Fraud on eBay

just_jue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have run an eBay shop for over 15 years now and just had this happen to me:

A company purchased a 10kg Netgear switch in September.

Opens a case as they have changed has mind and returns item.

Item never arrives, the tracking number shows delivered, spoke to eBay twice before the dead line and told them this and got the normal brick wall approach.

Buyer then escalates the case and gets his money back.

Raise a claim with ebay and Royal Mail.

My local post woman finds the item, the buyer had sent it to another address, brought it to me this morning and it is a letter not the 10kg item I was expecting.

Ebay's fraud team are looking into this.

The return address on the letter is a youth group in London that as I can see has nothing to do with the company that brought the item.

In total it has taken up at least 3 hours of my time trying to get this sorted.

I am going to report this to Action Fraud as well, tempted to start court action for my time.

Rant over

JJ

well,

if it is a company have you looked up their address to see what sort of building it is based in?

If someone's house then lie a shop, nice and straightforward.

actionfraud only log crimes, they dont actually do anything about them so report to local police.

If the address is a shop them send a load of large people round just to stand in the doorway and look menacing and not doing anything other than suggesting to potential customers they might want to go elsewhere.

If the adress is a private house look up the people who live there on the electoral roll and send a letter to the miscreants mum as he will undoubtedly live at home with her.