Paragon Loan advice needed urgently

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I would like some advice for a secured loan that was taken out by my ex-husband before coincidentally divorcing me a few months later.

The loan was taken out in October 2007 and now over 10 years later i have been paying and the balance has only reduced by £200!

I am extremely struggling with this and need to get this debt resolved as soon as possible can anyone please offer me some advice and guidance i have attached the enclosed paperwork.

Information:

My ex-husband never made a payment on the loan and was never on the mortgage or house documents,

the house is in my sole name bought before marriage,

i have told paragon to find him for payments however they are not interested and keep threatening to reposess should i not pay them £233 per month.

Doc3.pdf

removed the upload you name and ref no is showing

try and put those pix to full page before you save as .pdf

paragon are a nightmare 100's of like threads here already

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so does your name appear on the loan agreement? have you even seen it?

Now whe fraud is used to create binding terms it isnt automatically a dead duck so you may be liable but ahve you checked with the land regisrty to see if it is a charge on your property?

Also why havew you left it 10 yers before questioning it, that means you ahve accepted it is your problem when it may well not have been at the time.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi, thanks for your response.

so does your name appear on the loan agreement? have you even seen it? Yes my name is on it as well as my ex-husband i have attached a copy of the agreement received via a SAR request.

Now whe fraud is used to create binding terms it isnt automatically a dead duck so you may be liable but ahve you checked with the land regisrty to see if it is a charge on your property? yes it is on the land registry however the home is owned solely by me but this loan is on both our names

Also why havew you left it 10 years before questioning it, that means you have accepted it is your problem when it may well not have been at the time. By no means have i left it 10 years i found out about the loan when my ex-husband left and i was taken to court for re-possesion of my home since then i have been told i have no choice but to pay the £233.00 payment else my home will be reposessed. However the balance never drops ive been paying for years, in fear of losing the house. Bur its so difficult to manage these payments and all the balance has reduced by is £200 in 10 years!

You signed the agreement so accepted the terms at the time.

Ok, are you paying PPI on this and most of their fees arent allowed and interest on fees is also verboten. That means it will be possible to recalculate what you ahve paid and actually owe taking this into account.

Tally up the telephone call fees etc and ditto interest for such things and tell them that you dispute these charges. This is what I menan about leaving ti for so long, they will say that you knew all along and thus they dont have to consider your complaint as starting at month 1

also what interest rate are they using for their calculations, is it still the amount agreed back in 2007?

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for your response i just want to clarity all the fees for phone calls and the interest on these is not allowed?

is there any other fees that are included too

i will tally these up and then should i write to them to dispute these (is there some template i could follow).

Also the interest rate calculation i am not sure whether its the same as 2007 how can i check this?

No PPI on this loan from what i can see.

Thanks

yes all fixed sum penalty fees.

list what you see...

you use the cisheet or the statint sheet whichever gives the greater figure.

type in reclaiming charges

in the search CAG box of the top redtoolbar

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...