lowells & littlewoods debt

unseen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been getting bills in order, cutting out the crap like putting phones on sim only canceling gym memberships which aren't used and the like.

I've a few debts to deal with and will be getting a copy of my files from all three agencies shortly but one sent a letter recently and I'm fairly certain 6yrs have passed since I last paid anything or communicated with them.

Debt is £2686.03 originally with Littlewoods but the letters have been coming from Lowell, one prior to this was an "amazing offer of 60% off" if I settled. I'm assuming they've also figured out 6yrs have passed? Never had a CCJ for this one to my knowledge.

Would I just need to send the statute barred letter from the library or is there a particular path I need to follow ?

Thanks,

Rob

moved to the mail order forum

if its statute barred then yes send our SB letter from the debt collection section of our library

don't forget to send a CCA request to ALL your creditors too

[well to those that you signed an agreement with..under the CCA]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. Thought I'd better get updated credit files, so far got my experian via MSE and Noddle ones.

I'm basing my conclusion that it's statute barred on when I last paid but looking at the Experian result, it shows it as defaulted in 05/05/13 about 8 months further on and also changed over to Lowell Portfolio. Should I still go straight in with the SB letter or use the CCA first?

Found some other bits that don't add up with letters coming in when I've been looking at my credit file, something I think for a separate post.

default date is nothing to do with SB date..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...