Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Parking Lie ANPR PCN Gosport

The LA are going to get back to me next week, l said that they need their own PP for their signs and eqpt, and the response from them indicates that they don't have it and are therefore acting unlawfully.

The enforcement team are now looking into it, as the only PP on their website is that of Halfords obtaining permission to erect a lit sign, back in the last decade.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

good, it is rare for the local council to bother to do anything as they ahve bigger things to waste their time on like making sure people dont paint their window frames the wrong colour.

LA have responded and can confirm that there is no PP, they have checked back to 2000.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Follows
    Following

good, hopefully they will do what Nottingham council did and amde them stop their activities and apply for PP and then refuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    good, hopefully they will do what Nottingham council did and amde them stop their activities and apply for PP and then refuse it.
    That is funny!

I should start the ball rolling really and appeal.

Dear bill & ben,

I refer to your correspondence dated ddmmyyyy the contents of which have been noted.

There is no keeper liability, I look forward to receiving the POPLAicon code.

Regards
    The keeper.

Follows
    Following

Just before I appeal the invoice, I notice that it says ''If you were the driver at the time of the parking event you are required to pay or appeal the parking chargeicon.''

What if I wasn't the driver? It doesn't say anything about how to appeal if you're the keeper?

So here is my appeal,
    Dear ,

I refer to your letters dated 05/10/18 and 14/10/18.

As you have provided no instructions on how to appeal as the keeper this matter is now closed.

I look forward to your timely response that this is now closed, or should you feel that you would like to persue this matter, I look forward to the POPLAicon code.

Regards,
    Registered Keeper.

Follows
    Following

because the keeper in the eyes must name the driver

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    because the keeper in the eyes must name the driver

Oh well, they're going to be disappointed then

Follows
    Following

Sent PE an appeal online and by letter, the LA enforcement team from planning are going to visit the site this week and will keep me informed.

Follows
    Following

Received PE rejection letter with POPLAicon code.

As a GOGW they've kindly extended the discount period, unfortunately my discount is 100% of theirs.

What shall I put in my appeal to POPLA?
    Do l say the signage and camera equipment are unlawful as they dont have PP?

Follows
    Following

well believe it or not POPLAicon sided with a punter recently that pointed out they had no valid 2018 contract of recent.
    not sure about signage PP etc though.

see what EB says

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    well believe it or not POPLAicon sided with a punter recently that pointed out they had no valid 2018 contract of recent.
    not sure about signage PP etc though.

see what EB says

Follows
    Following

I would first state you do not believe that they have a contract with the landowner and put this to "strict proof". This is often overlooked these days
    Then go with an image of the first sign saying may stay 45 mins without the mention of the penalty ( that is what it is as it is an unlawful demand) and that as there was no mention of any charges on this sign then they ahve fallen foul of the Consumer Rights Acticon regarding unfair trading terms.

then add that as the sigans and equipment dotn have planning permission so they cant offer a legal contract and you cannot be therefore be bound by it as a criminal compact.

With a bit of luck the council may well get back to you before POPLAicon make their decision and you can add this to your appeal ( they may well still be bound by their remit to ignoreicon it but they will look stupid). Now POPLA have a habit of showing your evidence to the parking co but not theirs to you (ie you dot get to see the contract and often POPLA dont pick up on expired ones). I would invite them to send you the entire bundle or you do not consent to PE having any of your personal dataicon passed to them by POPLA

TY EB, will draft it up and post it here prior to sending to POPLAicon.....

Follows
    Following

POPLAicon Appeal.

I do not believe that parking eyeicon have a contract with the landowner and put this to strict proof.

This is the sign placed at the entrance of the car park, which is only visible from one direction, it fails to mention a penalty and has no mention of any charges which is an unfair trading term under the Consumer Rights Acticon.
    20181008_180643.jpg

The signage and equipment erected by parking eyeicon does not have planning permission therefore they cannot offer a legal contract nor can I be bound by it as a criminal compact.

Follows
    Following

I would expand on the first point to use the usual words of no contract with the lnadowner that assigns the right to enter into contracts with the public and to make civil claims in their own name. So mush more limiting as to what the parking co can claim otherwise POPLAicon may accept they had a contract with LL but didnt ask to see if they were merely agents or had rights.

secondly the sign is NOT a contract but an "invitation to treat" and as there are no mention of any charges then the motorist is not obliged to consider any other signs as the offer doenst prohibit parking without accepting the contract offered elsewhere.

Then find out which parts of the CRAicon apply for Unfair termsicon and clauses that arent in the original offer.

Laslty mention the 2007 Town and Country Planning Act when referring to planning. they will claim they are allowed to put htheir signs up as deemed consent but the wording of the act makes it clear they arent if you apply the correct group. It isnt a bus stop or fire exit warning sign, it is an advert and that was decided in Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball co if they want people to be bound by their scribble so cnat ahve it both ways

Follows
    Following

Damn it's already been sent........but l shall know for next time. TY.

Follows
    Following

no, you send an amendmenticon to replace the existing appeal.

Ok, couldn't update my original appeal, however this little beaut turned up in my inbox today........

parking eyeicon Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking chargeicon.

Yours sincerely

POPLAicon Team

Still no word from the LA and the legality of PE equipment.

But am guessing its because of them that PE have scurried back under their rock?

Follows
    Following

Good news Boo. I expect they realised they had more chance of pushing the Niagara falls uphill than winning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast