Banned from store for suspicious behaviour

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been going to the same Sainsnurys store, both shopping online and in store weekly, for over 22 years.

I have cancer and suffer from extreme stomach pain.

When this happens I become very distracted and do stupid things

- think gravy granules in fridge etc.

During shopping I was in pain and did my usual - panic that i had left my card at home.

I took out purse and without thinking dropped tablets that I had in my hand in my handbag so I could use both hands.

I forgot.

I then noticed this man following me all over the shop.

He was really obvious.

After about 20mins I cottoned on and checked my bag.

Sure enough the tablets were there.

I took them out and paid for them.

When I left the store the man approached me.

He told me I had been banned for suspicious behaviour.

I didn't deny I did it but I wasn't given any chance to explain.

I wasn't asked to provide any personal details.

I feel ashamed.

But i feel angry.

After so many years of faithful custom I think this is an unacceptable way to treat your customers.

I have loads of nectar points on my card which I was saving till Christmas.

Worst of all my good friend works there and I have no idea if they will display a photo or anything.

Anyone else had something similar.

I lack the energy to engage in battle.

I should add that he said behaviour was suspu jobs because I only took tablets and my shopping trolley was full??? This makes no sense to me.

Go and speak to the manager of the store, or email the CEO. Sounds like a guard overstepping his mark rather than a genuine concern.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Worst of all my good friend works there and I have no idea if they will display a photo or anything

no they cant do the above

not sure where you got that from.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Kinda false info there. We still dont know if it was external security or a manager of sainsburys. Not wise to assume the latter without proof.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks everyone. I wondered if it was internal or external security. I'm just getting madder. I am going to write to the store manager and copy head office. I don't think I will ever shop there again. A blessing in the long run as I'm sure it'll save me money. Another thing I remembered is that my prescriptions are all issued to the Lloyds pharmacy in store because it is so close to home 😐

Hi

When you write to them I fully understand you may not want them to know your medical condition but on this occasion I would be making it clear what your medical condition is and exactly the way you felt of your treatment by there staff (security) that banned you from that store for suspicious behaviour.

Check ceoemail link: https://www.ceoemail.com/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

BF, that link didn't work for me. I will retweet this as soon as I go on twitter.

To the OP. To me, this sounds like someone who gets a good feeling from making others feel small. I must look suspicious when I go shopping as I have to stop regularly to let the pain pass and my breathing returns to normal. (Hidden illnesses)

Plenty of other stores available and certainly cheaper but I agree that someone at Sainbury's must take ownership of this and respond positively to you

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

how were they dressed? that will give you a clue as to who said you were banned.

Your best bet is to take this up with head office rather than the store. They have the power to tell whoever it is necessary for them to speak to to get this sorted out. I would be looking for a bunch of flowers as an apology and delivered at that. By asking for this the local store will ahve to be involved so their van can drop off the flowers.

Hi Everyone,

I have been helped on these forums in the past in matters of finance and debt by the amazing people on this forum who give up their time to help people who they have never met. I’ve never been able to repay them.

I am a Loss Prevention professional with 15 years experience, in various roles ranging from Store Detective in my early years to Internal Investigator to Area Loss Prevention Manager. I have worked for Littlewoods, H&M, Marks and Spencer, Debenhams and TK Maxx amongst others. I am currently employed in Loss Prevention for a major well known national retailer. It’s all I know really, but I’d like to think I know it well. So the least I can do to repay the help I received, is to help those who need it in my area of expertise.

I appreciate the above isn’t relevant to this particular case, so I thought I’d give my tuppence worth to this because reading it has made me feel quite upset and angry.

Jessicax, hello. What I want to make perfectly clear to you is that you have NOT committed any kind of offence. No crime at all. Putting something in your handbag or shopping bag is not a crime. In fact, since the clampdown on single use carrier bags we are seeing it all the time. People using their own bags to do their shopping and putting items in their bag before taking it to the payment points. So please don’t worry that you have done something wrong (if you are worrying about that) because you HAVEN’T.

Like others have said, this appears to be a gross overstep by somebody who is clearly not acting in the best interests of the company. Whilst it is true that anybody can be banned or excluded for any reason, indeed for NO reason sometimes, if this was one of my guys I would be furious. Sainsbury’s tend to use contract uniformed security guards these days, can you confirm if they were wearing a security uniform or Sainsbury’s uniform?

Indeed, like others have suggested, the best course of action would be to write to the store manager, copying in the CEO. They will not want to lose a paying customer especially a customer who is clearly ill and still manages to make the effort to spend money in their store.

Should you require help in drafting an email / letter, feel free to PM me and I’ll be happy to help.

LPG