• Tweets

• Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
    • That's a shame but not unexpected.  I'm not sure about your assumed  questions because I haven't been to court but I'm not sure about not accepting a criminal record. It could be a language thing but it isn't your choice unfortunately.  HB
    • Have you previously requested the agreement by a CCA request ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

dwp assessment and retire very soon - **RESOLVED **

hatsanman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I recently recieved a book from dwp to be reassessed which i filled in sent back with all medical reports meds etc and and then yesterday i recieved a letter from health assessment b-ham with an appointment for 18th oct18. ive been on esa support group now for over 4 years with anxiety and depression plus cant walk so i also get pip high award which has been awarded untill jan 2021.

Now i retire on dec 1st this year so less than 8 wks away so my first question is, is it normal to call some-one in for a medical this close to retiring as by the time i had the medical id be down to 6 wks before i retire. as my mobility is next to nothing i cant get to b-ham so if i dont go to the medical dwp say it may affect my benefits but would this include my state pension ?

I have 44 years of contributions in so have enough for a full pension. yet again if i dont go to the medical could the dwp stop my pip award?. many thanks in advance for any help and advice folks might send me.

Edited by maroondevo52
spacing

when you filled the forms in did you tell them that you would have problems climbing stairs etc ? If so then you need to contact the office that will be doing your assessment and tell them. Also tell them about the problems you are going to face when attending for a assessment. Once they have been told they should move your appointment to another office nearer to you. I dont think your pension is affected but if you have a pip award till 2021 then this shouldnt be affected. This assessment is for your ESA.

So whats cooking today ?

thank you so much letsmakeamark thats very helpfull. i sent dwp loads of medical history but am sure they dont even read what ive sent. im basically on 10 different meds and cant climb stairs or basically walk. i have injections in my knees every 4 wks just to help with pain. i sleep downstairs and because of my other probs just dont go out i have a meltdown just trying to get to doctors. i cant belive so close to retiring they want to waste money assessing me anyway its all crazy.

Can I suggest that you phone the assessment centre to discuss this.

It might be the case that the assessment centre will refer it back to DWP, if the assessment is a waste of time.

Make it known to the assessment centre that you are available for an assessment, at a centre which is suitable and you can get to. If you are not mobile, they can obtain information from your Doctors to carry out a paper based assessment without seeing you. Or they can at the last resort, send an assessor to your home.

If you are due to retire in December, they might decide to refer it back to DWP and ask them whether they want to still proceed.

You won't lose any benefit, if you contact the assessment centre to discuss this and they refer it back to DWP. As long as you don't withdraw your claim, they will still pay the benefit on the current basis.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks so much unclebulgaria67 and i dont know why im getting so worked up but suppose thats part of my condition as the smallest thing send me over the edge. by oct 18th ill have 6 wks untill my retiremnt date so very strange they still want to assess me. ill call dwp and the centre first thing in the morning and update after but thanks for all the help and advice ive been given its very much apreciated.

The way these things work, is that they will not have even considered your age and possible retirement.

Someone has worked on your case and noted as assessment was due, so they have simply arranged one.

I suspect that if you talked to someone sensible, that they will realise that by the time they get a decision maker to apply a decision, that you could well have reached retirement age, therefore cancelling your ESA claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

unclebulgaria i did think this and i definatly retire dec 1st one of the last to retire at 65 under old system. ill be giving dwp and health assessors a ring in the morning to see if a they know how soon it is i retire and if they insist i still go need it changing to worcs if possible.

well folks i just called dwp who basically were no help at all and just put me through to assessment centre who said ive still got to go to be assessed as im on esa untill i retire on the 1st dec 2018. the good thing is now they have changed the centre to worcester so much better for me. the stupid thing now is they have put it another wk further out so on the day i get assessed will only have 5 wks untill retirement. i have never known a department who can waste money like the dwp. its crazy as the cost of assessing me filling out reports etc and the timeframe left just dosnt justify doing it. id just like to thank everyone who helped me with this its very much apreciated.

Maybe you could ask for it to be recorded, that might hold it up a bit longer.

See what others think. :)

HB

i just cant believe they are wasting the time and money to do it. if they waste this much in one dept god knows about all the others.

i just cant believe they are wasting the time and money to do it. if they waste this much in one dept god knows about all the others.

A bit silly !

As has been suggested, if you have mobility issues that require them to pay for a taxi or other issues such as recording the assessment, then do raise these.

Also if you had any issue near the date of assessment e.g. In bed with the flu, then as long as you phoned the assessment centre the day before, they would just rebook it. Probably after you have retired ;)

A bit silly !

As has been suggested, if you have mobility issues that require them to pay for a taxi or other issues such as recording the assessment, then do raise these.

Also if you had any issue near the date of assessment e.g. In bed with the flu, then as long as you phoned the assessment centre the day before, they would just rebook it. Probably after you have retired ;)

many thanks unclebugaria you have been most helpfull with all this. yes i will be requesting it be recorded because of all the lies they tell. ill update if i hear more and after ive been. one good thing about going back to worcs is i can be dropped right next to door and pushed in. thanks again everyone you are all stars.

• 3 weeks later...

went for my assessment today at worcs 10.30 and all good news. i spent exactly 5 minutes with doctor who said well we may as well wind this up now as with only 5 wks untill retirement its totally unexeptable for dwp to ask you to come here today. was home by 11.30 so there are some (not many) humans out there . i keep my esa and in 5 wks free from all done. many thanks for all who advised and helped me with this.

That's excellent news, I'm delighted for you. :D

I'll amend your thread title as it will help other people. Thank you for the update and have a happy retirement.

HB

thank-you so much hb