Cash Back on camera wrongly advertised***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I August I went to a local camera shops and brought a Sony camera.

In the shop it was advertised at £239, when I went to pay it came up at £279 I asked why this was and was informed that the price advertised was with a £40 cash back that I had to claim back from Sony after 30 days.

When the 30 days had passed tried claiming the cash back and the camera was not listed.

Spoke to the shop and they are not doing anything about this, sent them a formal complaint saying I was not happy about the service I received and have not heard nothing back.

I paid via my credit card.

Is there a way or seeing what a web site was displaying a couple of months ago, to see if they had the camera advertised then with the wrong information.

Thanks

JJ

You would certainly need to present some evidence to support what you say.

Which shop are you dealing with?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for that.

The problem I have they advertised it as having cash back, but when I went on the Sony website the model I purchased wasn't eligible for the cash back.

The shop had wrongly advertised it.

JJ

Have a word with your credit card...section 75 claim

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Your word against theirs.....the reason you opted for the camera....you have documented evidence you tried to reclaim from Sony

Okay whats the name of the retailer ?

• 4 months later...

Just to give you an update.

I spoke to my credit card company and they claimed the £40 back from the retailer and they didn't contest it so finally got the money back I was promised

Well done and many thanks for the conclusion...thread title updated.

Regards

Andy

• Andyorch changed the title to Cash Back on camera wrongly advertised***Resolved***