Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2018

Default CPM - UK/gladstones PCN - one photo by shop assistant - now threats of court - should i reply??

Hi, please people need your help. received a lettericon from Gladstone solicitors.
    It refers to a parking notice.
    They said I owe 160 to DRP.

To date I have ignoredicon their letters but this is the first one from Gladstone.
    It mentions the case of Beavis
    It asked me to make full payment to DRP, if I dont in 14 days, I should keep them updated with address change so I can defend court proceedings.

There have only supplied one photo which was taken from the shop assistant of the rear of the vehicle.
    No times or anything.
    The signs were very unclear and small.

Do I pay?
    do I respond to Gladstone or do I just wait for the summons and defend in court?
    what are my prospects of success.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: CPM - UK/gladstones PCN - one photo by shop assistant - now threats of court - should i reply??

http://https://www.consumeractiongro...-Viewing)-nbsp

You dont pay no, and you certainly dont ignoreicon them.

Fill in the above link.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: CPM - UK/gladstones PCN - one photo by shop assistant - now threats of court - should i reply??

Thank you for your prompt response.

I called the petrol station and told them exactly that. However, she just said 'well its out of our hands now and I can't do nothing about it, you will need to contact them directly'.

Should I call / write to Gladstone, if so, what should I say?

Hi.

We need the information from the link in post #2 please, we can't advise without that.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi, when I click on the link it just says this page cannot be reached. Please help?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

That's great honeybee. Answers below:

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] - this was done by a handheld camera

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement[s] - 06/06/18

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - 12/06/18

3 Date received - 18/06/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] Yes - last para

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? just one picture of the rear of vehicle

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] - No
    Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up n?A

7 Who is the parking company? CPM - UK CAR PARK MANAGEMENT LTD

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] - 118 - 120 Wednesbury Road - petrol station

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. - only says operating in accordance to independent parking committees code of practice

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,
    please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

Received initial letter from CPM
    - saying pay 60 within 14 days or it will go to 100.

Then received a reminder and
    now received a lettericon from Gladstones to say contact Debt recovery plus limited.
    If I dont pay within 14 days, keep their client and Agents DRP updated with address.

Also, question 8 - just found it at the back of the letter - it is IAS.

hey that's great.

can I just be sure. you've not moved and gladdy's have the correct address?

if so ignoreicon now till/if you get a letter of claimicon from them.

who's the petrol station owners? ESSO

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: CPM - UK/gladstones PCN - one photo by shop assistant - now threats of court - should i reply??

thread title updated

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: CPM - UK/gladstones PCN - one photo by shop assistant - now threats of court - should i reply??

Hi DX, I can confirm I have not moved and they have indeed got the correct address. The petrol station is Harvest Energy and also they operate under Cornwall Garage Group.

So to confirm, don't to nothing, sit tight and wait for the locicon?

well if get a chance photos of all the signs and their position would be good.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi, once again thank you for your response.

I have attached the photo of exactly the photo on the day.

Next to my silver car, you will see a yellow bin, just above that towards the right is the sign.

I have lived round here all my life and I have never noticed it, it is barely visible, unless you start specifically looking for it.

Please find attached.

Attached Files Attached Files

Thread tidied

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

bit pixalated?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Will endeavor to get some more photos tomorrow morning. That pic was obtained from the letter which they sent me.

use the JPG file you uploaded before
    blot out the reg

convert to PDFicon and uploadicon

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Red face Re: CPM - UK/gladstones PCN - one photo by shop assistant - now threats of court - should i reply??

I think I finally done it, see attached

Attached Files Attached Files

Signage is definitley not compliant. That alone will kill a claim.

And Gladys saying you owe a DCAicon for a spurious speculative invoice to a totally different company? They're not very smart are they.

Might be worth an acidic letter to Gladdy's pointing out that they have no chance in court, sure ericsbrother will come up with a suitable response for the worlds worse solicitors.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

this is not a real threat of court action, it is a letter trying to coerce you into paying something you dont owe.

Now here is a question that hasnt been tested in court yet- what authority under the GDPR does the shop assistant ahve to pass on your personal data to UKCPM? is that person or business registered with the ICO to take such pictures for that purpose? I bet I know the answer and that menas UKCPM will have trouble explaining their role in this breach plus the one where they have lied to the DVLA to obtain your keeper details.

Problem is no-one ever gets done for such behaviour, at best someone sues them on rare occasions where the ICO should fine them say 500 per breach and assume that all similar incidents are equally unlawful and just hit them with a penalty that fits in with the number of events adn let them prove to the contrary.

also do you have proof that the NTK was delivered on the 18th as that is 1 day too late for a keeper liability to be created but as they arent above telling lies about the issue date just to try and get within the law it woudl be worth asking the DVLA who has accessed your data, when and for what stated purpose. the DVLA then send out a stock response about the law allowing peopel to ask so you may have to demand the information twice.

Gladstones are a firm of solicitors that own the IPC and have their registered office on a golf course somewhere They are acting as a rentathreat the same as DR+ but do so because they want to look big in front of their IPC members as they are actually quite bad at their day job.

Follows
    Following

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast