3rd Work Capability Assessment

Beckz1205
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had my 2nd WCA in December 2017 after filling in and returning my 2nd ESA50 form.

The assessment went well and in February 2018 I received a letter from the dwp saying I was in the work related group and I would have an appointment with my advisor soon.

I received a letter with an appointment in August.

I went to said appointment although I was given the wrong information and told my advisor wasn’t in

(even though I found out later he was in the building the whole time)

and was sent to see someone else who saw me for 5 mins and took a few basic details.

Now in September I have received my 3rd ESA50 form.

I don’t understand why I am having to fill out this form AGAIN and potentially have another WCA when it hasn’t even been 12 months since my last one AND I haven’t even seen my job centre advisor in that time, so I have essentially had no support from them.

Has anyone else had more than one WCA or have any information about why I might need to have another etc? TIA

Beckz

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I had no support from them.

Has anyone else had more than one WCA or have any information about why I might need to have another etc? TIA

Beckz

What I think has happened is that you were placed in WRAG for a 6 month review period and have therefore received another ESA50 to complete. Just complete it as fully as you can to confirm your current position and in due course they will arrange another assessment.

The issue you have is that DWP have been closing ESA offices around the UK and also Job Centres have moved on to dealing with Universal Credit. Therefore there is not much focus on ESA claimants. The ESA office requesting the latest WCA are probably different to the office that has dealt with your ESA claim previously.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hi beckz, i totally understand your frustration and all i can say is they havnt a clue what they are doing at the dwp and i know that for certain. in the last 6 wks ive called them 6 times to ask why they want to asseess me when i retire in 7 wks and not one person could tell me why. after speaking to assessment centre yesterday i was told by them and i qoute, its because you will be on esa untill you retire so i said yes in 7 wks and thats official and then the lady just said yes i know. if they are desperate enough to try and take 5 wks money of me they must be pretty desperate as thats whats its all baout stopping folks money. my assessment apointment is the 24th oct and i retire the 1st dec so by the time im assessed and report go,s in ill be finshed. its all a mess in the dwp and i dont envy anyone who has dealings with them as im sure they dont read anything its all computerised.

It is extremely frustrating! If I was placed in the Wrag group for a 6 month review period then surely they should have told me that in the letter I received after my assessment. My condition hasn’t changed in that time- I suffer from epilepsy( which is triggered by stress!) and anxiety and depression. As far as I’m concerned they have not done what they claimed they would and “support” me to get back into work. How do I know if my job centre are changing to UC and is that replacing esa?? The system is so messed up.

As I said this is the third time I have filled out the esa50, so does this mean they will just keep re-assessing me over and over??
who knows and even if you call and ask them you wont get a staright answer. ive called them quite a few times the past 6 wks and stilll havnt got an answer . i suppose i cant complain as i was awarded esa support group 4 and a half years ago and this is my 1st assessment but a complete waste of time in my view as i retire very soon and each time i ask why are you wasting time and money assessing me withonly wks untill i retire they have no answer. the dept is not fit for purpose and its not about helping the folks on benefits anymore its finding a way to stop or reduce their money end off. with the help of folks on here ive now got my assessment moved to worcs but had no help or answers from dwp. ive not heard of anyone being assessed so often as you but maybe some-one on here might have more input. i know its very frustrating and worrying but hold on in there and sure all will come good for you.

Please please please ensure you complain to your local MP, keep them in the loop.

You never know they might even help ?

The DWP isnt fit for purpose and their only role now is to persecute the weakest poorest members of society.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!