for the last part put that in a letetr as well and send it separately if you are using MCOL
    @ericsbrother - this post, where you suggest putting in a separate letter - who do I send this to? Thanks

to the court
    but I read that wrong too.
    I know in the past we have written to the PPC directly when we've seen these abuses of due process giving them the chance to drop the claim...but obv things have moved on or its not appropriate to CEL as we know people that shouldn't be signing as a solicitor ARE doing so.
    you'd have to read up on the history of CEL to understand this one.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

hi @dx100uk
    The letter to court - is that the response pack I need to fill in from the N9B claim formicon page 4 titled "Defence and Counterclaim (specified amount)" ? OR do I just send it as a plain letter with Claim reference mentioned?

I've been reading up on CEL and country court claims - both on CAGicon and pepipoo and other sites - and I'm just getting more confused
    I will start to draft up a full defence this weekend.
    Thanks

Follows
    Following

just type no need for reply with quote
    makes the thread twice as long to scroll thru...17 unnecessary quotes of previous posts removed.

you write to the court if you wish.

your defence is as post 39....

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

if you have used mcol you need to send a separate letter to the court about their abuse of process as there isnt a place where you can do this online.

As this was part of an answer that states what you need to send to court it shouldnt be that confusing.

It may not get read until the time of the hearing but at least it will be there in the judges bundle.

Now if you had sent this to CEL what good would it do?
    read everything carefully and dont make assumptions.

You wont be writing to CEL at all from now until you have to exchange documents and it is unlikley to actually get that far as I would bet on them not paying the allocation fee once you have submitted an outline defence.

If you are still unsure of what to say in that then we will offer a short version suitabel for your case that is similar to all of the others apart from saying the contrcat is with another party

also ask the DVLA who obtained your keeper details? This has to be doen in writing and soon as they l;ike to obfuscate on this as they are in big trouble over their lax quality control for access under KADOE contracts.

Now if starpark say you owe CEL for the breach who has the right to ask for your details as startpark have no contract to breach but CEL have no cause as no keeper liability can exist to an uninterested third party.

Basic Account Holder

I've submitted my defence (before the deadline), and emailed DVLA for the details of who requested my registration details and what reasonable cause they cited.
    Thanks again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3