• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m full of shame and a high level of guilt and a lot of remorse that I’m telling you that a few days ago I was caught shoplifting from Primark.

This is not of my nature and I have never done anything like this before in my life.

I have had a lot of home pressures lately and a marriage that is on the brink of divorce too.

Not in any way is that an excuse for my behaviour though.

I apologised profusely to the store and I apologise to anyone reading this too.

I was taken to the holding room where the security guard asked me to put back all items I had taken.

It came to a total of £62.

The guard asked me if I had some ID on me but I had not so he said he would have to call the police.

Having ID meant it could have been dealt with internally.

Police came and I was issued with a Community Resolution slip.

And as a part of this I have a store ban and expecting a bill from RLP to cover compensation costs.

My questions are:

1. What does this community resolution means now? Am I a criminal?

2. I’m a teacher but had some time out to raise my family. What does this mean for my career?

3. I volunteer with Girlguides and the NSPCC and a few other smaller chairties. Is my role in jeopardy?

4. I am waiting to receive the compensation fee from RLP and will happily pay it as I know fully I was in the wrong.

Just to reiterate,

I’m so sorry for doing this,

I would consider myself an upstanding citizen,

and I had a momentary lapse of good morals and judgement.

I feel so bad about this and so guilty and so fearful each day that the I may receive some communication that things have to be taken further by the police and I will be made to make up for my I’ll behaviour more.

Thanks for any advice or help

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

My questions are:

1. What does this community resolution means now? Am I a criminal? - no!!

2. I’m a teacher but had some time out to raise my family. What does this mean for my career? - nothing

3. I volunteer with Girlguides and the NSPCC and a few other smaller chairties. Is my role in jeopardy? - no

4. I am waiting to receive the compensation fee from RLP and will happily pay it as I know fully I was in the wrong.

well you don't

you totally ignore them.

there is nothing they can do to you

I've moved you to the RLP forum

just go read a few posts here

you'll soon get the idea.

it makes no odd that the police were involved, their part is done and dusted they kept no record...you'll here no more from them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Never pay RLP. Ever. Theres no need to. As already said, the police have dealt with you and its over and done with. It wont stop the mucky paws of RLP trying to get money out of you, but you can completely ignore them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As above - NEVER pay RLP a penny. They are not entitled to it and there is no lawful reason why they should receive it. They will write and tell you that 'their client' reserves the right to take legal action, but that will never ever happen as the matter was dealt with at the time, the goods were recovered and Primark suffered no loss. RLP will claim that 'their client' is entitled to a contribution towards security costs - there are no costs applicable over and above what they would have paid the security guard(s) on that day had you not even entered the store, so again they have suffered no recoverable loss - and this was proven the last time that RLP encouraged a client to try to recover such amounts in court - over 6 years ago and they lost so heavily that none of their clients have gone near court since, so forget all about that.

RLP may well even copy and paste bits of this thread into any letters to you and tell you that we know nothing and give bad advice. Simply read other threads here and try to find one where court action has resulted from such poor advice...you won't find anything either here or elsewhere

The potentially sticky point for you 'might' be the involvement of the police and for your career and voluntary activities requiring enhanced DBS checks. A Community Resolution requires an admission of guilt, and will have been recorded on local police records but not the Police National Computer. As such it 'may' be disclosed in a DBS check but only if it is considered relevant to the position requiring the DBS check, even though you can honestly state that you have no criminal convictions or cautions if asked that question. This is a possibility, although unlikely but it is best to know, so you may want to get a SAR from the police which should give you an idea of what, if anything has been recorded on the police information system

Please try not to let this get you down even further, and hopefully you are getting help to deal with the root causes of this issue. Health and family are what matters most at the moment

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thankyou so much for replies so far and referring me to the RLP forums, which I will go ahead and read.

I have to say I’m still concerned about how this affects my career/ voluntary work. Everything seems so much in limbo - I did not know about the SAR, so will make efforts to get that sorted. How soon do you think I should apply for that seeing as the incident only happened a few days ago?

I still feel incredibly guilty and weary of anything more coming from this, but it is just a case of facing the consequences of my sheer stupidity albeit a momentary period of stupidity.

Sorry to be a pain, but something has just occurred to me...

Now that I have been given a community resolution order does that mean I have a conviction?

