PayPal Account Permanently Limited - Multiple Accounts

Amern
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have two PayPal accounts. One for my address in the Philippines and one for my address in the UK.

The only account i have used is the UK account. I opened my Philippines account after being instructed to do so by somebody at PayPal as the item I was trying to purchase could only be purchased from a Philippines PayPal.

I still could not make the purchase using the Philippines account and the account was never used. The account was opened over a year ago and has not been touched since I tried purchasing the item.

I received an e-mail from PayPal today telling me that because I have two accounts, my account is permanently limited and I will have to wait 180 days to get my money back. I have over £2500 in my account, so it is not as though they have taken a small amount of money.

I have already contacted PayPal. They have told me to wait up to 72 hours for them to get back to me.

What are my chances of getting my money back sooner than six months? If this money is stolen for so long, my income will be decreased dramatically, I will no longer be able to afford my rent and I will have to borrow money for a flight back to the UK.

they tend to be pretty quick when they realise its their mistake.

its not as if they wont have records of giving you the advice to open the philly one.

have you evidence like saved messages?/emails? at the time

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have no evidence as I was told to do this over the phone. The call took place over a year ago, so I doubt that they will still have this recording.

Also, I have found out that apparently I have another PayPal account using the same e-mail address, which I have never used and do not even recall creating. It may have been a failed attempt at creating the Philippines account upon their request.

The appeal has been denied without any reason given.

How do I proceed from here?

They instructed me to open a new account, then seized funds from my account the second they had a balance worth stealing.

They claim they need to retain the funds in case there are any disputed payments, but I have no payments that can be disputed.

PayPal have had the sense to allow me to withdraw my funds due to not having any payments that could be disputed. However, I am still banned for life for creating a second account for my address in a different country, despite it being unused and only doing this because they told me that I had to.