Amazon - Unfair with faulty goods?

jazztheman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a power tool from Amazon last year, at the time the goods was on a reduced promotional price. I chose this tool because it came with a three year manufacturers warranty.

This week the power tool developed a problem and I contacted the tool manufacturers because I registered the warranty when I made the purchase. The company informed me that I should contact Amazon to report that there is a problem with the tool and they will have to sort out the problem.

I contacted Amazon and I was informed that I could not have a direct replacement (probably because the price of the tool as doubled). They also would not arrange a warranty repair. The only option was to offer a refund at the promotional price and that I could make a new purchase at the full price.

I find this unfair because Amazon have the tool in stock and will not offer a replacement. It also makes you think what is point of having a manufactures warranty when it goes back to Amazon for any decisions.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

no warranty is ever worth the paper its written on.

as the fault is outside of 6mts

its down to you to prove it and the supplier can decide what they want to do.

CRA

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Your contract is with the supplier and not the manufacturer.

Thank you. Your information confirms that it is pointless registering a product for the manufacturers warranty when it is the supplier who is responsible for any problems..