Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Dempseyja2 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2013

Default parking awareness/bw PCN claimform - overline - reads ave Blackpool.

hi
    could anyone help with a simple defence

over 2 years ago my friend parked his car and paid for his parking ticket,
    a few weeks later he got a letter from parking awareness saying part of his wheel was on the white line

he has ignoredicon all correspondence from this company,
    apparently they have a camera on this one spot because they know its a tight handle to park.

roll on 2 years they have now issued a claim through bw legal.
    we have read loads of complaints about this but cant find a suitable defence.

particulars of their claim.

1.the claimants claim is for the sum of 100. being monies due from the defendant to the claimant in respect of a parking chargeicon notice (PCN) issued on __/08/2016 at time at reads ave Blackpool. The PCN relates to car under registration ***********.

2.the terms of the PCN allowed the defendant 28 days from the issue to pay the PCN.
    but the defendant failed to do so.

3.despite demands having been made the defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability.

4.the claim also includes interest section 69 act at rate of 8% per annum a daily rate of 0.02 from 13/08/16.

5.The claimant also claims 60 contractual cost pursuant to PCN terms and conditions.

total claim 233.00

my friend has acknowledged the claim on Mcol so he needs a defence especially with this contractual cost.

thanks guys CPR31.4 sent to solicitors

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: parking awareness/bw PCN claimform - overline - reads ave Blackpool.

Moved to the correct forum
    Have you sent the specific ppc 31:14 from this forum

Two line defence is in most claimformicon threads here

What is the date top right of the form

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Dempseyja2 Novitiate

Default Re: parking awareness/bw PCN claimform - overline - reads ave Blackpool.

thanks for the reply date on the claim is 27nd september claim acknowledged on the 2nt october.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Good ages yet then
    Did you send the ppc version of CPR 31:14icon

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Dempseyja2 Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    Good ages yet then
    Did you send the ppc version of CPR 31:14icon
    Yes we did today

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

so BWL usual roboclaim with no mention as to why they are suing such as what contractual term you have breached or whether it si money due as a result of a contractual condition ( 2 separate things) also they dotn say in what capacity they are suing but it is presumed to be the driver as they cant add the 60 unicorn food tax where they rely on keeper liability, the law says so.

you wont get a response from the CPR 31.14 and that is good as you can then mention that in your outline defnec by stating they ahvent shown any authority that assigns them the right to enter into contracts adn make civil claims so you aver that they do not have the permissions and thus no locus standi.

Chances are all the paperwork will get filed and not read until later but if you are lucky the court will give a case management order forcing them to show their authorities or have the claim dismissed. They often give up at this point, not necessarily because they dont have some permission but because they dotn want their shaky contracts made public as then everyone who gets a similar demand will just tell them to get lost. They rely on fraud, misdirection and bluff to make their money, not a simple contractual agreement

Follows
    Following

Site Team silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2008

Blackpool seems to be the target at the moment. I have seen quite a few cases.

Can you say which car park it was. There are two. There is one behind an hotel which is easily missed and the other is next to Norwood hotel. This is the one I suspect is the one you used. If so, the contract has changed hands. It was ran by North West Car Parks Ltd (NWCP) which now means the signs will have changed. As far as I am aware PA have a court record of zero. I suspect that as they get closer to the court date, they will back off.

Were you just visiting? If so, getting up to date photos is going to be hard. As PA are members of the IPC they don't normally follow PoFA 2012 which means that they can only go after the driver, not the keeper.

A few more checks on the company is needed. Planning Permission for the signs being one.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor
    Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE
    Follows
    Following

Site Team silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2008

The site is located at 48 reads Avenue and there are no planning applications going back to 2011

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor
    Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Dempseyja2 Novitiate

hi all thanks for the reply ...my mates just away at the moment i will ask him which car park it was.. we was going to drive there on Wednesday we are only half hour away.

we wanted to take photos of the PCN notices and the width of the white lines.
    he also noted it was night time when he parked and visibility wad not good

when will the best time to get the defense in ?

Basic Account Holder
    Dempseyja2 Novitiate

yes he was visiting and stayed over night with grand children ...

not till day 33

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

might be best to getthe info too and fill this outicon please
    then there wont be any slip ups:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...ed-Aug-2016***

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Dempseyja2 Novitiate

Name of the Claimant ? PARKING AWARENESS SERVICES
    claimants Solicitors: BW LEGAL

Date of issue – 27TH SEPT

What is the claim for –

1.the claimants claim is for the sum of 100. being monies due from the defendant to the claimant in respect of a parking chargeicon notice (PCN) issued on __/08/2016 at time at reads ave car park Blackpool. The PCN relates to car under registration ***********.

2.the terms of the PCN allowed the defendant 28 days from the issue to pay the PCN.
    but the defendant failed to do so.

3.despite demands having been made the defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability.

4.the claim also includes statutory interest persuant to section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum a daily rate of 0.02 from 13/08/2016 to 26/09/2018 being an amount of 23.23.

5.The claimant also claims 60 contractual cost pursuant to PCN terms and conditions.

total claim 233.00

What is the value of the claim? 258.23

Has the claim been issued by the Private parking Company or was the PCN assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim ? PARKING COMPANY

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? NO

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details