• Tweets

• Just received the defence response from Evri. I'm surprised they are saying they don't have the parcel details etc, I've kept copies of emails and their responses where the parcel ID is mentioned. Regards, J 502MC299-claim-response.pdf502MC299-claim-response.pdf
    • i think you mean applicant not claimant above? section 127(3). readme HSBC/DG Claimform - old Credit Card Debt - Financial Legal Issues - Consumer Action Group  
    • Hi Lolerz Thanks for replying to me, yes I've been ignoring her & will continue to do so. All she keeps saying is they want to come up with an amicable settlement. Keeps saying this to our receptionist she shouldn't be saying this to a receptionist or even me in the first place as they have given no proof of anything no IP addresses noting just keeps saying about an amicable settlement.
    • If a DCA supplies a reconstituted copy of the CCA what would be the next step? It seems that a reconstituted copy must be a " true copy " of the executed agreement, it must contain the Prescribed Terms. But given that there is no copy of the applicants signature surely it could be an agreement form with the details filled in. How can it be assumed that this " copy " represents a true copy that the claimant has supposed to have signed. Cabot have demonstrated a bit of sabre rattling when they say "Until we're able to provide this information , your account is unenforceable. This means we're not permitted to obtain a County Court judgement against you . Whilst we cannot pursue legal action, your balance remains outstanding ". I looked up a case... Cabot UK Ltd  v  Bachellier (2010) which might help, but it's tough reading, I'd prefer to plough through War and Peace. This particular case with Cabot is not huge , approx' £140, but the only other worry that I have is also with Cabot...£2100. They may try to make a point with lesser case.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Old 2007 LLoyds loan..been paying Apex, now Robbersway want paying as well!!

Emma13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi..I'm a newbie here so thanks in advance for your help.

I got into financial trouble in 2007 with an unsecured loan my ex husband got me into (it's in my sole name).

I divorced my husband and missed payments on my loan.

It went into default.

Lloyds got Apex involved,

I made an agreement and started paying £60pcm.

Life moved on, the default timed out on my credit file, I moved house but carried on paying.

I struggled financially and lowered my payment to £50pcm.

1 year after lowering my payment brings me to present day.

Robinson Way have been calling me asking for me by my married name so i made the assumption its to do with this (i have no other unpaid debts).

I called them and they confirmed they were instructed by Lloyds in September to collect in excess of £17k

I'm still paying Apex!

I said I would not enter into a discussion and asked for a copy of the agreement this refers to,

a copy of the assignment for them taking this debt on and a statement of account.

They agreed and said my account would be put on hold whilst they gathered the info.

I asked for this to be put in writing to which they agreed.

I had to give my correct address for this to be sent.

Have I done the right thing?

Should I continue to pay?

Many thanks

urm.. apex are nothing to do with robbersway

pers i'd stop paying

which p'haps might have been a wise idea 10urs ago , but these things happen.

don't be speaking to these powerless DCA's over the phone nor email

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers.

might pay you to send an SAR to Lloyds

lets check all these payments to the other powerless lot Apex did actually get to Lloyds..[don't hold you breath!!]

read the SAR and all its posts carefully

esp if you have moved and legally in writing have not informed LLoyds you have.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thread title updated and moved to Lloyds forum

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Welcome to cag,

Unfortunately you've been cash cowed, for years!

Sray OFF the phone to the powerless parasites now, if they ring in future simply laugh and hang up.

When in 07 did you take this out and how? Online in the bank?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Wow thanks for your rapid reply!

I will get all payments checked, I'm assuming they have been taken into account as the balance is less than what it was.

I never informed Lloyds of my change to address ....I got caught up in trying to notify everyone else and as I was paying I thought no harm once I realised.

You refer to them as powerless but can they not get a ccj against me?

I'm really worried about this as I've worked really hard to get to a decent record and don't want them spoiling it

If I remember correctly it was online but I think I took it out about 2005 maybe 2006.

It was late 2007 when it defaulted

You're way ahead of yourself.

Get them to prove they have the documents to legally demand money off you first

Then there's the question of reclaiming any fees charges and ppi that was on the account.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If I remember correctly it was online but I think I took it out about 2005 maybe 2006. It was late 2007 when it defaulted

Cca request then, print one off and get it in the post tomorrow, get "proof of posting " which is free from the po counter, they then have 12+2 days to respond with the agreement, when they don't you can ignore them.

let's go with some know assumptions for the minute.

you didn't inform any of the owners of all your debts your new address when you moved

now that leaves you wide open for backdoor CCJ's

that's where everything is sent to the old address and the first you know about is a CCJ appears on your credit file and/or court bailiffs come aknocking

now...don't panic dear..:lol:

as you appear to have kelp a good handle on your credit file, should the above had happened you'd already know

and as its not...to date you've been lucky in certain aspects.

the only thing you need to doto check to be 100% sure is go look at your file and check your old address all show in the linked addresses section.

