Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Euro Car Parks - Sainsbury's - Golders Green (ANPR) - 614 Finchley Road, Golders Green, London, NW11 7RX

get them to show you the planning permission for their cowboy outfits's signage then

Default Re: Euro Car Parks - Sainsbury's - Golders Green (ANPR) - 614 Finchley Road, Golders Green, London, NW11 7RX

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    get them to show you the planning permission for their cowboy outfits's signage then
    I jumped the gun on that one a bit. I've already sent a FOIicon request off to Barnet Council. Found a letter someone else had sent asking the same questions which got a response and used that.

I did also check the planning applications, found plenty on the site, nothing for the car park, ANPR or signage.

FOIicon is a waste of time and not what we recommend on CAGicon

you need to either ring the relevant planning debt of the relevant council or go look on their website.
    or even better send a letter.

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

I will do that. Already looked at the applications on their website, nothing about the car park is mentioned. Not much time left now. Should I still appeal to ECP to delay the process?

wont matter a monkies they always reject.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    wont matter a monkies they always reject.
    I'm aware of that, but if I don't do anything, then I won't be able to get a POPLAicon code to waste their time and money. I've always thought the process was to appeal with any excuse and demand POPLA code where you appeal properly.

sure, my favourite one is my dog wanted to use the toilet in makky' ds
    doesn't really matter what you put,

let eb suggest

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

You should always just phone the planning people, they know a damned sight more than the lawyers in charge of the FOIicon section and you will get a speedy and sensible answer. However, my suggestion was to put doubt in the mind of Sainsburys head office by making it clear that as it is their land they are responsible for the criminality of theior servants not having the necessary permissions and thus leaving them open to legal action ( not actually that likely but they may consider they dont want to risk it and tell the parking cowboys to cancel). This is about making them think you know something they dont and using their social media pages to broadcast this may also do the trick.

As for appeal to get a POPLAicon code, stating your were given permission by the landowner to stay in their coffee shop (or any franchise on the site) will do, they wont accept it as they will claim you need to ask the parking co permission but ANPR actually rules out that option so the decision will look stupid in the long run. When you appeal to POPLA you can add all sorts of things such as demanding proof of authority etc that will create more work for them then it is worth so they may just decide to not contest the appeal.

Should I also mention to POPLAicon that the driver didn't park in their car park, and didn't even enter it and instead parked in front of the council owned garage which is beyond the ANPR? Oh and should the appeal to parking co be in letter or should I just follow their web appeal service?

Thanks!

You are not at POPLAicon yet, tell the parking co the vehicle didnt enter the land as specified and ask them to provide "strict proof" that it did. Let them know that as there was no contract to breach they have obtained your keeper details under false pretences and you will be seeking compensation for the breach of the GDPRicon.
    Complain to the council that ECP are demanding money from people visiting their property and demand that they get the planning peopel to enforce or make then cover up their cameras. Get on to the local press as well, they may have ahd a previous story on a similar thing.

Let Sainsburys know this as well and tell them that you are happy to speak publicly on this. their Corporate relations or press relations team should be your port of call now, not customer servicesicon.

Appeal sent to ECP today.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3