Second hand phone ( Cash Converters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I purchased a Galaxy S7 at the end January 2018 from Cash Converts for 250.

It has been in a case since buying it with screen protector. Last night the screen has got a line through it :(. I looked at receipt and spoke with Cash Converters and they only offer 6 months warrant - No help at all.

I am aware there should be a less expectation regarding the quality of second hand items and the fact warranty is optional. I am more interested in my rights under the CRA. A 250 pound phone should last longer in my eyes than 8 months!

I have no experience with civil law. I just wanted to get a feel from people on here whether it is worth the effort pursuing this? With the fact it is a second hand phone.

Thanks

When buying 2nd hand goods through a retailer or online from an Ebay trader you have the same rights as if you were purchasing the goods as new. This means that the item must be of satisfactory quality, based on what a reasonable person would expect, taking into account the price, it must be fit for purpose and it must meet the expectations of the consumer, bearing in mind of course that the item is 2nd hand and so reasonable wear and tear should be expected. If it doesn’t or the item is faulty, you can demand a refund and the 30 day right applies.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

youve had it for 8 months and its had normal wear and tear well before that. You wont get a repair for it, and youd be very lucky to get one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

outside of 6mts its for you to prove it had an inherent fault at time of manu that has now presented itself.

and produce a report from an external business to say same.

then you might be entitled to a repair FOC and you report fee back.

have a good look on the internet.

see if the above is a well known documented issue.

then go from there.

though you might find that for the price a report will cost, with a bit more cash you can get a screen from ebay and get it fitted by them instead of the report?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...