Suspected as shoplifted & held by security guards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello sir

Am new to the forem, here's my story, last week I went to do some shopping in Lidl with baby while I was shopping my baby was crying & screaming all the time so I look one dress I kept in bag.. bcoz I can't hold shop bask

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Here's my story..

.. last week I went for shipping in Lidl with baby..

while I was doing shopping my baby was crying & screaming all the time..

.he took some put in our buggy..

.I throw then & there at that time I took one shirt and I put in my bag..

. bcoz I can't carry shop basket while handling my baby & I want to push buggy.

..she was keep on crying asking chocolate

...so I took biscuit open and gave to him.

.how cool down somewhat.

.but I gone frustrating in shopping

I went to counter to bill for the open biscuit packet..

.but I completely forgot that I kept dress in my bag.

..when was coming out alarm rung and security guards checked my bill and bag there that dress was there..

..so he took to back room said u shouldn't take item without paying intitally I told may wrongly my baby put.

..but he said if so I put Ur baby in child center.

..then I said I forgot completely that dress in bag bcoz my baby was crying all the time once I entered the shop.

...I apologize a lot to him.

..I told if I were a shoplifter why should I pay for the biscuit..

.it my mistake only that I forgot completely..

.I said to him...I pay for that dress more than twice...but he didn't say anything...

I was totally scared & body started shaking....as it's was the first o ever experienced....

He asked my address & date of birth .

..I gave he noted down another man was also inside told he took address bcoz you will get an letter.

..am totally scared

...and I beg the security person it my unknown mistake...

.I literally start crying also..

.but he said.

.mam u can leave now.

..bocz your baby is still crying...

No police involved..

. didn't asked to sign any paper..

..it's been ten days now from that incident.

.still I didn't get any letter from them.

But I still I can't come out from that incident...I can't eat & sleep properly...

My worry when I give my id my hubby name is also there....where he will get punishment for my mistake...

What they'll do with my address & dob...will they trace me or give complain to police will police knock my door...

In net I saw stories like in that all said.

..if security guards took address means they'll save in their store database as shoplifter.

...am not a shoplifter ����

How long will they keep my name in their database....

Will my name add in police record...will I get ban letter from lidl store

Am completely scared & worried a lot...pls help....

What he'll do with my address...also he noted u address and dob in rough(half A4 sheet) paper which in the table near to him.

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Threads merged and moved to the appropriate forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hello sir

Am new to the forem, here's my story, last week I went to do some shopping in Lidl with baby while I was shopping my baby was crying & screaming all the time so I look one dress I kept in bag.. bcoz I can't hold shop bask

Hi and welcome to CAG.

You will need to expand on this as I cannot understand what you are asking. I have to ask if your main language is not English? Not tht it matters as once we get the picture, we will be able to assist

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for the expanded explanation.

I'm not sure who Lidl use for civil cases as it's one of the stores that don't come up very often. The biggest player is RLP but there are a couple of smaller companies that do the same. Either way, you can ignore them as they have no power over you. They cannot force you to pay a penny. Only a court can do that and retailers are very reluctant to go down that route as it will cost them more than they could ever recover from you.

Any money claim is via a county court. This has nothing to do with the criminal court where fines can be imposed so don't worry about that.

RLP have a database (alleged as no proof this exists) which they store the details of apprehended individuals. They cannot divulge any details without your permission but they can to the police. The police won't use their database because it isn't a database of convicted shoplifters, only alleged so don't worry about that either.

Try to put this behind you if you can. Nothing serious will come of this except your stress levels. If you find you are not coping well, please see your GP and tell them. They are experienced enough to help and it's confidential.

Don't bother going into Lidl for around a year. That gives them time to forget what you look like. Aldi is just as good and their Farmhouse bread is to die for :-)

If you did go into Lidl, the worst they could do is ask you to leave.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks a lots Sliverfox1961 for your quick reply and kind words, Am bit calm down now.... As you said lidl wont any case against me....but why they took my personal details... as i begged and explained a lot....that my unknown mistake.....will security save my name as shoplifter in their system.......if so...how long will they keep my name in their database.....

You also said RLP do have database...in that will they add my name ( am not a shoplifter at all...i dont want my name tagged as shoplifter ;(....) if my name in RLP database for how long will they keep my name...

If i didnt to lidl for a year...will they remove my name both Lidl and RLP...

Also am scared.... when i shown my council bill as ID proof...my husband name is also there....does security will take his name also...while writing my name....for my mistake my husband shouldnt get affect.....

