TFL Prosecution letter, Fare Evasion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I was wondering if anyone is able to provide me with some sound advice.

I was travelling from seven sisters - London Liverpool Street on a pre-paid zone 1-2 oyster, the night before I got out of my zone which put my oyster in arrears via 10p. I completely forgot to top up my oyster and walked through an opened barriers in seven sister as I always do when I am commencing my normal journey Finsbury Park - Liverpool Street.

When I got to Liverpool Street obviously I couldn’t tap out, the inspectior took my oyster and said that I hadn’t tap in and I explained to him that I completely forgot. I also told him that I had my bank card and is able to pay the full fare via using the contactless payment. He didn’t acknowledge it, wasn’t writing anything and proceeded to ask my details which I gave him.

He also noted that I have a lot of incomplete journeys and I mentioned to him that due to the time frame I travel the barrier are normally open and I have my zone ticket so I don’t tap in or out sometimes. Is this crime ?

2 days later I received a letter from TfL that they may prosecute me and ask me to give my account of what happened and plea guilty or not, they are still investigating. I sent a letter to TfL apologising and stating that I hadn’t realised that when I tap at the barriers my ticket beeped red, I completely forgot my oyster was in arrears. I didn’t state in the letter that I did offered to used my contactless card to make payment, whilst speaking to the officer at Liverpool Street. I also offered to pay my outstanding fare and any admin fees

Please note I was previously fined by lorol 5years ago.

Although this incident was a complete oversight on my side, I was overwhelmed with so many things going on in my head that I didn’t think to top up, I was used to aspect that I had my zone 1-2 pre-paid and don’t have any issues.

What are you referring to exactly?

I have a zone 1-2 prepaid monthly oyster, is it complusory to always tap in and out with a prepaid monthly oyster. Also on this occasion I knew I was travelling outside my zone, although I forget my trip from the night before put me in arrears because I went outside my zone. I was in a rush, taped my oyster on the opened barrier and ran to catch my train.

Moved to the correct forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

expired now forget about it.

and they

Lorol

and they