Caught using father's freedom pass - **SETTLED OOC**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I've been extremely busy the past week or so and have just only had enough time to dedicate to this case further.

The letter I have decided to email and send to them is below.

Please let me know if there is anything I can improve.

Thanks in advance.

To whom it may concern,

My TFL case number: XXXXXX

I write further regarding the letter I've received requiring me to attend court on XXXXX for travelling without having a valid ticket.

I want to deeply apologise for my actions once again. I hope to explain how a progression of this case into court would leave myself and my family in a very difficult situation. As a full-time student, I work part-time in order to help my family financially as my father is officially disabled and my mother is unemployed due to my father's disabilities. My job requires a clean record, thus a criminal conviction would be devastating, leading me to lose my job and cause my family to suffer heavily financially as I am the sole-income earner.

I'm also going to start a charity programme for young disabled children after graduation. A criminal conviction would prevent me from accomplishing this, which has been a huge passion in my life.

I have made a devastating decision which has haunted me since. I want to apologise for all the inconvenience that I have caused to TFL and the staff concerned.

I am happy to make immediate payment of all unpaid fares and any incurred costs that my actions have caused allowing this case to be settled outside of court and avoid a criminal conviction thereby allowing me to protect my good name.

I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I will ensure I won't be in the future. I sincerely hope you will accept my offer and settle this outside of court due to the circumstances I will face if this case proceeds further.

I would appreciate your consideration and I sincerely hope that you can show some leniency in this matter.

Yours Faithfully,

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Before getting into more detail, I'd like to say that I have successfully managed to convince TFL to allow this case to be settled outside of court with no legal action. I received this news by a letter today and I have to pay £xxx amount to settle the whole case. 

I advise everybody to read the below to educate yourselves a bit better in this situation.

Now, I received the court summons around a month or so ago.

I immediately called TFL from the number given above and explained to them how I am extremely sorry for what has happened and tried to explain my side and really showing my sincerity.

The person on the phone informed me that I must have extreme mitigating circumstances for TFL to even consider settling it outside of court also informed me that TFL do not discuss these situations over the phone. Calling them consistently to try get them to settle this case outside of court will not reach this result. I was informed that writing to them/emailing them is the only way for TFL to reconsider your appeal.

I sent off a letter and email to TFL with my apology and explanation and with my mitigating circumstances which were me losing my job to the criminal record and how my family rely on me financially which are obviously all true.

They then sent a letter back almost 2 weeks later stating that they don't believe that I will lose my job or struggle with my educational future and there was NO PROOF to state that this is the outcome.

Now, this is fully understandable as I didn't provide any proof to anything I said. 

I then sent off another letter/email to them with written proof from my company's HR that if any proceedings take place, I will lose my job with the company policy attached as well.

This is obviously not TFL's goal (leading you to losing your job from these cases) so they replied to me today with a letter stating that they have enough evidence to prosecute me but due to the mitigating circumstances, they will issue me a formal warning and demand full payment of all fares dodged within 10 days otherwise legal action will continue.

Please use the information above as only my experience with TFL. All of my mitigating circumstances are 100% truthful and I advise you all to be 100% honest with TFL. They have this law for a reason.

I would just like to thank everybody for their replies.

Especially, dx for his massive assistance in the beginning and everybody else who was supportive. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

• dx100uk changed the title to Caught using father's freedom pass - **SETTLED OOC**

listen ...this is wonderful news and I must personally thank you for actually bothering to come back and not only tell us the outcome [9/10 DON'T BOTH!!] but also the extremely useful information regarding HOW to communicate/deal with TfL toward getting the OOC.

I wont bang on about making a donation..

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A big Congrats to OP and thank you for updating.

I am in a similar situation of losing job - I also saw a case where strong evidence of losing job is presented but TFL still decided to prosecute, I am not sure why? Is it due to the nature/industry of the defendant's job?

I would really appreciate if anyone could advise whether I should mention and provide written evidence of losing job to TFL in my response to their first standard letter?

Thanks all in advance! reply here please