Sir also i would like to ask one more qus... you said not to go for one year to lidl shop..... we got two lidl store in our high street....in big one only near to my home I get caught....the small one is little far in high street..... my question ....i shouldnt go to the small one...because am having baby any emergency case can i go to that small one....because all time i cant depend my husband.....

do they share my pic and details to their near by branch.....

can i go to other shops rather than lidl.....will lidl share my details to other shops in high street....would they treat me as shoplifter....actually....am not shoplifter....it was my bad day....;(

They cannot contact your husband as that would be a breach of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as it is you that was apprehended. I do recommend that you explain to him what you have said here as that will help you to be able to discuss it UNLESS your husband has a temper then keep quiet.

This database. As nobody has confirmed it actually exists, we have to assume it does. Any name stored on it will be there for six years. As mentioned, it cannot be disclosed to anybody (apart from the police) without your written permission. The chances are that nobody will ask so that is nothing to worry about and of course you can refuse permission when asked.

Sharing of pictures is something that has been done within the same group of companies and if there is a shopwatch/storewatch scheme in the area, they would share it to them too. You didn't say they had taken your picture so if you are referring to CCTV, that won't be used as it has other shoppers visible.

I can't say for sure that by you going into the other store that you will not get asked to leave. That is something you would have to try and see what happens.

You are free to enter as many other stores as you wish. You have only been barred from Lidl.

As an aside, you could write to Lidl head office explaining what happened and offer an apology. It was not your intention to steal but the situation you were in at the time caused you to get flustered and you forgot about the dress. You never know, Lidl might have someone who understands and not treat everybody as a shoplifter. Any CCTV will have been stored by the shop so the head office can view it at any time. Up to you of course.

Thanks again sliverfox1961, I informed to husband immediately once i came out from the shop.... that what and all happened....he understood my situation...with baby...he asked me did you explained to the security....I told to him...i explained to the core...

The security just took my address and DOB...and told me to leave....by saying...mam you can leave now...as your baby is still crying...in soft voice......he was not harsh to me....

He didnt call cop, he didnt take my picture.....he (security) didnt say any word that am banned from store or you will receive ban letter from store (another staff who stands near to him said that you get ban letter) also they didnt ask me to sign in any form..... what does these means...am not convicted....they wont add my name in any record.

my doubt is will they take my picture from cctv and share .... we are planning to go back to our country and extend our visa...will RLP store me name for six year in there records as you said...will that affect my visa process and am trying for job will that record too affect...

since i didnt any letter......as for now am not stored in any database....if i get a letter form store then only my name will added in "store as well as in RLP"

also planning to take schengen visa will this incident affect me to get visa

pls guide me, Thanks

@Sliverfox1961....You suggested to write a letter to head office to explain what happened and offer an apology, should i write before i get a letter .... if i didnt get any letter from lidl...shall i leave, forgot this incident and move away.....

If i wrote letter...after that will they remove my name from their database

If i didnt get any letter...that means can i assume that security didnt save my name in their store internal database??????also in RLP

Pls guide me sir

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

If you read around other threads where a visa was worried about, you will see that they had no problems and neither will you. there is no OFFICIAL record of this so on any visa application you can truthfully say that you have no convictions.

I must have mis read you original post as I assumed you have been banned. You haven't been but that doesn't men that you can go back to the store (just in case) but there is nothing stopping you going to the other store nor any reason to not go into any store you wish to go. No photograph was taken so there will be no images of you anywhere.

It may be that the security staff decided not to do anything and may have believed you. Just a case of wait and see if anything comes in the post. RLP tend to write within two to three weeks.

You really do need to read up on what security staff powers are. very simply-very little. They cannot fine you. They cannot put your name on any database (only RLP do that) They cannot add anything to any official database so there is nothing to worry about. You may get a ban letter, you may not but for now, stay away from the store.

Finally and I'm going to shout out off the rooftops. THIS WILL HAVE NO, NONE, ZERO, NADA, ZILCH AFFECT ON ANY VISA APPLICATION. You will have had trouble if the police were involved but they weren't so you are all clear to apply and never mention this on any form. Is that clear enough?

Ignore what I said about writing a letter. I was unsure of the full situation. Remember, your details will be stored by RLP only and ONLY if Lidl passed this over to them. Lidl do not have their own shoplifter database so they cannot remove your name as it wasn't there in the first place.

You will make yourself ill by questioning every thought. What's done is done. Move forward. nothing serious will ever come of this, believe me. I have been doing this for a long long time!

no.... I never enter to that shop...here after.....thanks for answering my visa doubt

Thanks a ton for answering above all my questions.....

..now am feeling very lite after ten days....

one last question,

As you said...i may or may not receive ban letter after two/ three weeks....

.If i didnt receive any letter after two/ three weeks means..

... I can take that as..

.lidl didnt pass my details to RLP and RLP didnt have my details as record...

