Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Euro Car Parks Ltd, ANPR PCN - sainsburys bolton Trinity

I have an over stay from Euro Car Parks from staying too long at a Sainbury's. I emailed their customer service (waste of time), but made it clear I didn't want any of my details passed on to ECP unless it is to instruct ECP to cancel the notice. This way they can't pass on details which would show you as the driver.

I was then contacted by someone from Head Office who want to know more about my complaint. (Not sure if I'm allowed to post email addresses here, but I can PM?)

I looked at the Bolton Store on Street view and I can see the entrance ANPR, but I cannot see the exit, since the car park slowly turns into another car park managed by another company and there are many ways to exit the ECP operated carpark.

Default Re: Euro Car Parks - Sainsbury's - Golders Green (ANPR) - 614 Finchley Road, Golders Green, London, NW11 7RX

After complaining to the Customer Service team, I got an email from the Head Office who want more details. I emailed back mentioning about the tax they are putting on their customers and some other points. I will update again once I have a reply from them.

Default Re: Euro Car Parks - Sainsbury's - Golders Green (ANPR) - 614 Finchley Road, Golders Green, London, NW11 7RX

I've also read the BPA Code of Practice, and realised that where they put the sign for the car park entrance is beyond the ANPR. the ANPR doesn't even cover if cars are entering the actual car park or not. There is no way that they can prove if any cars captured on ANPR even entered the car park. There is a a separate sign just before the ANPR that only covers parking in the service area.

I couldn't find this mentioned in the CoP, but is it worth complaining to the BPA about anyway?

You get the ticket sorted with Sainsburys befoe you start anything else.

Also consider who is trhe BPA paymaster, it is again sainsburys who should receive the complaint first so once your ticket is cancelled you can go on the attack.

By all means tell them when you give them more details that their pet aprking co is probably ticketing peopel who have not even visited their store and they are going to get the grief over it as some of the more rampant parking defenders wil try and get ticketed on purpose just to create a breach of the DPA and they will go after the store as they have more to lose than a mickey mouse parking outfit

Follows
    Following

Joey, we still need more detail about the location of the store i your thread.
    other than that advice the same at this stage, give Sainsburys a headache and get them to cancel and dont contact the parking co

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    Joey, we still need more detail about the location of the store i your thread.
    other than that advice the same at this stage, give Sainsburys a headache and get them to cancel and dont contact the parking co
    I have already, a mod updated the title with the full address, the NTK has the full address too, and I provided map links. Feel free to delete this post as not to go off topic.

Got a reply from head office. They said it was down to the customer to return within time. They offered to "discuss" it further with me if I send them a copy of the NTK.

I guess I better start the appeal process then?

I'm asking them again as I think she doesn't understand how the parking company works, also copied Mr CEO in this time too.

They're asking me to send them a copy of the NTK.

"In order for me to consider dismissing the car park fine you have received I would need to see a copy of the fine"

Did Sainsbury's call it a fine? That's sad.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Should I send a copy? or is that asking for trouble. I don't know what they want to see.

yes cant hurt

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

by all means and send a copy to the CEO of Sainsburys pointing out that it isnt a fine and that this ignorance of the difference is causing more trouble than the employment of third parties hell bent on making money out of their loyal customers itself.

"I am sorry as our current free parking is for the maximum 60 minutes and as you stayed for a total of 200 minutes on this occasion I will not be arranging to get your fine waivered."

fine?
    was that was sainsbury's??

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Yes 100%. It was someone from their head office.

that needs addressing..

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

I've explained that in my last email to them (after this one) and copied in the CEO again. I don't think I'm getting anywhere with them.

They have gone silent. I need to appeal this the normal way. What would be the next step? Appeal to ECP to get POPLAicon code?

About 10 minutes after that post, they replied. Same response but this time calling it a charge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast