2015 PCN Edinburgh - Pollock Fairbridge Schiavone Solicitors threatening court action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, apologies for randomly contacting you

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?488162-VCS-final-demand-before-court-action

- I have received a similar letter from PCN today re a PCN in Edinburgh from May 2015-

can I ask what you did re your case?

It was def my car, but I was not driving it at the time of the PCN!!

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

you are in Scotland...IGNORE!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI,

I have just received a letter from Pollock Fairbridge Schiavone Solicitors with a heading - "DO NOT IGNORE - DEMAND BEFORE COURT ACTION". Reply within 7 days of letter dated 3rd October, I received it on the 8th.

This apparently relates to a parking charge on 9th May 2015 in Edinburgh, and associated reminder letters. PCN was £100, and with a debt recovery fee of £60 , totalling £160 due.

Although the car was mine at the time, I did not leave it there for the alleged time and I cannot remember which of the 4 people on my car insurance at that time, who was driving it.

Letter from the Solicitors has a very threatening tone, and to be honest I am not sure whether I am being scammed or whether these monies are actually due to them.

The original ticket - and any letters that were received relating to it - I do not have.

Help please. Before I head to a solicitors and incur even more costs.

Thank you.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?488162-VCS-final-demand-before-court-action

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

please complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

and scan up this silly letter to PDF please

read upload

thread title updated

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok short response.

" I was not the driver at the time, tell your client, Simple Simon, to go and bother the person who was."

as for you playing grandmothers footsteps by saying it could have been w,x,y or z as they are insured, I am insured to drive your car and people without insurance such as police officers and soldiers under orders can do so as well. You dont need to say anything, there is no keeper liability so it is for them to show who was driving at the time, not for you to give them clues.

And for their imaginary costs, they arent going to win a court claim so no costs apply

your circumstances are vastly different as the law in Scotland is very different.

So far all you have got is hot air delivered by RM but tell us all about the event and we can tailor a suitable response should one be needed

Thank you for your help here.

I am really worried about this.

I did receive a PCN and a further request for payment but was advised that this was not actionable in Scotland

- ie I didn't have to pay, and I did not leave my car there.

It was definitely there apparently but not by me.

I have no idea where the original paperwork is as I probably binned it after a year.

I suppose, being an avid TV watcher, that I am concerned I will get a bad credit score (after 5 decades of having a good one) and that the case will be taken to court and judged without my knowledge. M

unless they get a decree, which they cant, nothing can show on your credit file.

and you will never need a solicitor no matter what happens

IMHO you've ignored to date.

you are in Scotland POFA etc does NOT apply so they cant just take you to court assuming you were the driver even if they could.

and

as there is no such thing as trespass in Scotland so again that's the only other reason they could do court...so it aint going nowhere.

if you could possibly scan up this letter you got to PDF please so we can see it [read upload] we can better advise.

as long as they have your correct address, i'e you've not moved since the event and you car is registered to your present address and not an old one then their is nothing they can do without you knowing about it.

so...absolutely nothing to be worried about....you continue to ignore

dx

and they

I am sorry I have tried to upload the letter with no success - obviously not to pc literate. I have taken a photo with my phone but am happy to type the whole thing in this text box thingie if that would work? And thank you SO much for your help so far. M

have you redacted the photo so all pers info is blocked out

if so use officelense program rad the guide

and they

so what? there is no POFA in Scotland so they cant win that argument.

Send what I have written and stop fretting about stuff you see on the telly that has no bearing on your case.

The more strident you are the less likey they are to want to start a fight they cnat win. They use the threat fo court to coerce you into paying money you dont and cant owe but that abuse of process wont stop because it works 85% of the time. Be part of the righteous minority.

BTW Simon Renshaw-Smith is the owner of VCS, Excel, Mr Clampit and other companies. He has in the past told judges they dont knwo their job and then wonders why he loses his speciosu claims. Using a soliciotr to write a threatogram is designed to make you think there must be some gravitas to this. Nope, soliciotrs just rub their hands and count the money without giving a s*** about the morality ior rights of the claim.

Thank you for your help here.

I am really worried about this.

I did receive a PCN and a further request for payment but was advised that this was not actionable in Scotland

- ie I didn't have to pay, and I did not leave my car there.

It was definitely there apparently but not by me.

I have no idea where the original paperwork is as I probably binned it after a year.

I suppose, being an avid TV watcher, that I am concerned I will get a bad credit score (after 5 decades of having a good one) and that the case will be taken to court and judged without my knowledge. M