First parking PCN - causing an obstruction at hospital where i work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a "PARKING CHARGE NOTICE" from this company asking for £50 to be paid for "Causing Obstruction" in the car park of the hospital where I work.

I have not seen a PCN stuck to my car, but there had been a hand written note affixed to my windscreen by someone who found it difficult to pull her/his car out.

I have had PCN's issued a few times by such private companies in the last ten years, and I've only ever paid the ones issued by the local council. The others have sent various forms of threats and then gone quiet.

How often do F1RST PARKING take people to court? And what's the current law on this?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have never seen any other parking company include "causing obstruction" on their

Signage and if it doesn't appear on FP's signage either you have nothing to worry about

Nor anything to pay.

If you live closeby

Please photo all the signs there and post them here.

They can issues demands for money if there is an offer of a unilateral contract by way of clear signage. #That can say that you pay them as a condition of the contract of for breaching cetain terms.

If they want money then what they say you owe them for must match exactly one of the terms on the signage.

Causing ostyruction is an impossible term as it is subjective.

So, for examaple I could park correctly in the centre of a bay and a blind person then fails to negotiate their vehicle properly.

My vehicle could be said to be obstructing them in their maneouvres but the term would be rejected becasue a blind person wouldnt be considered to be " the man in the street" when it comes to what is normal.

Therefore the sign must state what an obstruction is or state that parking in such a place is not allowed or parking only allowed in other places.

Even that is a bit vague and open to successful challenge but at least understood.

The simplest signage to catch out naughty parking is "parking £100, if you park in the indicated manner the fee is waived"

so, yes, lets see the signage and any other sigans at the site that may apply to parking anywhere rather than just at the specific location.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi

I think that this from another site explains things quite well

http://tinyurl.com/y7p3qwp5

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have never seen any other parking company include "causing obstruction" on their

Signage and if it doesn't appear on FP's signage either you have nothing to worry about

Nor anything to pay.

If you live closeby

Please photo all the signs there and post them here.

I will take some photos tomorrow.

IMG_20181016_182257.jpg

Have you thought of going to the admin department and finding out who monitors FP. There will be someone at the hospital who has the responsibility for parking matters. Find them and see if they will contact FP and get them to cancel the ticket on your behalf.

Sometimes works-sometimes not.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Have you thought of going to the admin department and finding out who monitors FP. There will be someone at the hospital who has the responsibility for parking matters. Find them and see if they will contact FP and get them to cancel the ticket on your behalf.

Sometimes works-sometimes not.

I will try this, but the parking staff at this hospital are not the brightest, usually replying to all queries with "I dont know, please email the parking".

They can issues demands for money if there is an offer of a unilateral contract by way of clear signage. #That can say that you pay them as a condition of the contract of for breaching cetain terms.

If they want money then what they say you owe them for must match exactly one of the terms on the signage.

Causing ostyruction is an impossible term as it is subjective.

So, for examaple I could park correctly in the centre of a bay and a blind person then fails to negotiate their vehicle properly.

My vehicle could be said to be obstructing them in their maneouvres but the term would be rejected becasue a blind person wouldnt be considered to be " the man in the street" when it comes to what is normal.

Therefore the sign must state what an obstruction is or state that parking in such a place is not allowed or parking only allowed in other places.

Even that is a bit vague and open to successful challenge but at least understood.

The simplest signage to catch out naughty parking is "parking £100, if you park in the indicated manner the fee is waived"

so, yes, lets see the signage and any other sigans at the site that may apply to parking anywhere rather than just at the specific location.

This is whats displayed around the car park

IMG_20181018_081751.jpg

post 2 link needs doing

the ntk is the letter you got with the anpr in out pix on it

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well, their sign shows that parking in front of 3 bays is obstructive so that is what is meant. If you werent parked in front of 3 other bays it isnt a breach of conditions.

so now then , date you got the note attached to your vehicle, date you got the letter through the post and lastly can we see the letter in its entirety with your personal details redacted along with their reference numbers and barcodes.

If you spend some time reading a good few of the other private parking threads you will soon work out what we need to see and why so you can then preempt our requests and speed up things which will in turn hopefully give you the reassurance that you will knock this on the head.

Lastly, the sign says staff permit parking only, did you display a staff permit? If not the terms on the sign dont apply to you anyway. Let us know

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply.

I've received this in the post.

@ericsbrother: I did not display a staff permit, despite being a staff who pays monthly for the parking, because the parking company have not issued me with a permit although I have requested this on two occasions. They have not even acknowledged my requests.

IMG_20181213_012334.jpg

hidden that pcn no showing

you ignore powerless dca's

and they

if you go read post 2

you still haven't filled in the link

so we can have all we need to help property..

and they

if you read that link..atleast..you'll see you should of received a letter from them within 29-56 days called a notice to keeper as you had a windscreen ticket.

did you not get one?

if not , why not?

not moved since you got the ticket have you?

and they

let us consider the situation with the permits first.

Your employer is responsible for that and they cant just pass the buck so get on to whatever dept is responsible ( estates? HR?) and give them some grief.

Make it clear you will be following the grievance procedure over this matter and then let them know as an aside that the parking bandits cant even follow the protocols of the POFA so are making fools of ther trust with their harassment of you over this improperly issued ticket and as such you expect them ( whichever dept) to sort the matter out

because if the matter does end up with a court claim it proves to be very expensive for the hospital trust (see the case a few years back involving East Kent Hospitals) and would be hugely embarrassing given the circumstances.

Make sure you have address this to the right person/office

As for threatograms- ignore them, the parking co appears to have shot themselves in both feet with this one.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

thread title updated

and they

• 1 month later...

Received this a few weeks ago, and then another similar one threatening court action and attachment of earnings, etc. just two days ago (I cant find that one to scan, because I think my younger child threw it in the bin!)

As for the employer, I have written to the parking department TWICE regarding my issues, and there has not even been an acknowledgement.

If the charge was for parking without a permit and:

a) you’d paid for a permit while

b) it hadn’t been issued despite multiple requests, you’d be on very safe ground.

However, I bet that somewhere in the “staff parking permit” application (or on receiving the permit) there is a term about not causing an obstruction.

So, the private parking co. may have difficulty enforcing their “charge”, but watch out you don’t shoot yourself in the foot and the hospital find an excuse to withdraw their permit (that is providing you still need parking there!)

on reflection (& given the note from the driver who found it hard to manoeuvre their car), if push came to shove can you say “I wasn’t causing an obstruction”?

Edited by BazzaS

Received this a few weeks ago, and then another similar one threatening court action and attachment of earnings, etc. just two days ago (I cant find that one to scan, because I think my younger child threw it in the bin!)

As for the employer, I have written to the parking department TWICE regarding my issues, and there has not even been an acknowledgement.

Didnt attach the scan last time!

IMG_20190213_114117.jpg