Can't get a replacement rail card advice needed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope I'm posting this in right place. I hope some one can help.

I purchased a 1 year family and friends railcard back on 14th May 2018. So have had it nearly 6 months. I bought it at my nearest railway station.

It has been well looked after and I always kept it in plastic wallet that train station gave me when bought railcard. It has never got wet, as have always kept it safe where it could not get wet from rain.

I went to get it to use yesterday and was horrified to find all the information on railcard had faded and was barely readable.

I went on the rail card website and it says there is a known issue with railcards bought at railway stations and that is that they are printed on thick paper/card and the ink used reacts with the plastic of wallet and fades.

It says on rail card website if you take railcard to a station they can put it though their ticket machine to check validity of railcard and get information and can issue replacement railcard for free.

I went to my nearest railway station today but they refused to put it though machine they said they couldn't.

they asked me for receipt but unfortunately I could not find receipt

I did how ever have bank statment showing payment for railcard,

I also had card I paid with with me,

and I had ID to prove I was the person named on railcard

they would not accept any of this and would not give me a replacement railcard.

I came home and contacted railcard but despite knowing about this issue of ink fading they would not help me they said they only deal with railcards bought online or buy phone. And that railcards bought at stations are station and national rails responsibility.

I have tried contacting national rail and they won't help me either they say I need to speak to railcard, so feel like Im going round in circles.

Can any one advice what I should do now.

Is there any way to get a replacement railcard or refund.

It seems very unfair especially as it was not my fault that rail card faded.

They know about the issue but have done nothing about it to stop it happening.

I thought a bank statement is acceptable as proof of purchase.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks in advance

can you not ask for a refund of the months not used

that cant be in dispute as they'll know when you last used if from their records.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have tried asking for a partial refund and they won't do that either. Train station ticket office said they apparently can not look it up on their system without rail card no. When I contacted rail card and national rail they both told me rail cards are non refundable.

And would not help I'm at a loss as to what to do.

I don't see why I should have to pay out for another rail card for some thing that is not my fault and that is a issue they are well aware of.

can you not ask the phone jockey's for the number of it.

someone must have record of it else how are they deciding it cant be refunded...

and its not been used unlawfully..

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When I spoke to rail card they said rail cards brought at train station are not put on there systems and that train stations don't have access to rail cards system. So there is apparently no way they can look it up on there system. National rail just refuse point blank to help and tell me to speak to rail card. Lady at ticket office at train station said they could apparently only look up if have rail card number. They can not look up rail card by name. It all seems very stupid to me in this day and age.

been doing some digging.

Most stations will be able to check the validity of the Railcards by running it through the ticket–issuing machine to check when it was originally issued.

have you returned to the issuing station?

and they

Hi

As you have already tried to resolve this at the station you purchased the ticket (fading of the ticket which is a known issue with National Rail therefore the Rail operators of the networks would be aware of this issue)

Who is the Rail Operator for the Network you Purchased your Ticket? (check on there website if there is anything to do with 'Fading Tickets')

My advice would be that you now need to Formally Complaint to the Rail Operator of that Station that they refused a replacement or your Rail Card due to fading without any checks to verify your issue as this is that Rail Operators issue to deal with.

Do Not phone them unless you can record the call you need to keep a good paper trail, writing (get free proof of posting from post office) or email (make sure your email setting are set for a read receipt) to keep a record.

Also once you know who the specific Rail Operator is, if you want to find a CEO's Email look up this link:

ceoemail: https://www.ceoemail.com/

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi, I don't want to sound stupid but what exactly do you mean by who is the rail operator of the station that refused replacement rail card. The only train that comes to this station is A Northern train. So I'm assuming Northern would be operator of that station. Is this right.

If it helps I bought rail card from Windermere Railway station in the lake district Cumbria. And this is the station I went back to to try and get replacement.

Lady in ticket office said there was no point talking to Northern as rail cards are national (as in can be used any where in country). She said Northern are only responsible for tickets bought to go on Northern trains. Is she correct or not. Is it worth contacting Northern.

Thanks again for you advice

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Teddybear154

If you are still following Windermere station is operated by Northern by Arriva https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/stations/WDM

F&F T&C says https://www.familyandfriends-railcar...ms-conditions/

3. Replacing your lost, damaged or stolen Railcard

3.1. If you lose or damage your Railcard or it is stolen, you can apply for a replacement. If you bought the original Railcard at a National Rail station, you can request a replacement only at a ticket office and you must show the completed ‘Receipt’ voucher from the original application form. If you purchased your Railcard online, you must request a replacement online.

3.2. You will only be issued with one replacement in any 12 month period, and you will need to pay a £10 administration fee, unless your Railcard was stolen and you have a crime reference number or documentation issued by the Police.

3.3. You will be requested to show some form of identification when obtaining a replacement from a station.

Edited by dx100uk
quote and weird formatting removed

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...