Suspected as shoplifted & held by security guards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Assuming they are following the general guidelines from the Information Commissioner, they hold the data for as long as there is a reason to do so. In reality, RLP will give up the chasing eventually so that is the time they 'should' delete the data but I bet they won't. In general, this could be up to six years.

The implications for you? None whatsoever. They cannot divulge any data to anyone (the police being the exception) without your permission. This database is not open to the general public to view either so nobody will know what happened.

In other words, DX's post says it all.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi , In their site says,The right to erasure-the right to ask that the data be deleted...is this true....

How can we approach them for deleting my data.... if I request in written form to delete my data from their database....will they consider my request..and will they delete my data...or for deleting my data will they ask me to pay the claim...if I pay will they delete my details from their database.

very very sorry being annoying...my name in RLP database makes me wounding & worrying ....that's why am seeking help from you guys.

Thanks

no-one bar RLP can see it

forget it exists

data protection act.. you must give permission for it to be shared.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi , In their site says,The right to erasure-the right to ask that the data be deleted...is this true....

How can we approach them for deleting my data.... if I request in written form to delete my data from their database....will they consider my request..and will they delete my data...or for deleting my data will they ask me to pay the claim...if I pay will they delete my details from their database.

very very sorry being annoying...my name in RLP database makes me wounding & worrying ....that's why am seeking help from you guys.

Thanks

This alleged database (no one knows if it actually exists) cannot be seen by anyone without your permission. You have no need to worry about anyone seeing this information.

In general, banks tend to keep your data for as long as they need to so if you have been a customer of a bank for 20 odd years, that is how long they have held your data.

Data should only be held for as long as needed. This could be 6 months or 6 years. If RLP decided to no longer pursue you, they would have no grounds for holding on to your data and then it should be deleted. I would suspect they would hold your data for no more than 6 years but as no one can see it, there is no need to worry about it.

After all that waffle, don't stress over this database. It cannot harm you.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks Sliverfox1961 for your detailed explanation...am clear by words that my details they hold will not affect me in anyways....

but only one thing which is killing me is they'll hold my data for 6 years....they should delete once they give up writing letter to me....

for holding my data for long time... I cant do nothing...to delete it..anyhow thanks a lot for patient replies.

am so..... so.....thankful to you.

Thanks

-

It doesnt wxist ignore

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they have a sister company that makes all sorts of promises to potential employers as long as that company pays them a small fortune for this marvellous information.

The problem for RLP is that to pass it on will land them in prison and the company receiving the info a fine of maybe millions so what use is threatening people they will be on this database other than to scare you into paying them money they dont deserve?

basically that is their business plan

- frighten people into paying them because those who pay up clearly dont know the truth or their rights.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

nope

and they

:noidea::noidea:

but if they are reading this thread

they can see what a panicker you are

and will probably keep doing so as they know you aren't paying a blind bit of notice to anyone that's posted advice here since post 2 …=.IGNORE IT.

and they

That is a good point raised by DX. These forums (Fora?) are open for all to see which is why we rely on anonymity. RLP do read these threads and no doubt gnash their teeth at the loss of revenue we help create.

I hope one day that we on CAG have the affect of closing this type of company down. I am waiting for one case of wrongful detention and letters from RLP to think about a case for harassment against RLP. That day can't come soon enough.