now Lloyds..or is it now owned by robbersway [HPH2 ltd]

if it was defaulted in 2007 it wont show on your file as the default has reached its 6th birthday and everything is removed

that doesn't mean a debt is not still owed, but atleast it bats away the threats these powerless DCA's can make by trashing your file again for the same debt..once gone..always gone!

robbersway have sent you the latest letter as a phishing trip.

and I suspect they now own the loan but the Notice of assignment was sent long ago to your old address and they've recently searched your credit file and seen the new one..

and as they don't usually chase debts for anyone bar their parent company HPH2 now a days,[it should state their client on the letter] ..odds on they [HPH2] own it.

so send robbersway a CCA request

they have 14 working days to comply

then we'll plan the next move once the 14 days expires and they fail [odds on they will]

dx

and they

Cca request then, print one off and get it in the post tomorrow, get "proof of posting " which is free from the po counter, they then have 12+2 days to respond with the agreement, when they don't you can ignore them.

Will do, thank you

let's go with some know assumptions for the minute.

you didn't inform any of the owners of all your debts your new address when you moved

now that leaves you wide open for backdoor CCJ's

that's where everything is sent to the old address and the first you know about is a CCJ appears on your credit file and/or court bailiffs come aknocking

now...don't panic dear..:lol:

as you appear to have kelp a good handle on your credit file, should the above had happened you'd already know

and as its not...to date you've been lucky in certain aspects.

the only thing you need to doto check to be 100% sure is go look at your file and check your old address all show in the linked addresses section.

now Lloyds..or is it now owned by robbersway [HPH2 ltd]

if it was defaulted in 2007 it wont show on your file as the default has reached its 6th birthday and everything is removed

that doesn't mean a debt is not still owed, but atleast it bats away the threats these powerless DCA's can make by trashing your file again for the same debt..once gone..always gone!

robbersway have sent you the latest letter as a phishing trip.

and I suspect they now own the loan but the Notice of assignment was sent long ago to your old address and they've recently searched your credit file and seen the new one..

and as they don't usually chase debts for anyone bar their parent company HPH2 now a days,[it should state their client on the letter] ..odds on they [HPH2] own it.

so send robbersway a CCA request

they have 14 working days to comply

then we'll plan the next move once the 14 days expires and they fail [odds on they will]

dx

Thank you

Yes there is no default anymore. That came off about 2014.

I haven't had a letter from them though as it's gone to my old address. I have only corresponded by phone so far. I have given them my correct address so they can send the request for info i asked for.

I can still do the CCA but I don't have a reference number.

Oh one other thing. Go save yourself £49...

If they do have paperwork - Drop payments to £1 forever... ;)

Completely legal to do and might be worth doing it.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Oh one other thing. Go save yourself £49...

If they do have paperwork - Drop payments to £1 forever... ;)

Completely legal to do and might be worth doing it.

Can they not still get a ccj though if they don't agree to that as an arrangement.

My priority is safeguarding my credit

Gotta have enforceable paperwork before they can!!

This is a loan from 2005 should have died years ago

Use the org Lloyds loan number if you have to

You dont need theirs

And stay of that phone from now on!!

and they

Can they not still get a ccj though if they don't agree to that as an arrangement.

My priority is safeguarding my credit

No, you're paying "something " so any judge would look at them and tell them to stop being greedy and be thankful youre paying them that !

still only have 12+2 working days

so if they fail you are quite within your rights to stop being used as a cash cow

and they

• 4 weeks later...

12+2 days expired following my CCA request and nothing received.

I have received a letter from RW saying they are still awaiting info from Lloyds therefore my account remains on hold.

My question is, what is the 12+2 for?

If in 6 months for example they provided the information then surely I would have to comply?

Thanks, really appreciate the help this group offers.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

12+2 working days is the time limit

If they fail they cant enforce until they do

Stop paying!!

If they ever do

Scan it up here 1st!!

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

Well it's been 2 months since my CCA request. I had a couple of letters saying they are still looking into things then today I have had a letter, on Lloyds headed paper but with RW address. It's confirming my balance and a statement from January 18. Only shows payments up to May but I didn't stop paying until October.

It's not confirming any agreement info or what I asked for so do I ignore this? Obviously it's asking me to get in touch to make an agreement, confirms interest is 0% and a bit of dignposting info.

Thanks

It's a statement they have to send if they consider themselves the creditor for fca rules..means nowt

and they

• 2 months later...

Good afternoon 

Well I thought things were going my way then boom! Letter on the doorstep today providing a copy of my original agreement and a statement of payments. Most payments are there bar 2/3 missing that was made before this all kicked off.

They are asking me to complete a financial breakdown and offer of payment with a warning that collection activity will begin in 30 days

What am I going to do! I really don't want them to ccj me as I've worked hard to get my credit to a decent state. I've re-read back through the replies I've had on this thread and can see I was told to offer £1 But I'm really worried they will still can me.

Help! 😢

Edited by Emma13
Typo

Scan it up to pdf read upload

and they