I originally thought not as I have read that it doesn’t mean I have a criminal record, but I think because I’m so distraught by all of this I have all sorts running through my mind that needs clarifying.

Many thanks in advance

no it is not a conviction. Its a resolution order. Meaning its in place of one to avoid taking up police and court time.

You dont have a criminal record at all.

Basically its like a slap on the wrist to not do it again instead of a full on beatdown.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Please go and visit your Dr, the guilt does go with time, you need to put it out of your head, it has been dealt with, they have moved on and so should you.

Make an appointment to see your Dr and have a chat with them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No - definitely not a conviction or a caution. A CR is an opportunity for first time low level offences to be dealt with outside of the court process and to avoid staining an otherwise clean record with a criminal record for something trivial and (hopefully) unlikely to happen again. Should there be further events, then the CR can be taken into account as 'history' of committing offences, but as per my previous, you can genuinely and honestly say that you have no convictions or cautions, as you don't. All that there may be is a record held locally that you were investigated for a matter of shoplifting and that this was dealt with by CR, not a criminal marker on the PNC

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I know of 3 people with similar resolutions, they've had no issue with scouts, children, guides etc etc , and their CRO does show on enhanced search

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and a warm welcome from me,

All I can do is generally agree with the other posters here. I take it you haven't had the details of the CRO. It may be something as simple as writing a letter of apology.

You would be surprised how many people come here asking similar questions as yours and for similar reasons too. Mental health issues form a large percentage of the cases here so seeing your GP is the one thing I would recommend. Speaking to your doctor might just help in understanding the poor choice you made. You may be offered a short course of anti - depressants. Don't be afraid of them. They do help (once into your system)

As for RLP. Everybody here will say don't pay them. I agree. RLP share with retailers the proceeds of people foolish enough to believe their rubbish and RLP get the lions share. The letters will claim that each incident costs between £300 and £500 and that all they want is a contribution to these costs. Total rubbish of course for one simple reason. If it was true that it cost Primark this amount, shouldn't they get 100% of the claimed monies? The last I heard, RLP take 60% and the store gets the rest.

Don't fall for the lies which is exactly what they are. The letters will be worded in such a way that people believe they have some power. They Don't! Always read and read again to discover what they actually mean.

I wrote this post a ling time ago but it is still relevant today.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448994-RLP-FAQ-s.-What-do-they-mean-Reviewed-September-2015&p=4762870&viewfull=1#post4762870

Now, I am not 100% sure I agree with their being nothing on a CRB check. A basic one would not show anything but this is the bit I am not sure of. An enhanced CRB check allows the police to add things that may be relevant to any job and the CRO may show up. Like I said, not 100% but better be more alert to the possibility. Sorry if I sound pensive but I just don't know.

After such a long missive, it boils down to this.

Do the CRO

Ignore RLP

See your GP

Good luck

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

A Community Resolution, like others have said, is basically an agreement between the police, the store, and yourself that’s says, instead of being arrested and prosecuted, we are going to deal with it here and now.

You should have been issued with a form that the police filled in and you had to sign. It’s a small A5 carbonated form that when is done, is split amongst the three of you. The police keep the white copy, the victim (in this case the store) keeps the yellow copy, and the offender (in this case you) keeps the green copy. On this form there is a section for the police to put what has been agreed - for the majority of my jobs, it simply says ‘exclusion order served’ for some it may be a letter of apology (which isn’t a bad idea whether it is in the CR or not).

NB if anybody is interested and wants to see a CR form, let me know and I’ll pull one out, redact the information and post it.

Like others have said it is not a criminal conviction, so you would be telling the truth to say you have no convictions (as long as you didn’t have any prior to this). It is recorded on police systems though. So if you are required to have an enhanced disclosure as part of your job (which from what I understand - a teacher does need) it MAY show up. Ultimately, it’s down to the person processing your enhanced disclosure to decide whether it is relevant to the role. So really it’s in the lap of the gods. I’m sorry and I know it’s not what you want to hear but I’m just being honest - I don’t mind admitting that I really wouldn’t know which way that would go, as to whether they would deem it relevant. It basically comes down to dishonesty - so if you were going for a job that involved you being in charge of money - it would certainly be disclosed. Teaching? I’m not too sure.

As others have said. Simply ignore RLP.

Please see your GP and put an end to this pattern of behaviour before it becomes worse.

I wish you the best of luck.

LPG