.is that correct sir?

Thanks again for your patient answering.

Ill update to you sir once i may or may not receive letter from RLP.

And one small request please dont post our conversation in open forum..... I wish anyone to see my story while googling.

Thanks once again for all your valuable answer and guidance.. all your words put me to come back for normal life.

Am so thankful and grateful to you.

I forgot to tell from the past two days am getting call from a number named private number..

is that police number.....is police trying to call me......will police call me to enquire after one week... where i came from lidl

pls help me sir...am so scared, nervous and shivering

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

Nothing to be scared about

No one can do anything..

If gou want pm me the number and ill check it

But it wont be rlp no

Who you totally ignore...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Totally unrelated

Probably a ppi reclaim sc@mmer

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What to do today also if I get call from private number???

Should I attend or Ignore...

.sry for asking many questions..

. we're new to this country..

..we don't know such things and all..

that's why am seeking help from you guys

What to do today also if I get call from private number??? Should I attend or Ignore....sry for asking many questions... we're new to this country....we don't know such things and all.. that's why am seeking help from you guys

I don't answer calls from private / withheld numbers. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

As already mentioned, the likelihood of you getting a phone call from anyone is slim. I get lots of private number calls on my phone. Very few are sc@mmers (unless you are/were a customer of Talk Talk) If you answered and it is RLP (or one of the others, simply one of two things.

1 "In writing only"

2 " Eff off"

Both routes will work. In the UK, lots of firms are not allowed to hide behind a withheld number. Some NHS services do hide the number (My GP does this) and they are allowed.

All you need to remember is that these people have NO power over you. Just because they may say they have, they are lying. One of the worst things about the English language is the ability to use various words to imply one thing when in reality, it means something else.

At the moment, none of us can say for certain that any civil recovery company will get involved so it's a case of wait and see but try not to worry about something that may not happen. It's pointless to do so.

One other thing. You mention that you don't wish to have this thread on the forum. Unfortunately, this already happened when you posted the first post. It doesn't matter either way. You won't be identified. You are one in millions of possibilities so no need to stress over that. Also, the fact that your post is in the open means that you get advice from others who have experience and not just from a few of us.

authorities are no longer allowed to use anon numbers FWIW

don't think RLP have ever rung anyone either

it'll be a PPI sc@mmer.

and they

Ok...Thanks a lots for your reply.

As already mentioned, the likelihood of you getting a phone call from anyone is slim. I get lots of private number calls on my phone. Very few are sc@mmers (unless you are/were a customer of Talk Talk) If you answered and it is RLP (or one of the others, simply one of two things.

1 "In writing only"

2 " Eff off"

Both routes will work. In the UK, lots of firms are not allowed to hide behind a withheld number.

Some NHS services do hide the number (My GP does this) and they are allowed.

All you need to remember is that these people have NO power over you. Just because they may say they have, they are lying.

One of the worst things about the English language is the ability to use various words to imply one thing when in reality, it means something else.

At the moment, none of us can say for certain that any civil recovery company will get involved so it's a case of wait and see but try not to worry about something that may not happen. It's pointless to do so.

One other thing. You mention that you don't wish to have this thread on the forum. Unfortunately, this already happened when you posted the first post. It doesn't matter either way. You won't be identified. You are one in millions of possibilities so no need to stress over that. Also, the fact that your post is in the open means that you get advice from others who have experience and not just from a few of us.

Thanks a lot for all yours reply

Hello everyone.....

Today I received a first letter from RLP say that "your conduct gives our client the right to pursue a civil claim for damages against you in the COUNTRY COURT as this caused significant disruption to our clients business at those premises"

Also they claimed 150£.....to pay....

Am scared and questions...is this letter to ignore because they claim penalty through "Country court"....am scared about the word country court

Pls help me

as we've said THEY can't do nowt only the store can

if you go look at other RLP threads here you will see EXACTLY the same letter word for word here in numerous threads

totally IGNORE

and they

Let's make this clear. RLP can do nothing. All they can recommend is that Primark take action in the county court and Primark don't do court.

To clear up any other confusion. A county court has nothing to do with a criminal court so no criminal record would ensue if a court case was made (it won't)

Have a look at this thread.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?356933-Oxford-Retail-Loss-Prevention-A-Retailer-**-reveiwed-September-2015-**&p=3898857&viewfull=1#post3898857

A long read but well worth doing so. The case above is why no county court cases have been made since 2012. If Primark were so certain of their position, they would go to court but as we know, security costs are already factored into the prices people pay at the till. They cannot chase for the loss of goods as they had them back so all they can try is the security aspect.

Ignoring the letter is always the best option with bottom feeders.