Carers Allowance

rippedoffagain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My wife has MS and claims PIP, she does not work, but does not claim any other benefits. She often falls and drops things, and is unable to walk easily. However she could be considered capable of work as she can touch her head etc.

Having been made redundant earlier in the year, I have been living on my redundancy payment, and claiming carers allowance. Funds are beginning to running short, and I am now considering claiming Universal Credit.

What I can't get my head round is if DWP decide that my wife is able to work, then how can I claim she needs me to care for her. Will we lose the carers allowance?

Thanks for any advice!

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

In short and AFAIK it won't affect ca.

My partner claims ca and she works as do I albeit part time.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

In short and AFAIK it won't affect ca.

My partner claims ca and she works as do I albeit part time.

Thank you!

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

As long as she gets PIP which entitles you to claim CA, then UC will have to treat you as a carer until such time as the PIP ends or is withdrawn.

Thank you.

Do DWP expect you to look for work, or more than the £120 week worth of work?

A to Z index

As a carer you will fit into the ‘no work related requirements group’ if:

• you have ‘regular and substantial caring responsibilities for a severely disabled person
  • you have caring responsibilities for one or more ‘severely disabled people’ (see above for definition) for at least 35 hours a week, but do not satisfy the qualifying conditions for Carer’s Allowance – however you will need to satisfy your work coach that that it would be unreasonable for you to meet a work search and work availability requirement

Note: A person is ‘severely disabled' if they receive the middle or the higher rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA), the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Attendance Allowance, Armed Forces Independence Payment or Constant Attendance Allowance.