Parking Lie ANPR PCN Gosport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just before I appeal the invoice, I notice that it says ''If you were the driver at the time of the parking event you are required to pay or appeal the parking charge.''

What if I wasn't the driver? It doesn't say anything about how to appeal if you're the keeper?

So here is my appeal,

Dear ,

I refer to your letters dated 05/10/18 and 14/10/18.

As you have provided no instructions on how to appeal as the keeper this matter is now closed.

I look forward to your timely response that this is now closed, or should you feel that you would like to persue this matter, I look forward to the POPLA code.

Regards,

Registered Keeper.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

because the keeper in the eyes must name the driver

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

because the keeper in the eyes must name the driver

Oh well, they're going to be disappointed then :-D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sent PE an appeal online and by letter, the LA enforcement team from planning are going to visit the site this week and will keep me informed.

• 3 weeks later...

Received PE rejection letter with POPLA code.

As a GOGW they've kindly extended the discount period, unfortunately my discount is 100% of theirs.

What shall I put in my appeal to POPLA?

Do l say the signage and camera equipment are unlawful as they dont have PP?

well believe it or not popla sided with a punter recently that pointed out they had no valid 2018 contract of recent.

not sure about signage PP etc though.

see what EB says

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well believe it or not popla sided with a punter recently that pointed out they had no valid 2018 contract of recent.

not sure about signage PP etc though.

see what EB says

:thumb:

I would first state you do not believe that they have a contract with the landowner and put this to "strict proof". This is often overlooked these days

Then go with an image of the first sign saying may stay 45 mins without the mention of the penalty ( that is what it is as it is an unlawful demand) and that as there was no mention of any charges on this sign then they ahve fallen foul of the Consumer Rights Act regarding unfair trading terms.

then add that as the sigans and equipment dotn have planning permission so they cant offer a legal contract and you cannot be therefore be bound by it as a criminal compact.

With a bit of luck the council may well get back to you before POPLA make their decision and you can add this to your appeal ( they may well still be bound by their remit to ignore it but they will look stupid). Now POPLA have a habit of showing your evidence to the parking co but not theirs to you (ie you dot get to see the contract and often POPLA dont pick up on expired ones). I would invite them to send you the entire bundle or you do not consent to PE having any of your personal data passed to them by POPLA

POPLA Appeal.

I do not believe that Parking Eye have a contract with the landowner and put this to strict proof.

This is the sign placed at the entrance of the car park, which is only visible from one direction, it fails to mention a penalty and has no mention of any charges which is an unfair trading term under the Consumer Rights Act.

20181008_180643.jpg

The signage and equipment erected by Parking Eye does not have planning permission therefore they cannot offer a legal contract nor can I be bound by it as a criminal compact.

I would expand on the first point to use the usual words of no contract with the lnadowner that assigns the right to enter into contracts with the public and to make civil claims in their own name. So mush more limiting as to what the parking co can claim otherwise POPLA may accept they had a contract with LL but didnt ask to see if they were merely agents or had rights.

secondly the sign is NOT a contract but an "invitation to treat" and as there are no mention of any charges then the motorist is not obliged to consider any other signs as the offer doenst prohibit parking without accepting the contract offered elsewhere.

Then find out which parts of the CRA apply for unfair terms and clauses that arent in the original offer.

Laslty mention the 2007 Town and Country Planning Act when referring to planning. they will claim they are allowed to put htheir signs up as deemed consent but the wording of the act makes it clear they arent if you apply the correct group. It isnt a bus stop or fire exit warning sign, it is an advert and that was decided in Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball co if they want people to be bound by their scribble so cnat ahve it both ways

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, couldn't update my original appeal, however this little beaut turned up in my inbox today........

Parking Eye Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

Still no word from the LA and the legality of PE equipment.

But am guessing its because of them that PE have scurried back under their rock?

TBH as POPLA's remit is so limited PE may well have got that decision but what they have realised is that you know that they DONT have the necessary permissions ect and there is no point trying to bully you into paying as it would only end in costing them a small fortune and a possible halt to their continued money grabbing from the unsuspecting. Drop this and keep the gravy train rolling...

My thoughts exactly, what's one non payment when they have hundreds of others they can fleece.

Plus the missus has banned me from baiting PPC's,....